Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Age Baby Outgrows Onesies
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 10:10 pm
My baby will be between 12-15 months this summer IyH. When should I stop putting him in onesies and just outfits? At what age does he grow out of wearing onesies?

amother
Hotpink

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 10:14 pm
I wonder if we call different things onesies

I call onesies those undershirts with snaps under the diaper. I love them for as long as possible but daycare doesn’t like them past 2

Certainly wore onesies at 12-15 months

amother
Coral

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 10:16 pm
You mean undershirts or footies/strechies?

I'm gonna do some more 'dressed' things and some footies still. My baby will be in a/c a lot so I'm gonna get some longs and some rompers. If I'll feel like she'll need more clothes I'll keep the footies for pj's. Mine will be 1 in May iyh.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 10:16 pm
amother Hotpink wrote:
I wonder if we call different things onesies

I call onesies those undershirts with snaps under the diaper. I love them for as long as possible but daycare doesn’t like them past 2

Certainly wore onesies at 12-15 months

I mean a long sleeve footed one piece outfit. For example on Shabbos, should a 14 month old be wearing a onesie or a shirt and shorts? Is he too old for a onesie?

amother
Hotpink

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 10:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
I mean a long sleeve footed one piece outfit. For example on Shabbos, should a 14 month old be wearing a onesie or a shirt and shorts? Is he too old for a onesie?

I don’t love the look for walking babies

amother
Wine

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 10:18 pm
If your talking about a bathing suit like baby outfit. I don't put them on past about 18 months. My child who was very tall with alot of teeth and hair didn't even wear it then. My small child that was a late walker and talker got away with it for longer non walkers look cuter in it.

Bodysuits under clothing to hold the diaper gets worn until the kid is potty trained even a 3 year old

amother
Geranium

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 10:21 pm
Friday night, I would use a footie as a kind of Shabbos robe, but during the day I'd stick to clothing.

NechaMom

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 10:24 pm
I stop using them during the day once they start walking but still use them to sleep for a while after.

amother
Pansy

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 10:44 pm
I think OP did you mean a onesie as in a romper.....
I definitely dress my babies in short rompers until they are 2+. I like the neat look. But it depends on size of your baby.

If you meant a onesie as in footie. I love having my babies in footies in the winter..... but once spring comes around and they are over 10-12 months they get dressed. ( could be comfy ribbed sets, or rompers for hot days) But I would still have them in footies for pjs as Its so comfy! ( Unless my baby would walk by 12 months maybe I wouldn't as its hard to wear shoes with footies and in the summer you spend time outdoors, where I live.)

fbc

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 10:48 pm
amother OP wrote:

I don't have a preference regarding age, but just for you to know - there are ones that aren't footed, if that makes a difference.

giftedmom

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 10:53 pm
amother OP wrote:

I doubt you’d find any in his size with feet that are nice enough to be a shabbos outfit

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 12:03 am
If you mean stretchie jobs that are like footie PJs but without plastic soles for the feet, they're only made up to a certain size. Once a kid starts learning to walk you need his feet bare so they can grip the floor. My kids are very short and even so outgrew the largest stretchies before they could walk.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 12:06 am
I stopped doing stretchies during the day once my kids started walking (abt a year)
I don’t like the look of shoes with a stretchy

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 12:06 am
No. Try for long sleeve t-shirts & leggings

amother
Foxglove

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 12:33 am
I would do tshirts/shorts. Keep in mind that you’re buying fit the season so by the end he’ll be 20months and unless petite, I feel like it’s strange to wear onesie style past 18mo

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 1:01 am
I have a 2 y/o who loves onesies. If she didn't like them so much I would probably have stopped by now. Although I will say it's convenient in the winter. If she sleeps in it, she wakes up from the cold less. If she wears it during the day, it's a good base layer and I put other clothes on top.

tehilap

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 1:12 am
Definitely not oinseis t-shirts and leggings are the cutest

amother
Hunter

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 1:13 am
Do walking kids still wear that stuff? At 6 months I start using it only for pajamas. I find my kids crawl and move better in leggings and tops or rompers.

momof2+?

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 1:15 am
Footed, long sleeve, one piece?- my babies wear them up until the spring/summer season when they are 8months and up. It’s too hot outside, I get them dressed in short sleeve t-shirts and short leggings. Once it turns cooler (fall,) I am usually used to dressing the child every day and I don’t go back to footed,long sleeve one pieces (which I call strechies.)
This is all for the day time. At night? For pajamas? Dress them in Whatever is most comfortable. My 2.5 yr old loves her pajamas that are strechies bec she feels like she’s matching her baby. I like them bec she rarely stays under her blanket at night and this Way I know her feet are cozy.

losingweight

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 1:33 am
If the OP means the undershirts with snaps, which it seems like she does, then when your child is toilet trained. The saggy pamper look is awful! Thanks for letting me announce that. A low hanging crotch is very not pretty. Undershirts don't make kids hot.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics