Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Detroit HELP

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 4:38 am
So I was thinking of Detroit as a good place to move to but would love to hear from people who have first hand knowledge.

What is the school Bais Yaakov like? Yeshiva Beth Yehuda? How academic? How frum? I saw they have some help for special needs. One of my kids has mild learning issues/adhd. Is the school accepting and helpful with that?
Tuition there?

What is the community like?
What should one know before thinking of moving?

Can someone send a map of the eruv? And where younger families tend to live? I found the one from the official eruv but can't seem to find those landmarks on zillow. I want to know if it is even affordable for us.

About us. Out of town at heart. Don't live in the NY/NJ area. Not chassidish, not super yeshivish, just frum.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 1:07 pm
Bump. Can anyone give some insight into thus city? Thanks

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 12:09 am
Does anyone have any insight as to Detroit communities?
I figured out where the eruv covers so I can see homes on zillow. But I really need more info on the schools.
What is YBY like?

amother
Banana

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 12:55 am
Hi, I can't tell you about the Eruv. Maybe someone else can. Get a real estate agent that is frum.

I don't know how far up Southfield has frum families. But the center of the Detroit beis Yaakov community is essentially 10 mile and Greenfield. People can argue with me on that if they want.

Can only speak about girls schools. There are two Schools that are similar to each other in values. Beis Yaakov and Darchei Torah. Beis Yaakov has always been the community day school. The student body is quite broad. Ranging from frum to super yeshivish families. Darchei Torah is very yeshivish and has always kind of seemed to be more "frummer" than beis Yaakov because of the student body. Recently though, beis Yaakov pushes the value of kollel and the students have a hierarchy putting the daughters of kollel families at the top as the "cool" kids. So Darchei Torah is more balanced and doesn't push the kollel lifestyle as a value.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating