Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Alopecia - help me make DD smile!
Previous  1  2

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 6:54 pm
Gali’s wigs- someone said Charlene aminoff- I believe they take
Insurance.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 12:51 am
Op, please bump this tomorrow so I remember to check in with my friend what she has.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 6:27 am
Thanks! Bump

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 1:59 pm
hi elisheva wigs in lkwd made my daughter a hairband with hair attached
for arnd 200$ maybe she can ship it to u
also keser kavod does give some $ towards wigs
any sheitel macher can customize a wig for u
Gluck!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 2:36 pm
Op , don’t order a wig on your own. Please speak to someone who does this professionally for kids. My neighbor’s daughter has alopecia. She started wearing a wig at around 9 years old. Now she’s 13. At first the mother bought a wig on her own. It didn’t look so good… eventually she started using Elishevas wig salon in lakewood. Her wig is natural and beautiful. It’s such a big difference than the first one they bought.
I would really recommend making the trip 2x a year to a wig stylist who specializes in children’s wigs.

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 11:39 am
Hi, Just wondering if OP ended up taking the wig from your friend or if it might be available for my daughter.

Thanks.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 10:38 am
Hi I did not hear back Smile

amother
NeonGreen

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 11:48 pm
My daughter has alopecia and I came on here to look to see if there were any posts that could give me chizuk. She’s losing more hair than ever before and faster.
Hairoes is an organization for frum kids with alopecia.
Kids with Hairloss provides free wigs however I feel like after living in a world surrounded with sheitals, they look too fake to help.
I’m anticipating going to a local sheital macher (I’m also OOT) and if she can’t help then I think I’ll reach out to wunderwig bc my daughter wears a pony tail everyday to school anyway.
I’m scared we’re getting to the wig stage. She doesn’t want one but she also doesn’t seem to understand how much hair she’s lost and how much she’s losing by the day.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 11:56 pm
There must be orgs out there who sponsor this.
Maybe ask Chai lifeline who they use for cancer patients rl.

IMHO the good thing that came out of the lace from Uber natural wigs is that hair loss patients can feel great again!

Get her something beautiful.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 12:20 am
For those whose daughters have alopecia areata, did you try the injections?
My daughter had injections in one part of her head which Bh helped and the hair grew back. Now she has more bald spots, and I’m wondering if I should continue with the injections or try to go a more natural route. I’m obviously wary of the constant injections, but if that will help…

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 5:13 am
Please get your daughter a lace front wig. It actually looks like the hair is growing out of her head.
My neighbors (young girl) has this. She wears it in a pony for school but is able to style it any way she wants. Her mother found a top therapist for her. This girl is one of the most confident, happy people I know. Having alopecia and wearing a wig did not ruin her life.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 6:59 am
We ended up not getting the wig for my daughter. She is so little and so sensory that she would try domething on and then just throw it off so I didnt go through the expense of getting one but I am so scared for her to go to camp the first time this summer and experience other kids. She may want one once she goes through that Sad

As someone who has alopecia myself since I was a baby, I have personally tried every treatment. Please read up and educate yourself on the steroid creams and injections. They can cause stunted growth, hashimotos, and more even more dangerous side effects. We opted not to use these meds with my dd because of the known harm to her actual health these could cause. Bh with alopecia its just a cosmetic concern and I felt that causing her an illness for the hair to maybe grow back was not worth it. SCD works for some people but not for all so it is very disheartening every time you tell someone you have alopecia and they tell you you just arent eating the right diet.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 10:02 pm
I’m really not sure what to do. We Bh did see results with the injections but am wary to continue. My daughter will not be ok with just leaving it alone. So do I spend months trying to figure out a more natural way to deal with it?
amother OP wrote:
We ended up not getting the wig for my daughter. She is so little and so sensory that she would try domething on and then just throw it off so I didnt go through the expense of getting one but I am so scared for her to go to camp the first time this summer and experience other kids. She may want one once she goes through that Sad

As someone who has alopecia myself since I was a baby, I have personally tried every treatment. Please read up and educate yourself on the steroid creams and injections. They can cause stunted growth, hashimotos, and more even more dangerous side effects. We opted not to use these meds with my dd because of the known harm to her actual health these could cause. Bh with alopecia its just a cosmetic concern and I felt that causing her an illness for the hair to maybe grow back was not worth it. SCD works for some people but not for all so it is very disheartening every time you tell someone you have alopecia and they tell you you just arent eating the right diet.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 10:05 pm
How long did it take to start seeing results and did it the hair stop falling and regrow?
amother Cappuccino wrote:
This is totally not what youre asking but im just going to say this in case it helps. If your daughter specifically has alopecia areata (an autoimmune disease)...my daughter also does, along with a different autoimmune disease.
She went on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (scd) which is very restrictive and difficult etc but the point is the alopecia went away bli ayin hara and hasnt been back since she started the diet-2 years ago. Yhere are other similar diets people have used for alopecia-they all work by healing the gut microbiome that causes autoimmune diseases.

Just in case this ever is something youre interested in in the future
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics