Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Looking for a girls sleep away camp
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 9:21 am
Looking for a neutral chasidish camp and I don't know where to start. Can you pls help me with some names?

amother
Dustypink

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 9:33 am
How neutral? What type? More frum or more chilled?
Which school is she from & to what camps do her classmates go to?
TD
Chaya Sara
CPE
Adas
BDY
Klausenberg is also considered a neutral camp
Maybe Gila?

Chaya123

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 1:20 pm
Baiseinu!

amother
Dustypink

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 1:23 pm
Chaya123 wrote:
Baiseinu!

I wouldn't call Baiseinu neutral chassidish, it's a pretty modern crowd. English speaking camp.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 1:24 pm
amother Dustypink wrote:
I wouldn't call Baiseinu neutral chassidish, it's a pretty modern crowd. English speaking camp.

er what? English-speaking = modern?

(I thought Baiseinu was RW yeshivish or heimish.)

amother
Aconite

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 1:24 pm
Tubby?
Malka?

Palgai would have been a great choice too but they closed down..

Chaya123

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 1:25 pm
amother Dustypink wrote:

modern????
It's the only camp besides for the very chassidish one that has similar tznius rules like no socks, pajamas etc.
It has a great heimish crowd. I wouldn't call it modern at all!

Chaya123

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 1:26 pm
Chayalle wrote:

yes, it's RW yeshivish and heimishe and also chassidish. From Lakewood- Bais rochel, Tiferes Chaya, Bnos Hadassah.
BP- Bais Brocha, Emunas
Monsey- Bais Rochel

It's a great crowd, very frum and wonderful staff and owners.

amother
Dustypink

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 2:06 pm
Chayalle wrote:

There are 2 Baisainu camps.
A Yeshivish camp
And a neutral chassidish camp, that used to be called machanainu. The chassidish Baisainu/Machanainu was always considered more of a modernish chassidish camp rather than neutral chassidish camp. An English speaking camp is not considered a regular chassidish camp.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 11:27 am
Chaya123 wrote:
Baiseinu!

Their registration is closed already Sad
Any way around it?

Chaya123

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 11:28 am
amother OP wrote:
Their registration is closed already Sad
Any way around it?

for both halves? Usually 2nd half stays open for while. Did you call? Can you be on waiting list?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 11:30 am
amother Dustypink wrote:
How neutral? What type? More frum or more chilled?
Which school is she from & to what camps do her classmates go to?
TD
Chaya Sara
CPE
Adas
BDY
Klausenberg is also considered a neutral camp
Maybe Gila?

Thanks, what's BDY?

scruffy

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 11:42 am
amother Dustypink wrote:
A Yeshivish camp
And a neutral chassidish camp, that used to be called machanainu. The chassidish Baisainu/Machanainu was always considered more of a modernish chassidish camp rather than neutral chassidish camp. An English speaking camp is not considered a regular chassidish camp.

AFAIK there is only one camp. It has both yeshivish and heimish girls

Chaya123

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 11:42 am
Maybe the other one you're referring to is Bnoseinu?

Chayalle

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 11:43 am
amother Dustypink wrote:
A Yeshivish camp

My DD had friends from Bais Faiga in Lakewood who went to Machaneinu. They were not remotely Chassidish, but they were very RW yeshivish. My good friend sent her girls there as well - not a drop of Chassidish blood in their family.

So I'm pretty sure that Machaneinu/baiseinu is not Chassidish, strictly speaking (unless it's clientele switched over. Like Camp Malka, which used to be mixed, and lately became more Heimish - all the yeshivish people I know who used to send there, now send to CBY or similar.)

BTW, I have litvish/yeshivish friends (like the one whose daughters went to Machaneinu) who speak yiddish to their kids at home.

Please don't call very frum yeshivish/heimish people or the institutions they run "modernish". That is so offensive. The people I know who sent to machaneinu are very ultra frum, not in the slightest modern.

Chaya123

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 11:53 am
Chayalle wrote:
My DD had friends from Bais Faiga in Lakewood who went to Machaneinu. They were not remotely Chassidish, but they were very RW yeshivish. My good friend sent her girls there as well - not a drop of Chassidish blood in their family.

So I'm pretty sure that Machaneinu/baiseinu is not Chassidish, strictly speaking (unless it's clientele switched over. Like Camp Malka, which used to be mixed, and lately became more Heimish - all the yeshivish people I know who used to send there, now send to CBY or similar.)

BTW, I have litvish/yeshivish friends (like the one whose daughters went to Machaneinu) who speak yiddish to their kids at home.

Please don't call very frum yeshivish/heimish people or the institutions they run "modernish". That is so offensive. The people I know who sent to machaneinu are very ultra frum, not in the slightest modern.

Absolutely agree! Everyone who sends there is so frum! The girls are dressed very tznius with higher standards than any other yeshivishe camp, which is why some RW yeshivishe will only send there (think tights, nightgowns, no caps etc), are very refined girls from wonderful homes. The staff are super frum, mechanochos from the most heimishe schools. Speaking/Singing English doesn't make anyone modern.

amother
Dustypink

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 11:56 am
Chayalle wrote:

Machanainu always attracted the more modern/chilled Chassidish girls which is why many chassidish schools do not allow their students to go to that camp. It may be a great camp, but not for the mainstream chassidish girl.

amother
Dustypink

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 11:58 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks, what's BDY?

Bnos Derech Yisroel. It has a different name as well, it slipped my mind.
I think you should find out where the girls in her class are going and take it from there.
Are you comfortable sharing which school she is in?

Chayalle

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 12:14 pm
amother Dustypink wrote:
Machanainu always attracted the more modern/chilled Chassidish girls which is why many chassidish schools do not allow their students to go to that camp. It may be a great camp, but not for the mainstream chassidish girl.

The litvish/yeshivish girls who go there are not in the slightest modern - they are the frummest, most RW girls, very refined. As to chilled, that's a personality (synonymous with easygoing).

It may not be Chassidish, and I get the feeling that you would call anyone who isn't Chassidish "modern". (and that's pretty offensive, FYI).

I should start a spinoff on this. Do many Chassidish people feel this way? Pretty shocking if true.

(I can understand Chassidim wanting to send their kids to a Chassidish camp, but not because the camp is "modern", but rather, because it's not Chassidish. Just like I wouldn't send my yeshivish kids to a Chassidish camp - it's not our type/culture/values.)

amother
Dustypink

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 12:18 pm
Chayalle wrote:
The litvish/yeshivish girls who go there are not in the slightest modern - they are the frummest, most RW girls, very refined. As to chilled, that's a personality (synonymous with easygoing).

It may not be Chassidish, and I get the feeling that you would call anyone who isn't Chassidish "modern". (and that's pretty offensive, FYI).

I should start a spinoff on this. Do many Chassidish people feel this way? Pretty shocking if true.

(I can understand Chassidim wanting to send their kids to a Chassidish camp, but not because the camp is "modern", but rather, because it's not Chassidish. Just like I wouldn't send my yeshivish kids to a Chassidish camp - it's not our type/culture/values.)

No, I don't consider non chassidish modern, that's absurd! My mom's entire family is non chassidish.
But, as a chassidish women, I know what camps are acceptable in mainstream chassidish circles and which camps are not. I know what type of chassidish girls go to machaneinu and that many schools don't allow it. And because you're not a chassidish women, you cannot understand this mentality.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps