Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Shabbos food- Hashem pays it back
Previous  1  2

amother
Nemesia

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 4:42 pm
amother NeonYellow wrote:
I also have a hard time with this concept. I don't understand where to draw the line.

I can buy, anything, like really anything and say its for shabbos and it will be paid back?
$30/lb steak, $10 per pop ices, $150 bottles of wine/shnapps, expensive paper goods, drinks, dips, salads, cake and challah? All of them? Some of them? Not such crazy expensive ones? So where do I draw the line?

Also, is it really lkavod shabbos, or is it lkavod my personal enjoyement/convenience, with shabbos as an excuse? It feel so fake sometimes.

Not saying its not real, I just haven't found answers yet.

The answer is you use common sense. You don’t spend your entire paycheck but you do buy a few extra nice things and don’t look at the price
You can have it for your personal enjoyment, just say l’kavod Shabbos kodesh and enjoy! It’ll feel fake in the beginning but once you realize Hashem wants us to have extra enjoyment on Shabbos, it’ll become real for you.

amother
Nemesia

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 4:55 pm
WitchKitty wrote:
Well, it works.
So why not do it?
Why would I need blind belief if for months of tracking everything, every penny was returned?

I really don’t think it’s realistic to expect to see it given back immediately and I’m sure most people don’t see it coming back to them immediately. I sure don’t.
If people listen to what you are saying, and they also don’t see it coming back to them immediately, that will make them stop believing in the whole concept and that is not good.

WitchKitty

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 1:55 am
amother Nemesia wrote:
I really don’t think it’s realistic to expect to see it given back immediately and I’m sure most people don’t see it coming back to them immediately. I sure don’t.
If people listen to what you are saying, and they also don’t see it coming back to them immediately, that will make them stop believing in the whole concept and that is not good.

I find this funny.
You have never tried. Yet you say you are sure that it won't work.
I have tried. I have written down every single shabbos expense, and seen how every cent came back. How can you be 'sure'- if you haven't tried, and someone is proving to you from her own experience that it does work? What is your proof that it doesn't?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note