Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Kosher Kitchen Guide for Household Help

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 10:32 am
Does anyone have one?

Thanks so much!

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 11:05 am
Talking about cooking or cleaning?

For cooking, no guide beats supervison and experience. Teach them the basics and over time, they’ll learn since you’ll be supervising anyways.

I taught lots of non Jewish staff, but never left any alone for long periods because in kosher kitchens, Jews can make mistakes.

There may come a time where you trust the person to work alone with yotzei ve nichnas but you’d still be supervising.

Cleaning- get everything off the counters and all the dishes out of the sink. Wash yourself and have the cleaner just clean the kitchen itself.

Ask them not to use piping hot water ( or adjust your tank to less than yad soledet bo, and it won’t even matter what cloths they use.

Worked with non Jews in my business. Remember there are also the laws of what you can ask them to do on Shabbat or not.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 11:23 am
Chana Miriam S wrote:

For cooking, no guide beats supervison and experience. Teach them the basics and over time, they’ll learn since you’ll be supervising anyways.

I taught lots of non Jewish staff, but never left any alone for long periods because in kosher kitchens, Jews can make mistakes.

There may come a time where you trust the person to work alone with yotzei ve nichnas but you’d still be supervising.

Cleaning- get everything off the counters and all the dishes out of the sink. Wash yourself and have the cleaner just clean the kitchen itself.

Ask them not to use piping hot water ( or adjust your tank to less than yad soledet bo, and it won’t even matter what cloths they use.

Worked with non Jews in my business. Remember there are also the laws of what you can ask them to do on Shabbat or not.

I will not be home during the day, so I will not be supervising, although I do have cameras.

She will do minimal food prep for the baby - I know there is a guide and I want her to know the rules just in case.

Same with cleaning if she is clearing the counters.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 3:03 pm
https://www.ok.org/assets/OK-T.....b.pdf

can this help?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 3:48 pm
Chana Miriam S wrote:

How do you change your tank that’s it’s not yad tzoledet bo?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen