Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Formula Feeding
Kendamil!!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Apple

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 3:25 pm
bernadette wrote:
Jewish mothers. If we would be talking about certain minorities, the whole thing would be something else

Um. A very small subset of Jewish mothers. CY baby formula is a relatively new addition to the market. And it is much much more expensive than the national brand OU-D formula. With my older kids, it wasn’t even an option, so we fed them regular similac or enfamil. We only started my baby on the CY similac because he was born during the formula shortage crisis and that was what was available in the stores. We continued because financially we were able to. If we had any financial hardship we would not have continued buying the more expensive stuff.

amother
Obsidian

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 3:58 am
Thank You Hashem!!!!!!!! It’s back!!!!!

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 6:51 am
bernadette wrote:
Jewish mothers. If we would be talking about certain minorities, the whole thing would be something else

100%!

Many people are makpid on C"Y.

If someone is not the least one could do is empathize with a mother and baby's plight.

And to attempt to normalize this "supply chain issue" is absurd and dangerous. Just wait until chas v shalom YOU need something and it is off the shelf indefinitely and rationed. What could be more of a need than baby formula for a baby who needs it?!

I get heart palpitations seeing regular formula let alone C"Y being rationed and scarce on shelves.

And yes some issues get way more press and pressure than others to say the least. Would think any jewish mother would feel sympathy.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 7:10 am
amother Apple wrote:
Um. A very small subset of Jewish mothers. CY baby formula is a relatively new addition to the market. And it is much much more expensive than the national brand OU-D formula. With my older kids, it wasn’t even an option, so we fed them regular similac or enfamil. We only started my baby on the CY similac because he was born during the formula shortage crisis and that was what was available in the stores. We continued because financially we were able to. If we had any financial hardship we would not have continued buying the more expensive stuff.

Only in frum NY/NJ is using imported CY formula a big deal. Everywhere else we use regular OUD formula (if not nursing).
We hold CY for the adults in the house, but my kids took specialty enfamil that didn't come in CY (bH they didn't need the trief kind but we were pretty close to that)

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 7:25 am
and your point is what?
that all babies and parents should switch formula because you would?
and no, not everyone outside of NY holds as do you...globally many are makpid on C"Y only pointing it out because I am astonished someone extrapolates their own view to everyone else and shocked that hearts are not breaking all over because of this baby formula scarcity.

is this some kind of denial mechanism?

all baby formula is an issue, getting some formulas is harder than others R"L

some babies need speciality formulas, not C"Y, that are extremely difficult to obtain. Does that not bother and upset everyone? Even on behalf of others?

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 7:38 am
amother Ecru wrote:
and your point is what?
that all babies and parents should switch formula because you would?
and no, not everyone outside of NY holds as do you...globally many are makpid on C"Y only pointing it out because I am astonished someone extrapolates their own view to everyone else and shocked that hearts are not breaking all over because of this baby formula scarcity.

is this some kind of denial mechanism?

all baby formula is an issue, getting some formulas is harder than others R"L

some babies need speciality formulas, not C"Y, that are extremely difficult to obtain. Does that not bother and upset everyone? Even on behalf of others?

My point is it's not such a huge global issue that the news is going to pick up on it.
My kid is on a random specialty formula that is hard to find, but I know it's rare enough that it's not going to be a news article because there's only a dozen of us per city that use it.

Kids shouldn't be starving because of this shortage- no Rav will tell you to not to feed your baby just because there's no CY formula left.

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 7:40 am
glad to hear you and your baby can get what you need and dont need to be worried

some babies also have a very hard time switching formula
glad yours are so easy
also there was a time period recently when all formula was hard to come by
glad you didn't suffer that

amother
Hawthorn

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 8:25 am
amother Obsidian wrote:
good to know. You think it’s worth switching from similac? Baby is happy but I know Kendamil is somewhat healthier.

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 8:26 am
amother Ecru wrote:
so so sorry this is still going on!

A national travesty!

Where is the public outcry? Where are the headlines? the media?

like its just a mothers problem and no one else cares?!

insanity!!!

Media has been talking about formula shortages for a while now. There has been a lot of coverage of it.

https://www.cdc.gov/nutrition/......html

https://www.hhs.gov/formula/index.html

https://www.whitehouse.gov/formula/

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 8:27 am
amother Obsidian wrote:

Where is it back?

amother
Ballota

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 9:10 am
I see it on the site I bought it on before it sold out months ago - https://koshertrader.co.uk/pro.....roel/

Massive price increase, it’s now $40 a can.

amother
Obsidian

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 9:28 am
amother Ballota wrote:
I see it on the site I bought it on before it sold out months ago - https://koshertrader.co.uk/pro.....roel/

Massive price increase, it’s now $40 a can.

Huh? I paid $40 a while back already… it’s $47 now actually but worth it for moms like me

amother
Obsidian

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 9:30 am
amother cornflower wrote:
Where is it back?

Online. I actually WhatsApp them at about 2 o’clock this night and they told me it’ll be available online in about 2 hours… I was still up so placed my order

amother
Obsidian

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 9:32 am
amother Hawthorn wrote:
good to know. You think it’s worth switching from similac? Baby is happy but I know Kendamil is somewhat healthier.

My baby switched from similar to kendamil due to constipation. He unfortunately really suffered from the similac so I didn’t even want to switch to a different formula. The chassadim from HaShem are AMAZING and I’m gettin kendamil just as I’m running out from what I currently have….

amother
Ballota

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 9:32 am
amother Obsidian wrote:
Huh? I paid $40 a while back already… it’s $47 now actually but worth it for moms like me

229 euros divided by 6 is about 38 euros. 38 euros is about $41.

Were they that expensive back then? I’ve gotten used to paying a lot less for other formula so I will not be switching back.

amother
Obsidian

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 9:39 am
amother Ballota wrote:
229 euros divided by 6 is about 38 euros. 38 euros is about $41.

Were they that expensive back then? I’ve gotten used to paying a lot less for other formula so I will not be switching back.

I paid $282.86 now and used to pay about 245

vandm

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 9:20 pm
How can I get infant Kendamil now? I used to get it a couple of years ago from formula-depot (shipped to Miami where I live)

amother
Obsidian

Post Mon, Jun 19 2023, 10:00 pm
vandm wrote:
How can I get infant Kendamil now? I used to get it a couple of years ago from formula-depot (shipped to Miami where I live)

If you’re willing to buy a case I can look up the link for you

vandm

Post Tue, Jun 20 2023, 2:33 am
amother Obsidian wrote:
If you’re willing to buy a case I can look up the link for you

Yes please. I used to buy the cases. Thank you in advance

amother
Obsidian

Post Tue, Jun 20 2023, 1:27 pm
https://koshertrader.co.uk/
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Formula Feeding