Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
The Beckman’s - Ami Serial
  Previous  1  2  3 8  9  10 43  44  45  Next

amother
Ivory

Post Sat, May 13 2023, 9:36 pm
amother Ginger wrote:
Can you please recap? Didn’t get it this week.

Eli tells esty that the business is really not doing well, his father spent way beyond his means and there is a lot of debt. Esty commiserates and asks if she should get a job , Eli says yes. The job she originally wanted isn’t available any more she asks hadassah if she knows of Anything else. They have an awkward shaloshim seudah and Eli speaks at the end ending off that his father would be happy they are all together. Dina ends up making a comment about him hogging all the money and Eli loses it yelling that he’s tired of being the bad guy when he has no idea how to pay for everything and she should find someone else to fund her life

birdie1

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 10:56 am
I hoped Eli would've defended Esty when Dina attacked her. It seems that he doesn't care much about her.

emi1812

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 11:30 am
birdie1 wrote:
I hoped Eli would've defended Esty when Dina attacked her. It seems that he doesn't care much about her.

Well, he did go off at Dina once she made a comment about his selfish wife

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 12:57 pm
emi1812 wrote:
Well, he did go off at Dina once she made a comment about his selfish wife

It wasn’t really in defense of his wife. It was more a “plotzing” of his frustrations with the business situation.
I don’t think Eli understands his wife at all, and I do think Dina is a real rotten horrible person.

emi1812

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 2:21 pm
amother Jetblack wrote:
It wasn’t really in defense of his wife. It was more a “plotzing” of his frustrations with the business situation.
I don’t think Eli understands his wife at all, and I do think Dina is a real rotten horrible person.

Agree. I’m glad he finally realized just how incredibly self centered and immature his sister is

birdie1

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 3:36 pm
emi1812 wrote:
Agree. I’m glad he finally realized just how incredibly self centered and immature his sister is

I think the family is very aware of her faults. They're just being manipulated by her tantrums. They want to avoid it at all costs.

emi1812

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 3:44 pm
birdie1 wrote:
I think the family is very aware of her faults. They're just being manipulated by her tantrums. They want to avoid it at all costs.

They’ve always pampered and babied her and continue to do so. They all feel bad for her and rush to soothe her every time she starts pouting or has a meltdown. It’s always “Oy nebach, poor Dina she just lost her father!” They all get mad at him for not handing her whatever she’s demanding and jump down his throat and act like he’s a selfish tyrant for informing her that they need to make a budget 🙄

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 12:59 am
What happened this week?

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 7:40 pm
Can someone recap?

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 7:45 pm
It is telling how they all dance around her: I mean the other siblings also lost their father and his wife lost her husband! But it’s as if only Dina “deserves” to grieve. These dysfunctional patterns do resonate unfortunately

birdie1

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 7:46 pm
amother Hawthorn wrote:
It is telling how they all dance around her: I mean the other siblings also lost their father and his wife lost her husband! But it’s as if only Dina “deserves” to grieve. These dysfunctional patterns do resonate unfortunately

So much codependency going on there, it's sad.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 7:49 pm
Yes

amother
Whitewash

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 11:15 pm
This last installment left me feeling sick.

I did not know that the father had signed over the business to the son legally. If so, Dena has no leg to stand on at all, not in court and not in bais din. And the way everyone is tiptoeing around her ...

Its unbelievable how an adult woman can act like a rotten toddler, kicking and screaming - I want my candy now! And noone is seeing it. Simply unbelievable.

giftedmom

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 1:27 am
I don’t get it. If the business really is in the red then what’s the point in holding onto it? Let dina see the books and figure out how to get the nonexistent money. I feel like Eli is being a martyr because there’s something he doesn’t want Dina to see.

birdie1

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 8:55 am
giftedmom wrote:
I don’t get it. If the business really is in the red then what’s the point in holding onto it? Let dina see the books and figure out how to get the nonexistent money. I feel like Eli is being a martyr because there’s something he doesn’t want Dina to see.

I think he's being a martyr because if he doesn't fix it he will have failed his late father and his mother and sisters. He is even considering mortgaging his own house for his selfish brat sister.

I have never hated a fictional character more!

it’s okay!

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 9:45 am
giftedmom wrote:

I think the reason he doesn’t want them to know is because then poor Dina will have a total breakdown that not only did she lose her father but now she’s penniless, too. He’s trying to protect her and his family from more bad news.

amother
Black

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 10:16 am
it’s okay! wrote:
I think the reason he doesn’t want them to know is because then poor Dina will have a total breakdown that not only did she lose her father but now she’s penniless, too. He’s trying to protect her and his family from more bad news.

If I remember right, he still hasn't told his mothed that her house has been mortgaged. He doesn't want to put her through that, or to focus on mistakes his father may have made.

amother
Daffodil

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 2:01 pm
What a mess! The soninlaw is also a brat.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 2:06 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
What a mess! The soninlaw is also a brat.

Yes the sil is egging Dina on. Also I hated how Mimi told esty it’s a family matter and she shouldn’t get involved but didn’t say the same to her bil

amother
Brickred

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 4:04 pm
It’s good that they’re going to Bais Din, like that they will see that there is no money to be shared.
I can’t believe he wants to mortgage is own house.
I hope it’s on both of their names and Dina doesn’t allow it.
Page 9 of 45   Previous  1  2  3 8  9  10 43  44  45  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room