Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Help toddler climbing kitchen set

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 12:50 am
My 16 month old keeps climbing up my kitchen set. I can't blame him, he loves climbing and it is shaped like steps... But the top is about 4 ft high. I can't ban him from the playroom! And yes he does plenty of safe climbing besides that, its not a regular thing but once a week is too often!

Was thinking maybe to put some sort of rough thing/sticker that would hurt to put his feet on over the step part... Is there such a thing?

amother
Fern

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 12:52 am
Maybe instead put a cushioned mat at the base?

amother
Forsythia

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 12:57 am
Please make sure it can’t topple over

zaq

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 12:15 pm
Any hardware store will have sandpaper with a self-adhesive backing. However, I don't recommend using it for this application. Sandpaper can scour the skin right off if he or anyone else falls on it or rubs up against it. And since your son seems like a pretty determined climber, I don't think using something nubby will deter him, either. If I were in your shoes, I'd do one of two things: put the play kitchen in storage until ds outgrows his climbing habit, or move it to a place inaccessible to him but accessible to the older kids who play with it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics