Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
S/o Moose Knuckles clothing- Obscene?
  1  2  3  9  10  11  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 9:13 am
Is it ok for frum men and women to wear clothing with the Moose Knuckles logo? The term is slang and has only one meaning: It refers specifically to a man who’s pants are really tight in the crotch so that his genitalia bulge out dramatically.

The company chose the name intentionally.
The logo of course represents bulging genitalia. There’s something a bit off about a frum person sporting that on one’s outerwear.
Suppose a brand of clothing had a logo that said F—- I doubt many frum people would sport it. Is moose knuckles the same thing? The meaning of the term is fairly well known outside the frum world.

amother
Oldlace

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 9:14 am
This was already brought up. Move on.

asmileaday

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 9:16 am
You must have missed the flurry of threads we had on this topic 😄.
If someone wants to search and link we can entertain you with lots to read.

amother
Crystal

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 9:17 am
It's a trend. It'll pass.
I have a bigger problem with schools or "leaders" looking for trends to forbid. Like, short skirts were bad, long skirts good. Until long skirts became trendy then suddenly they're bad and you must wear skirts no longer than mid calf. Etc.....

Highstrung

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 9:18 am
There were so many threads on this topic already. I had no idea what the meaning of moose knuckles was until I read these threads. I’m assuming those wearing it , are just as clueless as I was.
It’s like when you see girls wearing rainbow items representing the pride flag in camp. They think it’s a cute rainbow. They have no idea what the meaning behind it is. Ma Tovu that so many of are clueless about these things.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 9:23 am
Highstrung wrote:
There were so many threads on this topic already. I had no idea what the meaning of moose knuckles was until I read these threads. I’m assuming those wearing it , are just as clueless as I was.
It’s like when you see girls wearing rainbow items representing the pride flag in camp. They think it’s a cute rainbow. They have no idea what the meaning behind it is. Ma Tovu that so many of are clueless about these things.

It’s great that the frum world is so innocent but if Junees started sellling clothing with the Hooters logo you can bet it would be called out pretty fast.

amother
Whitewash

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 9:24 am
the thing is if the people seeing them know its obscene it looks bad to wear. Just like you shouldn't wear a shirt with a curse word even if you don't know what it means.

Highstrung

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 9:29 am
I just checked it out for the first time. The symbol looks like an upside heart with a circle inside each one. I would have no idea that this would be offensive or have this meaning in any way.
The F word, even if I didn’t know the definition of the word , I would know it’s a bad word as that’s pretty universally known even in the very frum world.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 9:29 am
The question is what do non Frum colleagues and coworkers think when a frum woman casually mentioned her Moose Knuckles coat? Is the slang indeed so widespread?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 9:30 am
Highstrung wrote:
I just checked it out for the first time. The symbol looks like an upside heart with a circle inside each one. I would have no idea that this would be offensive or have this meaning in any way.
The F word, even if I didn’t know the definition of the word , I would know it’s a bad word as that’s pretty universally known even in the very frum world.

True but if everyone else is aware it’s bulging testicles that’s kind of gross.

Highstrung

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 9:37 am
amother OP wrote:
True but if everyone else is aware it’s bulging testicles that’s kind of gross.

Well yes. Like I said , when I see young innocent girls wearing pride flag paraphernalia, I feel like “I wish they knew what their wearing” but I don’t find it obscene because I understand that they just have no clue.
And you’re wondering if a non Jewish colleague noticed someone wearing one, I don’t think they would have the sensitivity enough to even notice or feel it’s even an issue or strange. That’s my personal opinion and point of view.

amother
Crystal

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 9:39 am
amother OP wrote:
The question is what do non Frum colleagues and coworkers think when a frum woman casually mentioned her Moose Knuckles coat? Is the slang indeed so widespread?

I hope people don't talk about their clothing to their coworkers by referring to their brand. How pretentious and tacky. "So, I'm going to wear my North Face jacket when it gets chilly. Do you like my Calvin Klein skirt?" Lol.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 9:58 am
amother Crystal wrote:
I hope people don't talk about their clothing to their coworkers by referring to their brand. How pretentious and tacky. "So, I'm going to wear my North Face jacket when it gets chilly. Do you like my Calvin Klein skirt?" Lol.

No, but it can easily come up in a non tacky way. “Nice Jacket.” “Thanks , Moose Knuckle had an end of season sale.”
Can be pretty normal conversation.

amother
Clematis

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 10:01 am
Highstrung wrote:
Well yes. Like I said , when I see young innocent girls wearing pride flag paraphernalia, I feel like “I wish they knew what their wearing” but I don’t find it obscene because I understand that they just have no clue.
And you’re wondering if a non Jewish colleague noticed someone wearing one, I don’t think they would have the sensitivity enough to even notice or feel it’s even an issue or strange. That’s my personal opinion and point of view.

I don’t wish they’d know better. I’m happy they get to keep and enjoy rainbows!

amother
Brass

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 10:05 am
amother OP wrote:

I can answer that.
My non Jewish coworkers are absolutely incredulous that Jewish people are wearing it. Theyve spoken about it, asked me "what in the world? You guys are always so religious, why would you wear that? And especially children!! I would never!"
Etc etc

They notice and it looks gross

ETA my job is in middle of a very frum area, and lots of Jewish people come in on a daily basis

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 10:05 am
It’s actually mind boggling that the emblem they choose is the rainbow, the very sign that was given after the Hashem brought the Mabul for immortality. And not just any immorality, chazal tell us specifically that they arranged marriage contracts between two males. It can’t be a coincidence.

amother
Crystal

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 10:16 am
amother OP wrote:
No, but it can easily come up in a non tacky way. “Nice Jacket.” “Thanks , Moose Knuckle had an end of season sale.”
Can be pretty normal conversation.

I still don't see the reason to mention a brand, it's so pretentious especially if it's higher end. I'd just say, thanks, I got it on sale.

amother
Mimosa

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 10:18 am
It’s considered normal to wear it in the non Jewish world despite the vulgar name and logo. So I doubt anyone outside the frum community thinks anything if they see frum people wearing it.

amother
Brass

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 10:19 am
amother Crystal wrote:
I still don't see the reason to mention a brand, it's so pretentious especially if it's higher end. I'd just say, thanks, I got it on sale.

My coworkers that have discussed it noticed frum people wearing it. No one told them they have a coat, they just saw religious Jews wearing it and had a field day. They think whoever is wearing it has lost their minds. (Theyre right)

amother
Stoneblue

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 10:21 am
amother Clematis wrote:
I don’t wish they’d know better. I’m happy they get to keep and enjoy rainbows!

True. Ignorance is bliss.
Page 1 of 11   1  2  3  9  10  11  Next Recent Topics