Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Okeechobee Florida
  Previous  1  2  3 7  8  9 29  30  31  Next

amother
Buttercup

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 3:21 am
Actually West Palm Beach has a very large chassidish presence in the Senior crowd, my parents almost bought an appt in there now.

I’m not Chassidish and I’ve been following this this thread really sound so thought out and well rounded and wishing everybody Hatzlacha and that it should all work out smoothly.
Poster above definitely sounds like having a personal vendetta or something, definitely trying to send bad vibes that it all shouldn’t work out. If it’s not for you doesn’t mean it’s not good for many others.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 9:38 am
Yes I gave a deposit

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 9:40 am
I'm not Mrs B I wasn't invited I just went over

amother
Dill

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 10:00 am
PERSONALLY, I wouldn't move to a community where it seems like there is "accept or not accept" to control the crowd. I may as well move to KJ. Yes. you dont want to be a community where people go to let loose, but it'll happen anyway, unless they install a Vaad Hatznius, etc etc. or they start kicking people out.
ugh. sorry.
It's starting to sound like people who want to go on a power trip, start these communities.

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 10:10 am
amother Dill wrote:
PERSONALLY, I wouldn't move to a community where it seems like there is "accept or not accept" to control the crowd. I may as well move to KJ. Yes. you dont want to be a community where people go to let loose, but it'll happen anyway, unless they install a Vaad Hatznius, etc etc. or they start kicking people out.
ugh. sorry.
It's starting to sound like people who want to go on a power trip, start these communities.

Except the exact opposite mentality is happening in this new community. Everyone is welcome, there's no vaad hatzniyus, there's no rules being set. Nobody is being asked about their phones, internet, etc.
Please do your research on Rabbi Moskowitz. He's not a power trip kind of person.

realsilver

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 10:10 am
amother Dahlia wrote:
Guess you haven't visited West Palm Beach. It is full full of chassidim.
So is Boca. And Orlando for that matter.

West palm beach is full of chassidim but thats senior chassidim. no grocery, (yet) no schools...

amother
Magnolia

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 1:36 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
You missed one point. They are BUILDING all that infrastructure. They are not just building houses, a shul and a school and that's it.
They will also build a health center (and I think spoke to local hospital about expanding L&D etc), supermarket, restaurants, retail stores for clothing, hosiery etc etc. I understand they have a list of stores that they will be making sure will be opened. They want to avoid people having to travel far for frequent needs.
Also obviously hatzolah, and other necessary organizations.

This will be the new center.

There will also be a hall for weddings and for smaller simchas

Highstrung

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 1:44 pm
amother Dill wrote:
ugh. sorry.

Rabbi Moskowitz is the opposite. He’s the one who opened a school and cheder in Monsey for those that don’t have a place.
He is the founder of Tomchei Shabbos.
He has a shul and all kinds of people daven there , from Chasidish levush to those in Jeans and T shirts. He is an amazing human and we should all try to emulate him. He is the biggest anav around. His goal is to try to solve issues and problems that arise and he obviously found that opening a new community would help many people. Never judge until you actually know who you are talking about.

amother
Moonstone

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 1:47 pm
amother Dahlia wrote:
Well she has most of her 'facts' wrong.
West Palm Beach is an hr away, Boca is an hr and half. Orlando is an hr and 40 minites away All these places have large Jewish communities. Miami is not the closest Jewish community like she makes it sound. The hospital seems normal based on the reviews from actual patients and visitors, yet she decided that it's like Harris.
I'm seriously wondering what her personal issue is with this new community.

West Palm Beach doesn’t have a large Jewish community.

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 1:54 pm
amother Moonstone wrote:

It does. Do you live there?

amother
DarkGray

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 1:55 pm
amother Moonstone wrote:

Orlando doesn't really have a large frum community, specifically.
There are some frum people moving there in recent years. But it's not that established yet.

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 1:59 pm
amother DarkGray wrote:
Orlando doesn't really have a large frum community, specifically.
There are some frum people moving there in recent years. But it's not that established yet.

I spent 4 weeks in the summer there. I got to know the community well. There are more than 100 families there. There are 2 schools, yeshivas, shuls, lots of kosher in Wynn Dixie and Publix plus some resteraunts. And I'm not even talking about the resorts area...
Where are you taking your information from?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 1:59 pm
amother Zinnia wrote:
Hi everyone
Im not chassidush
I live in S. Fl.
Two things I want to mention as an FYI
1. ALL KIDS MUST LEARN TO SWIM
It’s a sacana
2. If your kids need services you’ll need to pay EVERYTHING out of pocket

Why do people say this? We moved from NY to s FL. My daughter gets services through medicaid .

amother
DarkGray

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 2:01 pm
amother Dahlia wrote:
I spent 4 weeks in the summer there. I got to know the community well. There are more than 100 families there. There are 2 schools, yeshivas, shuls, lots of kosher in Wynn Dixie and Publix plus some resteraunts. And I'm not even talking about the resorts area...
Where are you taking your information from?

100 families is very very small.
Exactly how big are the schools already??
There are plenty of tourists to support kosher restaurants or grocery sections as well as shuls, so that in itself is not particularly meaningful.
Big difference between transients coming in for vacation on a regular basis and people who live and work there all year round.

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 2:04 pm
amother DarkGray wrote:
There are plenty of tourists to support kosher restaurants or grocery sections as well as shuls, so that in itself is not particularly meaningful.
Big difference between transients coming in for vacation on a regular basis and people who live and work there all year round.

If you consider 100 families 'very very' small, then we're on a different page altogether. Not gonna argue if you feel that way. To me, 100 families is large.
We went in the summer when it is not a tourist season. Not sure what you're referring to.

amother
DarkGray

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 2:19 pm
amother Dahlia wrote:
If you consider 100 families 'very very' small, then we're on a different page altogether. Not gonna argue if you feel that way. To me, 100 families is large.
We went in the summer when it is not a tourist season. Not sure what you're referring to.

100 families is very, very oot. Most well known oot places have far more than 100 families. The ones with 100 families don't always have enough to sustain the schools there and end up sort of dying out.
Btw, people go to Orlando all year round. There isn't a specific time that tourists specifically come there. So yes, there are always visitors that may make it seems like the population is greater than it actually is.

amother
Moonstone

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 2:23 pm
amother Dahlia wrote:
It does. Do you live there?

I was just there a week ago.

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 2:24 pm
amother DarkGray wrote:
100 families is very, very oot. Most well known oot places have far more than 100 families. The ones with 100 families don't always have enough to sustain the schools there and end up sort of dying out.
Btw, people go to Orlando all year round. There isn't a specific time that tourists specifically come there. So yes, there are always visitors that may make it seems like the population is greater than it actually is.

No. The tourists generally all stay in the resorts area. We stayed in the actual community that lives there year round. Btw, the Orlando community was actually mentioned this week in Ami in Mr. Zlotowitz's column.
I'm curious if you are interested in joining the new community at all?

amother
Magnolia

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 2:26 pm
amother DarkGray wrote:

Why exactly does it matter if west palm beach does or doesn't have schools and supermarkets?
Lakefront (Okeechobee) will be having its own school, cheder, shuls, mikva, supermarket, restaurants and shops.

amother
Magnolia

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 2:31 pm
amother DarkGray wrote:

150 families plus mosdos employees is what they say their minimum for starting phase one. 150+ chassidish families is generally quite a number of kids.
Phases 2, 3 and 4 will be following shortly after (in 6 MO to a year intervals probably).
The total number of houses to be built there is over 1100.
Page 8 of 31   Previous  1  2  3 7  8  9 29  30  31  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating