Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How to transfer from one field to another

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 10:03 am
Hi all - I'm looking to transfer from my current position to another position, or possibly another field altogether. The problem is that I have skills and experience, but no college degree. My employer might be on this board, so I don't want to say my location or particular field (I know this might make it difficult to give advice).

I have over 20 years of experience working with older adults. I create programming, supervise staff, and maintain our budget, data, and documentation.

I don't know what my job title is (it's a heimish company, I just do what I do), I don't know what job titles to search for.

Any ideas and help would be most welcome!

ectomorph

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 10:09 am
Maybe write a resume for yourself first

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 10:43 am
Thanks, I have a resume Smile . I have listed my experience, my responsibilities, but I'm not quire sure where to send it! What types of businesses (not nursing home, not assisted living) would have positions for people who work with groups of older adults, but not medical based? Or really it doesn't need to be older adults. I guess maybe community based work, working with people and helping them fill their needs.

sandyish

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 10:45 am
Perhaps look into working for one of the many Jewish agencies that provide services through the OPWDD. Your skills seem to fit what they are looking for. You can be a client advocate/guide to help match people with the services they need, or a similar position.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 11:28 am
That's such a great idea, thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics