Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
I'm livid!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Calendula

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 11:41 am
amother Red wrote:
You're not really giving a reason why you don't want to use him.

Delete

camp123

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 1:15 pm
Kol. Hakovod

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 1:24 pm
amother OP wrote:
Just and update: my in laws called my husband that they decided we can do whatever we feel want and go with whoever we decide. In any case we are still going to do it by my bil.

They probably rethought and realized they were meddling and getting you upset.

Glad they backed off so this can be 100% yours and hopefully you won't feel as hemmed in.

Kol hakavod for your decision. May good things come from sholom, it's a kli bracha!

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 1:35 pm
I am so impressed with you and your decision.

may you have so many zechuyos from this

As a side point, maybe after the Bar Mitzvah settles would be a good time to sit with your dh and really examine what in your relationship with your in-laws caused such a strong reaction in you.

It really sound like there is a history here - otherwise it really seems very extreme. Dealing with what's going on in your relationship with your husband can help you feel more secure and less threatened buy your MIL.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 1:35 pm
OP you are impressive .. great lesson to us all in vatranus.
Additionally, you are reminding me as a (young and new) mother-in-law, how important it is to be so careful not to mix in to our kids' stuff! thank you Smile
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics