Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Wig prices. SM are not money grabbing monsters!!
  Previous  1  2  3 21 22  23  24  Next

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 9:08 pm
amother Cappuccino wrote:
So everyone who charges market rate for their services is greedy.

Honestly you seem extremely entitled in that you think everyone owes you their labor for the price you want to pay and anyone who raises their price is greedy and selfish.

Normal people try to get as high a salary or compensation as they can. That isn’t greed. That is just normal behavior 🤷‍♀️😂

A cleaning lady most definitely will not be hired if she charges more than the market will pay.

You’re comparing a cleaning lady to a frum sm?
Yeah that explains how you come up with your conclusions
We are supposed to be on a higher level than the non Jewish world
We’re not talking about someone who ‘raises their price’
We’re talking about someone raising their price to 3 and 4 times what it was and what others charge
They’ll be responsible for every single other sm who raises prices that high because they did and got away with it

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 9:08 pm
Ruchi wrote:
When she needs to replace the fuse in the plug of her blow dryer . It must cost her a fortune 🤣

Yes can you believe the excuses from the ones trying to justify

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 9:09 pm
amother Eggshell wrote:
You’re blaming the sheitel industry for your choice to stop keeping Halacha?

News flash - not everyone holds covering hair is actual Halacha.

I should clarify it was ONE of my many reasons I chose to stop covering.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 9:10 pm
amother DarkGray wrote:
Sigh. Can someone explain this to her?

Sigh. You’re the one who needs it explained
It’s called being menshlich, honest, not living for money & forgetting about the Torah requirement dealing honestly in business

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 9:11 pm
amother Coffee wrote:
I’m amused at what you believe is Halacha vs chumra.
I’m not paying for garbage bodek stems. Trader Joe’s is much more affordable and lasts longer.
I’m happy where I am frumkeit wise and I don’t need or care about your judgement.
You do you my love - I will do me. I’m a happier and healthier person when I practice this way. Whatever works for you - I’m happy for you.
It will be nice when we learn to just accept people and not “pity”, “judge”, or look down on others to make ourselves feel better.
I was very clear that this works for me, and I am a happier, healthier person. For you, it may not work- and that’s okay.
As for meseiras nefesh for mikvah etc…I have done my fair share of that over the years…bh eating a nice salad without throwing away half of it and slaving over ridiculous checking hasn’t killed me yet.

You do you…without judging others.

I’m not judging. If you knew me in real life you’d know I’m the least judgmental person. No need to get all defensive.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 9:12 pm
amother Coffee wrote:
I’m amused at what you believe is Halacha vs chumra.
I’m not paying for garbage bodek stems. Trader Joe’s is much more affordable and lasts longer.
I’m happy where I am frumkeit wise and I don’t need or care about your judgement.
You do you my love - I will do me. I’m a happier and healthier person when I practice this way. Whatever works for you - I’m happy for you.
It will be nice when we learn to just accept people and not “pity”, “judge”, or look down on others to make ourselves feel better.
I was very clear that this works for me, and I am a happier, healthier person. For you, it may not work- and that’s okay.
As for meseiras nefesh for mikvah etc…I have done my fair share of that over the years…bh eating a nice salad without throwing away half of it and slaving over ridiculous checking hasn’t killed me yet.

You do you…without judging others.

Please learn how serious an aveira is and what it does to the body when insects are ingested
Do you think people have water filters because it’s a joke?

You may think you’re happier but it’s not healthier for your neshoma to be giving up on halachos

amother
Lightyellow

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 9:12 pm
amother Eggshell wrote:
I don’t think that’s really fair. It’s possible to find wigs at a cheaper price, they just might not look as good as the “in” options. No one is forced to wear a sheitel. You can wear tichels, hats, falls. It’s not an excuse to stop covering.

Is it fair kosher meat is so expensive? Can I blame the butcher for my wanting to buy non-kosher meat bc of the crazy prices? No. If it’s too expensive then eat chicken and veggies. You don’t have to have the best. You do have to keep Halacha. There’s no opt out.

There's no opt out, but the SM will have what to answer for in the next world for their contribution to this. And I would not want to be in their shoes.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 9:13 pm
Ruchi wrote:

No offense, but I can't imagine how a person can be healthier After having consumed creepy crawlies, insects and bugs.

No offense but reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit. I said I buy bags that are triple washed and do a quick wash and once over. 100 years ago they didn’t have light boxes…we have lost our seichel imo when it comes to checking for bugs.

Also - you eat “creepy crawlies” every time you open your mouth….basic science so stop with the fear mongering that if you don’t dissect every possible nook and cranny - you are “eating creepy crawlies”.

amother
Eggshell

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 9:14 pm
amother Coffee wrote:
News flash - not everyone holds covering hair is actual Halacha.

I should clarify it was ONE of my many reasons I chose to stop covering.

Right, I assumed it was an added excuse. Your post made it seem like that was the reason you stopped. There’s no way someone who values the mitzvah of covering hair would give it up because of sheitel pricing.

Good luck on your journey.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 9:19 pm
amother Ghostwhite wrote:
Please learn how serious an aveira is and what it does to the body when insects are ingested

You may think you’re happier but it’s not healthier for your neshoma to be giving up on halachos

My neshama is just fine….thank you.
It’s much healthier to eat large quantities of green leafy veggies than iceberg lettuce and stems of broccoli. That’s a fact.
Triple washed and lightly inspected is doing my hishtadlus. Making myself crazy over every speck is not.
Let’s put some seichel back into our practice rather than destroying it with ocd behaviors. Not buying bodek does not equal eating copious amounts of bugs - despite what the bodek advertisers want you to believe.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 9:20 pm

Also - fyi I was a mashgicha for the crc in the past - so I know Halacha vs chumra. If you think all your restaurants are checking every inch of your lettuce - you might as well pull up a plate of bugs to snack on.

amother
DarkGray

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 9:22 pm
amother Coffee wrote:
No offense but reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit. I said I buy bags that are triple washed and do a quick wash and once over. 100 years ago they didn’t have light boxes…we have lost our seichel imo when it comes to checking for bugs.

Also - you eat “creepy crawlies” every time you open your mouth….basic science so stop with the fear mongering that if you don’t dissect every possible nook and cranny - you are “eating creepy crawlies”.

Can you cite a single hashgacha from any branch of Orthodox Judaism, YU, MO, Chabad, you name it, who condones your approach to consuming leafy greens? Hint: the CRC is not ok with it. If not, do you feel your personal feeling trumps the halachic opinion of every respected Rabbi in the kashrus field? Wow.

(BTW if you take triple washed, do a quick wash and then soak in water and filter through a cloth you will find an ABUNDANCE of bugs on the cloth. )

Ruchi

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 9:23 pm
amother Coffee wrote:

You trust the non Jews with something that has no connection to them?
They are not prohibited from Consuming bugs so what makes you think that a quick rinse at home is the way to deal with this?
Those who are older, wiser and more experienced than us have taught us how best to eliminate the problem of bugs and that's the way a Jew with yiras shomayim follows.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 9:24 pm
So you just admitted the one who charges $35 is decent.
I doubt the $120 one is 4 times as good, just 4 times greedy

I'm saying that I don't think she's worth $120 so I won't use her, I don't care that she charges that much, I don't think she's greedy, I just don't see her value but if others do than feel free to use her! It's a free market!

Ruchi

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 9:26 pm
amother Coffee wrote:
Also - fyi I was a mashgicha for the crc in the past - so I know Halacha vs chumra. If you think all your restaurants are checking every inch of your lettuce - you might as well pull up a plate of bugs to snack on.

Are you saying this because you were the Mashgicha and were lax about this or were you snooping on another Mashgichim who were lax ?

amother
DarkGray

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 9:29 pm
So you just admitted the one who charges $35 is decent.
I doubt the $120 one is 4 times as good, just 4 times greedy

I’ll explain this slowly. If the SM charging $35 would be considered greedy then the SM charging 4x that price could conceivably be called 4x as greedy. However the SM charging $35 is charging a reasonable price in your opinion . In other words she is not greedy at all. If so the SM charging 4x the price is not just 4x as greedy as the one charging $35. She is a thousand times more greedy plus, since you are comparing her to someone who’s greed is zero.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 9:44 pm
amother Coffee wrote:
My neshama is just fine….thank you.
It’s much healthier to eat large quantities of green leafy veggies than iceberg lettuce and stems of broccoli. That’s a fact.
Triple washed and lightly inspected is doing my hishtadlus. Making myself crazy over every speck is not.
Let’s put some seichel back into our practice rather than destroying it with ocd behaviors. Not buying bodek does not equal eating copious amounts of bugs - despite what the bodek advertisers want you to believe.

I don’t buy bodek
That’s not the only alternative to doing it halachically like you’re claiming

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 9:45 pm
amother DarkGray wrote:
I’ll explain this slowly. If the SM charging $35 would be considered greedy then the SM charging 4x that price could conceivably be called 4x as greedy. However the SM charging $35 is charging a reasonable price in your opinion . In other words she is not greedy at all. If so the SM charging 4x the price is not just 4x as greedy as the one charging $35. She is a thousand times more greedy plus, since you are comparing her to someone who’s greed is zero.

Can't Believe It
Now let me explain this slowly—it’s “whose” not who’s.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 9:47 pm
Can't Believe It Can't Believe It Can't Believe It Can't Believe It
then mathwise this is also wrong because 0*4=0. Maybe 1 would be more suitable. Just saying.

Besides joking, if the increase is from $35 to $120, it's 240 percent increase in price. Same way eggs went up from 2 to 7(approx) dollars basically. And none knows exactly reason of eggs going up. Are there any other professions where such steep increase happened?by this logic milk would be $10 from $3 (roughly)and $300 k house will cost million.

Amarante

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 9:59 pm
amother Saddlebrown wrote:
then mathwise this is also wrong because 0*4=0. Maybe 1 would be more suitable. Just saying.

Besides joking, if the increase is from $35 to $120, it's 240 percent increase in price. Same way eggs went up from 2 to 7(approx) dollars basically. And none knows exactly reason of eggs going up.

Eggs went up because of avian flu which caused a drastic decrease in the supply of eggs. It is the deadliest epidemic among chickens ever.

Lettuce increased in price because of drought and an insect borne virus in the Salinas Valley which grows much of the supply of lettuce.
Page 22 of 24   Previous  1  2  3 21 22  23  24  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels