Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Bnos Melech seminary

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 2:20 am
Has anyone heard of this seminary? It came up as something that was suggested for my daughter but I can’t find out anything other than the website which sort of implies that it’s not so mainstream.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sat, Feb 11 2023, 11:05 pm
It's not mainstream. It's for girls who are struggling.
The principal is not emotionally healthy. Please do a lot of research.

amother
Yarrow

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 1:42 am
There is a new menahel.
He can be reached at menahel@bmseminary.org
It is a lower pressure school with lots of fun programming. It caters to 12th graders and beyond, has a full service dorm, and is designed for heimishe girls who are struggling but are still frum. It is not focusing on otd girls.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 9:56 am
Do you mean a Bnos Melech in Israel?

amother
Yarrow

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 10:14 am
Yes, located in Ramot. Has been around for 8 years. Currently has girls from Monsey, BP, Lakewood etc.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 10:17 am
I was there going back 6 years.
I had a phenomenal experience! It really depends on the year, depending on the girls she gets. I also heard that it has changed a lot since I was there.

amother
RosePink

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 10:17 am
If you’re the op of the other thread I think Beer Miriam would be a much better option for your daughter.
I know 3 girls that went there and all loved it.

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 11:41 am
amother Aquamarine wrote:
It's not mainstream. It's for girls who are struggling.
The principal is not emotionally healthy. Please do a lot of research.

Girls who are struggling emotionally/socially off.

Yeah I have a horrible experience a few years ago. The principal totally lies to us about what the place was like, and it was not a good fit for me at all. Its very heimish and super yeshivish. Thank God we backed out in the first month, but we were lied to because they were desperate for more girls.

amother
Yarrow

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 11:52 am
This is no way discounts what you say, but with all sems and schools, each year is a life of its own. All of these sems change so much depending upon who is there that year. Some have a lousy experience and others love it. Sorry to hear that it wasn't good for you......

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 1:05 pm
amother Yarrow wrote:
This is no way discounts what you say, but with all sems and schools, each year is a life of its own. All of these sems change so much depending upon who is there that year. Some have a lousy experience and others love it. Sorry to hear that it wasn't good for you......

It wasn't just the girls. The sem lied to us many times about the girls, location, staff etc.

amother
Hosta

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 2:20 pm
They have two locations. Two groups, one in Ramot and one in Romema eara in Jerusalem. Mrs F. is amazing! It's a very tiny group of girls each year.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 2:28 pm
Mrs. F is really amazing! She takes care of the girls like her own.
This seminary year changed my life for the good!
You should do intense research on the girls that will join the coming year cuz that’s the key to a successful year.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info