Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Birthdays & Anniversaries
Celebrating parents anniversary

muss

Post Mon, Jun 16 2008, 10:23 pm
Does anyone celebrate their parents anniversary? It's going to be my parents' 30th anniversary, and we are trying to figure out what to do. Any ideas?

mom2bsn

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 1:07 am
we just celebrated my parents 25th anniversary..we made them a huge collage of pictures of us and the grandkids and bought them a nice flower arrangment

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 5:22 am
My parents are celebrating their 30th next year, and I would love some ideas as well. We had a surprise party for their 25th, including a powerpoint show of their life together. How do we top that?

Tehilla

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 6:34 am
we usually give them a card/gift/phone call. but for bigger ones (recently there was 35, 36) we try to organize something with dinner & as much family as possible, homemade presents/cards from the grandchildren. dunno what your specific situation in terms of location, etc is, so I can only say what we did. mazel tov, many more happy & healthy!

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 8:10 am
We got my parents a nice silver piece for thier anniversary. The kids each made nice cards.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 9:03 am
If I can write this annon, Wink Confused I'd write something, but since I can't Crying ..oh well! (I mean about my parents anniversary.)
To celebrate their anniversary, do you want to make a big party, family dinner, or just a major acknowledgment?

Rivky

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 9:10 am
General anniversary is a phone call or card. We just did the 25th for them. T'was massive w/ the entire family and aunts and uncles and cuzins and grandparents....celebrating together.

chavy

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 9:14 am
we made a very nice dinner with the whole family and gave a nice pic of grandkids and then bought a very nice present it was really beautiful............

Imawoman

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 9:26 am
It was just my parents 26th anniversary, but since my father was in mourning, we couldn't really do anything for them. There's always next year Smile.

Soon it will be my ILs 33rd anniversary...and then my first Very Happy. I told DH we can celebrate with ice cream. I'm such a demanding wife! lol

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 10:47 am
For my grandparents' 50th we wanted to make a big party but my grandfather hates being the center of attention, so my uncle brought them to the restaurant like every year. This year was the 55th keyn ayn hore and since we were also in Israel we went to a great restaurant. YUm.

My parents just acknowledge theirs. Recently I've managed to convince them to at least do a restaurant.

mom7270

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 3:41 pm
for my parents 40 anniversary, we catered a friday night meal together, all my sibling came from wherever and we surprised them, we made a stunning scrapbook, and had einiklach from every family speak, we had an amzing program, and then after the meal we had a sweet table and dessert and invited all their friends and the rest of their families. also we bought them a stunning silver vase

muss

Post Sat, Jun 21 2008, 7:41 pm
thanks for the replies, but for their 25th we had a big surprise party with all the relatives, but now most of us are away from home, but the few that are home what to do something big. any more ideas?
thanks

veteranmom

Post Sat, Jun 21 2008, 8:07 pm
FOR THEIR 40TH WE HAD a dinner at a restaurant.

For their 50th we are planning a shabbos in a hotel. We are chipping in for a family tree done with cut art.

Starhavah

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 8:13 pm
I made a party for my parent's 25th anniversary and my sibs and I made a party for their 45th. To both parties we invited cousins young and old. It was a great time. The 25th was a BBQ (their anniversary is in June) and the 45th was brunch. At the 45th my brother made a DVD of a number of photos from all stages of their relationship and marriage. He set it to music from their dating years. We set the DVD on a continous loop in the den (a room off to the side not the main room where the party was being held)and gave them out as party favors. They were a huge hit.

Star Havah
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Birthdays & Anniversaries