Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
S/o Moose Knuckles clothing- Obscene?
  Previous  1  2  3  4 9  10  11  Next

little neshamala

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 10:50 am
Highstrung wrote:
So what do you suggest? How should this be rectified. Do you think “enlightening” a bunch of innocent children , teens and adults is the appropriate way ? Should schools educate the girls and explain it to them? If parents themselves don’t know what this means , like me, and I’m a very worldly person, then how can they educate their kids?

I think when an adult hears about the true meaning then they should do their part and educate their family/friends who may unkowingly be wearing thay vulgar symbol.
And obviously stop wearing it.

Highstrung

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 10:57 am
little neshamala wrote:
I think when an adult hears about the true meaning then they should do their part and educate their family/friends who may unkowingly be wearing thay vulgar symbol.
And obviously stop wearing it.

Well, of course. I’m asking about the people that as a whole , have no clue and won’t necessarily hear about this.
Well maybe now with the mishpacha mention , I’m assuming they will be receiving letters to the editor and it will be publicized 🤷🏻‍♀️

bsy

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 10:59 am
Highstrung wrote:
Well, of course. I’m asking about the people that as a whole , have no clue and won’t necessarily hear about this.
Well maybe now with the mishpacha mention , I’m assuming they will be receiving letters to the editor and it will be publicized 🤷🏻‍♀️

Except I doubt the publisher will be publishing the letters 🤣🤣🤣

Highstrung

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 11:00 am
SuperWify wrote:
Growing up I had no idea what nude meant. We all called nude stockings “nude”. Our very frum yeshivhsh teacher explained it to us. That was an eye opener.

I don’t think teachers should explain it’s an aroused males genitals to sheltered high schoolers but they can explain it’s something very vulgar and not something a frum person should wish to wear.

We called nude stockings nude. That just means skin color. It also means naked. But it has a double meaning. So I find it weird that the teacher made a big deal about it.
But I like your idea of a teacher explaining that it refers to something vulgar without going into a deep explanation.

amother
Brass

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 11:08 am
Can someone please post the Kichels comic with the moose knuckles?

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 11:19 am
amother OP wrote:
Is it ok for frum men and women to wear clothing with the Moose Knuckles logo? The term is slang and has only one meaning: It refers specifically to a man who’s pants are really tight in the crotch so that his genitalia bulge out dramatically.

The company chose the name intentionally.
The logo of course represents bulging genitalia. There’s something a bit off about a frum person sporting that on one’s outerwear.
Suppose a brand of clothing had a logo that said F—- I doubt many frum people would sport it. Is moose knuckles the same thing? The meaning of the term is fairly well known outside the frum world.

!!!! Haven't read the thread yet but omg I didn't know this.
I thought you were going to say it's obscene because of the price.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 11:22 am
I only know because of imamother ... now what's wrong with rainbows?

amother
Bergamot

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 11:24 am
amother OP wrote:
Would they have a problem with a frum person drinking naked juice?

Once I've bought it I tear off the label.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 11:25 am
amother Cerulean wrote:
I see moose knuckles made it to the Mishpacha magazine Kichels comic strip. I wonder if the author and editor know what it means.

Surprised

Or maybe I'm more shocked that the Kichels ladies don't spend more time here. Twisted Evil

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 11:25 am
SuperWify wrote:
Growing up I had no idea what nude meant. We all called nude stockings “nude”. Our very frum yeshivhsh teacher explained it to us. That was an eye opener.

I don’t think teachers should explain it’s an aroused males genitals to sheltered high schoolers but they can explain it’s something very vulgar and not something a frum person should wish to wear.

Thanks! Good to know I'm not the only one.

bsy

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 11:26 am
amother Amaryllis wrote:

Pride

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 11:26 am
Highstrung wrote:
We called nude stockings nude. That just means skin color. It also means naked. But it has a double meaning. So I find it weird that the teacher made a big deal about it.
But I like your idea of a teacher explaining that it refers to something vulgar without going into a deep explanation.

Skin color is different than nude. Artists use real models to paint nudes and you know what that means?

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 11:27 am
amother Amaryllis wrote:

The Pride community (LGBTQ+) has appropriated it as a logo.

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 11:31 am
PinkFridge wrote:
The Pride community (LGBTQ+) has appropriated it as a logo.

But rainbows were ours first.

amother
Brass

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 11:35 am
Someone who has mishpacha pleeeeeeease post the kichels comic! Very Happy
Im sitting on shpilkas here!

Love this site

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 11:36 am
Forget the moose knuckles meaning. This kichels has me tearing it out (first time ever) before my teenagers found it for different reasons.
They are giving “statistics” that all teenagers spend that much on coats, go on lavish vacations, don’t babysit their siblings etc. My teenagers don’t get the humor, they now have leverage against my arguments that even the kichels say so.
I’m considering writing a letter to the editor.
Doubt I’ll actually do it though.

amother
Brass

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 11:43 am
Love this site wrote:
Forget the moose knuckles meaning. This kichels has me tearing it out (first time ever) before my teenagers found it for different reasons.
They are giving “statistics” that all teenagers spend that much on coats, go on lavish vacations, don’t babysit their siblings etc. My teenagers don’t get the humor, they now have leverage against my arguments that even the kichels say so.
I’m considering writing a letter to the editor.
Doubt I’ll actually do it though.

Would you mind posting a picture of it please?

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 11:45 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
But rainbows were ours first.

And ours to be discreet and thoughtful about.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 11:47 am
I wonder how long ago it was written with winter vacation in mind, and if the Kichels ladies, who may have been enlightened in the interim, just forgot about it, or couldn't stop it in time.

So let's not mock them about it.

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 11:53 am
PinkFridge wrote:
I wonder how long ago it was written with winter vacation in mind, and if the Kichels ladies, who may have been enlightened in the interim, just forgot about it, or couldn't stop it in time.

So let's not mock them about it.

It may have been done intentionally so that readers will send in a letter to the editor regarding its innuendo so everyone can be made aware.
Page 3 of 11   Previous  1  2  3  4 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics