Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Support Group for Mothers of Teens having mid-terms
1  2  3  Next

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 7:06 am
Post here if YOU need support during test weeks!

Grr...........

LOL

Java

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 7:09 am
I actually liked midterms as a teen (though we called the January tests finals as well actually)
I didn't mind studying and did well in school, and I loved having a flexible schedule
Not sad that those days are over though!

amother
Daylily

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 7:34 am
The worst part is all the driving for stuying with different friends at all times of day/night!
It will be over soon....hang there Smile

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 7:44 am
My baby is only one year old:)
So im not a midterm mom yet...But I myself hated midterms. I hated school altogether (minus recess & lunch)
But my mom did make it fun for me
I used to have friends over for supper, then we studied
was so fun!

amother
DarkOrange

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 8:11 am
Chayalle wrote:
Post here if YOU need support during test weeks!

Grr...........

LOL

OMG YES!!!!!

My daughter turned into a cranky stressed, cafe and ice cream store hopping monster.

swigs

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 8:31 am
Lol yes! My daughter just finished and I'm so glad it's over till June!

amother
Cappuccino

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 9:25 am
I’ve got 2! Bh it almost over. By midweek they’re done!!

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 9:39 am
amother DarkOrange wrote:
OMG YES!!!!!

My daughter turned into a cranky stressed, cafe and ice cream store hopping monster.

Is she friends with mine?

Sounds about accurate....

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 9:39 am
amother Cappuccino wrote:
I’ve got 2! Bh it almost over. By midweek they’re done!!

Oh boy...you get double support!

amother
NeonPurple

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 10:57 am
I just finished, with two. I am beyond wiped. Thank you for validating that this is a real thing. Between group studying, testing one or the other sometimes at midnight or later, doing slurpee and junk food runs, dealing with the meltdowns about things that are then ok the next day or went even worse than expected, tirades against teachers that are often retracted when the teachers were actually pretty nice and helpful, doing it all again the next day, everyone being home half the day and needing different things (loud studiers and quiet ones, "don't tell me you're finished for the night! I still have hours left!).. yeah.

octopus

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 11:33 am
Yes!!!! I'm going to join!! I'm going crazy!!!

Fave

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 11:40 am
I have two as well. As soon as they’re done with testing, they’re heading in to play season. Lots of fun, but we won’t get to see them a lot.

amother
Bluebell

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 11:40 am
I love this thread title!
My daughter had NOVEMBER testing and it was a nightmare. She is beginning midterms in 2 weeks. It will be a disaster because she struggles tremendously with academics. She is also shy and has a hard time arranging studying with other girls. The pressure of midterms is enough to make her (and me) feel like we’re having a nervous breakdown.
You’re so lucky if your daughter has someone to study with. You’re so lucky if your daughter does well in school without all the pressure…

tweety1

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 12:14 pm
Can I say it doesn't bother me? Bh dd doesn't mind it either. It's like part of life already.

farm

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 12:16 pm
Actually pretty funny how different midterm week looks for teenage girls vs boys 🤣
DS thinks this is part of his winter vacation- dismissal after mincha. Missing a slight detail- really he has to take the midterm first! 🤣

amother
Bluebell

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 12:17 pm
farm wrote:
Actually pretty funny how different midterm week looks for teenage girls vs boys 🤣
DS thinks this is part of his winter vacation- dismissal after mincha. Missing a slight detail- really he has to take the midterm first! 🤣

Boys are different!!

amother
Thistle

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 12:18 pm
Fave wrote:
I have two as well. As soon as they’re done with testing, they’re heading in to play season. Lots of fun, but we won’t get to see them a lot.

Dd is doing both . Midterms together will play practice. Marrying off soon and wont have her help ( dont have more girls )

professor

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 12:20 pm
Also a support group for the teachers having only a few days of "midwinter vacation" to grade all of them AND finish report cards

ttbtbm

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 12:57 pm
amother DarkOrange wrote:
OMG YES!!!!!

Double yes!!!
I needed this laugh (and support 😊)

amother
Natural

Post Sat, Jan 21 2023, 2:16 pm
Beli ayin hara, my teenager is one of the most levelheaded people I know. She's been done with midterms for a few days already and I didn't have to deal with any angst or irrational demands. She studies on her own or if she studied with friends it was in school or online and I didn't need to get involved. She was happy for me to bring home lunch if it was convenient but otherwise happily made her own. I did splurge on her favorite sushi one day but she would have been just as happy if I had brought her home a bagel with cream cheese.

The only thing she really would have wanted that I couldn't do for her was pick her up early from school after her tests were done instead of waiting for the noon bus. She got rides some days but not others and normally I would have been happy to pitch in here or there but it happened to have been a particularly busy week for me and I just couldn't spare the hour there and back. She understood.

In case those of you who are reading this are feeling jealous that your teenagers aren't so easy, don't worry. I already can see that I will have to deal with more than the usual amount of teenaged angst when the next girl comes of age. She's not even a preteen yet and already she's moody and sensitive and I can do nothing right.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children