Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
The Beckman’s - Ami Serial
  Previous  1  2  3  4 43  44  45  Next

amother
Hyacinth

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 7:45 am
Doesn’t Dina remind you of that toxic friend in last summer’s serial about the cottages?

Can’t remember name of it now.
Is it same author?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 8:08 am
amother Hyacinth wrote:
Doesn’t Dina remind you of that toxic friend in last summer’s serial about the cottages?

Is it same author?

I don’t think so because the husband in that story was a normal person.

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 8:46 am
I'm loving it. Normal characters don't make a fun serial.

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 8:52 am
amother Hyacinth wrote:

Is it same author?

She def has some personality disorder, no normal person acts like that with zero regard for others. I have a relative like that, she can be hosted with her entire family for Yom tov & still feel like the hosts did nothing for her.

amother
Banana

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 8:56 am
amother Dahlia wrote:
She def has some personality disorder, no normal person acts like that with zero regard for others. I have a relative like that, she can be hosted with her entire family for Yom tov & still feel like the hosts did nothing for her.

Or she was raised crazy spoiled. I don’t know how her husband lives with her, but then again this is made up so it doesn’t have to be realistic because in real life a husband would get fed up and in real life it doesn’t sound like the Beckmans are that wealthy that they wouldn’t just let her spend an extra $2 million on a house. Realistically this wouldn’t happen in real life.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 8:56 am
To me the way Eli treats his wife is more upsetting than Dina.
Dina’s husband doesn’t seem to care, Eli’s wife is suffering greatly from him being so obtuse or controlling or old fashioned or all of the above.
I don’t know why it irks me so much my dh isn’t like Eli at all.

The writer seems to think that it’s normal for a husband to act like that and maybe that’s what is irksome.

birdie1

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 1:20 pm
amother OP wrote:
Dina’s husband doesn’t seem to care, Eli’s wife is suffering greatly from him being so obtuse or controlling or old fashioned or all of the above.

The writer seems to think that it’s normal for a husband to act like that and maybe that’s what is irksome.

I agree. And he's portrayed as Mr Nice Guy workoholic taking good care of his mother and siblings. His wife and kids should come before them. Dina has special grocery requests, that's when he offers to grocery shop for his wife. Something he never does. Ugh.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 1:31 pm
amother OP wrote:

I doubt the author thinks Elis behavior is normal.
That's the main plot of the story.
Probably will work out they will start communicating...

brightness

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 10:05 pm
Dina is a real spoiled brat. Where do you think this story is heading?

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 10:29 pm
birdie1 wrote:
I agree. And he's portrayed as Mr Nice Guy workoholic taking good care of his mother and siblings. His wife and kids should come before them. Dina has special grocery requests, that's when he offers to grocery shop for his wife. Something he never does. Ugh.

Unfortunately I married into a family like this...such characters are real!and until I didnt act worse then esti my hub was sponsoring photography sessions,and house upgrades for his siblings! And when his mother needed a favor he was out the door before I could even respond! My hub would literally leave the house for 4-5 hours because his mom "needed" him..unlike esti I lived in poverty, I often had to cancel my cleaning lady because he felt "indebted" at the end of the month I had nothing left for my grocery shopping...

I know it sounds weird, but trust me, such characters are real life

amother
Snowdrop

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 4:42 am
This week’s drama took the cake. I feel like shaking Dina so hard! And knocking some sense into that whole crazy family. People who say they don’t like this writer, she has an amazing way of drawing everyone in! She has real talent!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 6:34 am
amother Snowdrop wrote:
This week’s drama took the cake. I feel like shaking Dina so hard! And knocking some sense into that whole crazy family. People who say they don’t like this writer, she has an amazing way of drawing everyone in! She has real talent!

Agree, and at least this week Eli acted tiny drop better towards Esty.
A step in the right direction lol

Also when a husband builds a business from scratch it’s his and his wife’s, but here since this is a family business which existed pre-marriage Esty is the newcomer , which doesn’t make it right (the way she’s treated ) but may explain the crazy dynamic of her husband keeping her out of the loop as if she’s a guest.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sat, Mar 04 2023, 11:28 pm
What happened this week?

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 5:28 am
Can someone post the latest?

brightness

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 10:32 am
Spoiler alert
Eli tells Esti that his parents house was mortgaged but the mother obviously doesn't know. Eli tells Esti not to say a word to his mother about it.
So they had the supper get together at Mimi's house. Of course Dina has her nasty comments . She compliments her sisters food sort of insinuating she didn't care for Esti's food. Mimi invited them for shabbos so she made a comment to please have a bedroom with a bathroom unlike the week before where it was awful. Mimi tells her she will get the room in the basement. She kvetches she doesn't want the basement! So Mrs. Beckman says she will take the basement (totally obnoxious)! Then Esti goes in the kitchen to help serve the dessert. Mimi asks her what's going on with Eli. Mimi says her father built up the business from scratch put his heart and soul into it and would be devastated to see what Eli is doing. She totally bashes him how he is controlling everyone, not supporting.....she can't take it any longer. Esti told Mimi she is her sister as well and maybe she should take her funds and support Dina! She makes an announcement that she has to leave. Dina says she is coming with her she needs to talk to Eli. She can never reach him on the phone and she needs to come now.Esti says he has to leave right away,so Dina makes a nasty comment that maybe he is less stingy with his time than his wallet! So she joins esti for the car ride . As they are in the car together Dina bashes Eli. She calls him a selfish greedy monster controlling every move. She goes on and on and on and Esti is trying so hard to hold herself from not answering back. However Esti does answer he has a good reason for doing what he is doing. So she gets all angry at her and decides that is it Esti who is behind all of this!!!! She lashes out at her that she grew up with little money and so she is jealous and wants to keep the money for herself!!! She makes a comment that she always felt that Esti was jealous of her. At that point Esti couldn't take it any longer
She stopped the car and said.has it ever occurred to you that he doesn't give you the money because maybe he doesn't have it!!!!and that maybe her father couldn't either and so he had to mortgage his house! And that's how it ended. Was really really an exciting chapter!!!!

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 10:46 am
Oh my!
Really hard to believe that such Dinis exist in real life. I mean, not just spoiled and entitled, but so stupid to backhandedly bash the food and accomodations by others when they're right there and everyone knows who they're talking about.

brightness

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 11:11 am
amother Royalblue wrote:
Oh my!
Really hard to believe that such Dinis exist in real life. I mean, not just spoiled and entitled, but so stupid to backhandedly bash the food and accomodations by others when they're right there and everyone knows who they're talking about.

Yup totally inconsiderate!

Ok1

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 12:07 pm
I hate the way Esti doesn’t stick up for herself and is always apologizing!…. Now when she is finally starting to open her mouth she’s totally not doing right! Don’t say ״did it ever occur to u that there’s no money?” She should’ve said “ did it ever occur to u that we don’t owe u a penny!”

birdie1

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 9:05 am
I keep waiting for then to say that Dini has some sort of mental or physical illness, and that's why the family is so protective of her. But no, she's just a spoiled entitled brat with terrible middos. And the family is enabling her.

amother
Whitewash

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 9:10 am
amother Royalblue wrote:
Oh my!

And the way everyone is coddling her! My mouth is hanging open just reading how everyone is enabling her to be a spoiled brat.

the whole idea that her brother owes her money, or even her father for that matter, is bizarre. Nobody owes her money!

This family should have sat down with a Rav to discuss how the business etc is being divided up, yesterday.

Practically I don't even get how this can happen. Don't things need to be transferred legally? Whos name was the business under, who owns it now? It doesn't just transfer automatically, it needs to be legally resolved. Sometimes the husband and wife are partners, and if so, it legally transfer ownership to the wife. There are so many potential minefields here.... this story is pure fantasy, through and through. It has no basis in reality whatsoever.
Page 3 of 45   Previous  1  2  3  4 43  44  45  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room