Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Footmuff

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 1:49 pm
When you use a footmuff for your doona etc do you still put your baby in a pram suit/ snowsuit?

amother
Sunflower

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 1:52 pm
You mean like the 7am cocoon?

Without a coat. If you feel it is not warm enough you can put a cotton blanket under cocoon, but on top of straps.

motherqueen

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 1:55 pm
depends if ur walking or in and out of a car

my baby is 9months old I still put on a snowsuit underneath

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 2:06 pm
motherqueen wrote:
depends if ur walking or in and out of a car

my baby is 9months old I still put on a snowsuit underneath

The cocoon is in place of a snowsuit. Using both is suffocating. Please don't, it's not meant to be that way! U can use a sweater or cover the baby with a blanket.

motherqueen

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 2:20 pm
amother Leaf wrote:
The cocoon is in place of a snowsuit. Using both is suffocating. Please don't, it's not meant to be that way! U can use a sweater or cover the baby with a blanket.

are u a dr?
that is what my dr told me so I will follow his view.
and its not suffocating because there is a hole where her head is.

if its a car: hat with cacoon
if your walking: hat snowsuit and cacoon

amother
Sunflower

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 2:23 pm
motherqueen wrote:
are u a dr?

I'm thinking about it now. When my baby is in the stroller she is in coat and footmuff.
Cocoon is just 1 layer. Still, I'd stick to mine. I don't go long walks with doona either way. It and out of car is fine with just the cocoon.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 2:59 pm
My baby is in a sweater and hat. If I put a puffer on him under the cocoon he overheats very fast.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 3:02 pm
I agree that a whole snowsuit underneath the cocoon would be boiling!

If I was worried, I would add a blanket underneath and a hat. A coat plus the extra “coat” over the car seat would be too much.

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 3:05 pm
motherqueen wrote:
are u a dr?

This isn't a question for a doctor. Maybe ask your doctor if the baby needs 2 snowsuits, I'm quite sure he'd say no. A cocoon is specifically designed to use in place of s snowsuit, and not together with a snowsuit. The doona alone is very sweaty. A snowsuit plus a cocoon, is suffocating. I don't need a doctor to tell me that.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 4:26 pm
amother Leaf wrote:
This isn't a question for a doctor. Maybe ask your doctor if the baby needs 2 snowsuits, I'm quite sure he'd say no. A cocoon is specifically designed to use in place of s snowsuit, and not together with a snowsuit. The doona alone is very sweaty. A snowsuit plus a cocoon, is suffocating. I don't need a doctor to tell me that.

I dont have a doona I feel its unsafe!!
I have the uppababy mesa with the uppababby ganoosh

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 9:33 am
What about if baby is wearing a snowsuit, do you put a blanket on top of that?

amother
Begonia

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 10:39 am
Are you driving or walking? A snowsuit isn’t safe to wear in the car while driving so it’s out of the question.

amother
Holly

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 10:58 am
I think it depends on how cold it is outside. If it’s 45 F you’re ok with a hat and cacoon. When it’s 11 F I would say suit and cacoon.

So if you live in Brooklyn today I don’t think you need both. Maybe next week you will need both.

giftedmom

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 11:00 am
The 7am is very very warm. When I use it in my reg stroller I don’t put on a coat if it’s 50 and above. A sweater above 40. I rarely used a coat this winter with the weathers we had. Never used a coat when we had it for the doona.

amother
Leaf

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 12:32 pm
amother OP wrote:
What about if baby is wearing a snowsuit, do you put a blanket on top of that?

Depending on the weather, yes. A snowsuit in a doona is very very warm. Babies are not supposed to wear a snowsuit or coat in a car seat.

mizle10

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 12:51 pm
amother Holly wrote:
I think it depends on how cold it is outside. If it’s 45 F you’re ok with a hat and cacoon. When it’s 11 F I would say suit and cacoon.

So if you live in Brooklyn today I don’t think you need both. Maybe next week you will need both.

Still not necessary. I live in Montreal, it’s very cold here. I’ve never put a snowsuit under a 7am. It’s down and very warm. A hat and a blanket is plenty.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics