Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Okeechobee Florida
  Previous  1  2  3 8  9  10 29  30  31  Next

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 2:33 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
Why exactly does it matter if west palm beach does or doesn't have schools and supermarkets?
Lakefront (Okeechobee) will be having its own school, cheder, shuls, mikva, supermarket, restaurants and shops.

Seems like some people came onto this thread simply to rain on the parade.
If they don't want to join, then they shouldn't join. Buy why do they feel the need to just come here and spread all this negativity? Not to mention all the misstatements.

amother
Magnolia

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 3:04 pm
amother Dahlia wrote:
Seems like some people came onto this thread simply to rain on the parade.
If they don't want to join, then they shouldn't join. Buy why do they feel the need to just come here and spread all this negativity? Not to mention all the misstatements.

Here it's even worse.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....99468
I just don't understand it. If you don't like heat then it's not for you. Period. Because you can't tolerate does not mean that everyone has difficulty with heat.

If you think moving to a secluded neighborhood with an all Jewish population 45 min from closest beach is a problem for shmiras einayim then don't move either.

amother
Dill

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 3:05 pm
amother Dahlia wrote:
Except the exact opposite mentality is happening in this new community. Everyone is welcome, there's no vaad hatzniyus, there's no rules being set. Nobody is being asked about their phones, internet, etc.
Please do your research on Rabbi Moskowitz. He's not a power trip kind of person.

I wrote this based on the fact that I saw a comment that those who want to start driving there are “not accepted “

But if it’s not true - I’m thrilled to be wrong on this.

Highstrung

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 3:08 pm
amother Dill wrote:
I wrote this based on the fact that I saw a comment that those who want to start driving there are “not accepted “

That wouldn’t even make any sense. Rabbi Moskowitz was never against driving. I would not believe these things until speaking directly to the individuals in charge . There’s lots of imamother misinformation that occurs .

amother
Magnolia

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 3:24 pm
amother Dill wrote:

That was me quoting what someone posted on ivelt because someone here asked what a certain discussion was about. I clearly stated I have no clue if it is even true.

(Even if it is true that someone was rejected for that I doubt it was for driving only there probably was more to the story.)

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 3:27 pm

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 3:33 pm
amother Dill wrote:

It's completely not true. If you read through the entire thread you will see it was discussed afew times. No idea where the rumor started from but it is false.
Driving is not a problem.

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 3:37 pm
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
I based that off the ivelt thread that was linked here.
They were saying there that they won't accept people that want to start driving there.

If it is false then I guess Rabbi Moskowitz should clarify it on ivelt too.

I am not sure what you consider misinformation.
A difference of opinion over whether West Palm Beach or Orlando is considered an established community isn't false info.

What's the fear to discuss things in a calm manner?

Glad you recognize it as your opinion now but you didn't before. You said Miami is the closest Jewish community and you stated is a fact. You even compared it to Ithaca and Monticello. Which is like comparing apples to Oranges basically. I merely pointed out that there are other communities closer than Miami. Besides, we won't need to be dependant on any other community in any case.
Afew other things you mentioned which weren't facts either, but I digress.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 3:50 pm
[q.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 5:18 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
Here it's even worse.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....99468
I just don't understand it. If you don't like heat then it's not for you. Period. Because you can't tolerate does not mean that everyone has difficulty with heat.

If you think moving to a secluded neighborhood with an all Jewish population 45 min from closest beach is a problem for shmiras einayim then don't move either.

Delete

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 5:27 pm
Rabbi Moskowitz’s wife drives btw.

I live right next to them.

Nicest person ever

amother
Magnolia

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 5:45 pm
I still think that Orlando isn't considered an established Jewish community for chassidish needs like Miami is.

Miami is comparable to Monticello.
Orlando and WPB aren't comparable to Monticello.

Monticello has everything a chassidish family needs up and running year round.
Miami isn't exactly the same but can be compared somewhat.

Orlando and WMB dont have this.

Ithaca is still a good comparison until you explain why it isn't.
I understand that the climate is different. I'm referring to the infrastructure and the distance from an established community.

Youre right that the hospital has 4 floors but the picture I saw had only one.

Orange Regional has 4 floors also. Exactly the same.

Ithaca isn't a good comparison for a simple reason. Ithaca has zero Jewish infrastructure. (OK. Except maybe chabad house shul and mikva)

There they will have their own infrastructure. So what if there are no nearby established jewish communities? Why would it matter?

I don't have what to compare it to because such a concept (a small community with all their needs within their borders) does not exist yet. All existing new communities (even monsey!) Started out in a location not to far from existing infrastructure and residents would travel into "town" to go shopping etc, until the community grew enough and opened their own stores. Maybe something like Chicago? (In terms of Jewish needs obviously, not general strategic location. I'm completely unfamiliar with that community) yes its far out, but they have what they need within the community.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 6:02 pm
[

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 6:11 pm
[quote="amother OP"

amother
Burntblack

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 11:41 pm
Following

amother
Moonstone

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 11:45 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
Ithaca isn't a good comparison for a simple reason. Ithaca has zero Jewish infrastructure. (OK. Except maybe chabad house shul and mikva)

There they will have their own infrastructure. So what if there are no nearby established jewish communities? Why would it matter?

I don't have what to compare it to because such a concept (a small community with all their needs within their borders) does not exist yet. All existing new communities (even monsey!) Started out in a location not to far from existing infrastructure and residents would travel into "town" to go shopping etc, until the community grew enough and opened their own stores. Maybe something like Chicago? (In terms of Jewish needs obviously, not general strategic location. I'm completely unfamiliar with that community) yes its far out, but they have what they need within the community.

Ithaca has Cornell which has great Jewish infrastructure on campus.

amother
Magnolia

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 12:27 am
amother Moonstone wrote:
Ithaca has Cornell which has great Jewish infrastructure on campus.

I don't think that would be enough for a family with kids, but anyway that is totally not the point here.

amother
Magnolia

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 12:33 am
I'm saying they're starting a community in a place that is currently a מדבר "like" Ithaca in NY.

I might move there iyh but with the knowledge about what it is and what it compares to in NY. I don't find it a turn off to know what I'm getting myself into.

I know the lake is not deep but it is the most alligator infested lake in all of Florida.

I know that the weathers in July and August are very hot and humid.

I am ok with all that. I dont see why we can't discuss it like we would discuss any other development.

For some reason it does sound like there are people here that are unable to have an unemotional discussion about it so I think I will not continue engaging here.

Hatzlacha!

I'm sorry if my posts were too offensive. I guess you came across to me harsher than you intended in yours.
I was just trying to make the point that if it is or isn't close to other communities is mostly irrelevant, at least for me.
Yes I am aware of all of the above and have no issue discussing it with anyone genuinely asking.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 2:07 am
[

amother
Milk

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 12:45 pm
HCA Florida Raulerson Hospital is a for profit hospital owned by Hospital Corp. of America. Health care in Florida at for profit hospitals is not what New Yorkers or other large city residents expect. A relative was intubated and was in septic shock due to a for profits inferior care.
Page 9 of 31   Previous  1  2  3 8  9  10 29  30  31  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating