Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Is the recession affecting you
Previous  1  2

Is the recession affecting you
I don't have money for the basics  
 11%  [ 24 ]
I have to make some hard choices in order to afford basics  
 13%  [ 27 ]
I'm living frugally, but doing ok  
 32%  [ 66 ]
I'm living regularly but doing ok  
 33%  [ 69 ]
The recession isn't affecting me at all  
 8%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 204

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 5:09 pm
As I always say to dh when he grumbles " how can all these people living on food stamps afford enormous houses and annual vacations?" : Relax. You don't know that any of it is paid for. They may be in debt up to their eyeballs. You may have neither house nor car nor vacations, but every scrap you own is paid for and you have zero debt. (And I intend to keep it that way BEH.)

Chaviv-A

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 8:07 pm
I don't know if I should laugh or cry. We struggled the first few years after we got married. Dh finally graduated school and started earning really nicely... for 3 months! Then prices shot up and I feel like we're once again living regular. No extras. I don't have this feeling of living comfortably that I was looking forward to with dh income now that we weren't relying on mine only. So bH were not tight like we were when dh was in school but for some reason, I can't seem to feel comfortable. And it bothers me, I won't deny it.

amother
Dill

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 8:15 pm
Chaviv-A wrote:
I don't know if I should laugh or cry. We struggled the first few years after we got married. Dh finally graduated school and started earning really nicely... for 3 months! Then prices shot up and I feel like we're once again living regular. No extras. I don't have this feeling of living comfortably that I was looking forward to with dh income now that we weren't relying on mine only. So bH were not tight like we were when dh was in school but for some reason, I can't seem to feel comfortable. And it bothers me, I won't deny it.

Similar thing happened to me. Got a huge raise, felt rich for two months, then inflation hit and it’s not enough to cover basics.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics