Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
I am scared to get wig thinned out because I added baby hair

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 4:46 pm
I want to get my sheitel thinned out but I am nervous because I am scared the sheitel macher will thin out the baby hair also. Do you think if I get my wig thinned out the baby hair that I added might be thinned out as well?

m987

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 5:23 pm
I had my wig thinned and she didnt touch the baby hair. You can also ask her not too. I also had wefts removed which def doesn’t affect baby hair.

Debbig

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 5:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
I want to get my sheitel thinned out but I am nervous because I am scared the sheitel macher will thin out the baby hair also. Do you think if I get my wig thinned out the baby hair that I added might be thinned out as well?

If she is thinning the hairline then she has to be careful not to take out the baby hair. Which btw falls out on its own within about a yr.
If she is thinning the rest of the wig the baby hair is not really at risk.
Plz make sure she is thinning it properly & not using a thinning shears.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 6:09 pm
Can you look through the scalp area and see if you can see separate wefts at the sides and back? If you can, bring the wig to someone who has experience and will expertly remove some of the wefts

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 2:19 am
Debbig wrote:
If she is thinning the hairline then she has to be careful not to take out the baby hair. Which btw falls out on its own within about a yr.
If she is thinning the rest of the wig the baby hair is not really at risk.
Plz make sure she is thinning it properly & not using a thinning shears.

How do you thin out a wig appropriately without thinning shears? This lady last time cut my whole wig with thinning shears and thinned it out with thinning shears.
Also does the baby hair fall out after a year of you wear the wig every day or after a year if you wear it twice a week?

amother
Maple

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 2:51 am
I admit I just trust my sm and do what she says regarding my wigs without thinking too much......but why would you be concerned about your baby hairs when thinning a shaitel?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels