Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
So frustrated with HSBC services Monsey
Previous  1  2

amother
NeonPurple

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 10:27 am
Some programs in Monsey...

Birnhack (boys elementary)
Yesodos (girls elementary)
Tiferes (girls high school)
Tehilas (girls elementary- catering to students with learning disabilities)
Ashira (girls high school - geared for students with learning disabilities)
Ohr V'Daas (They also have a program called Bnos Ohr for girls)

Maybe others can chime in with other programs/resources in Monsey

amother
NeonPurple

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 10:37 am
OP, maybe you can reach out to Tova Wacholder, she's the director of Yahalom NY (a division of Agudas Yisroel) and she might know of other resources that can help your son...
HCBS is only funding, but doesn't provide the actual resources/staff that you will need...
Once you have the resources in place, whether a private tutor or a specialized school setting, then HCBS can usually be used to help pay for it...

amother
Cherry

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 10:53 am
amother NeonPurple wrote:
OP, maybe you can reach out to Tova Wacholder, she's the director of Yahalom NY (a division of Agudas Yisroel) and she might know of other resources that can help your son...
HCBS is only funding, but doesn't provide the actual resources/staff that you will need...
Once you have the resources in place, whether a private tutor or a specialized school setting, then HCBS can usually be used to help pay for it...

This is actually crux of the problem. HCBS is supposed to provide the resources/staff you need - its not supposed to fund a private tutor, or tuition payments or any other resource that you have to find yourself. It is supposed to provide actual help for the child and the family and find the staff to do it.

But I also recommend reaching out to Tova who can help steer you to agencies that will try to help.

amother
Apple

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 10:53 am
Similar situation in Brooklyn
I was promised the world when I signed up
Lmaase most of the services dd is getting are second rate, come along with some sort of billing scam, or are unreliable.
While the therapy she actually needs hasn’t happened yet.
And they’re telling me if she doesn’t get therapy she’ll be disenrolled. At this point I’m like, let them disenroll her I guess. This is proving to be more trouble than it’s worth. I signed her up for guidance for myself and for streamlined services. Not for a buerocratic Nightmare and to get irate phone calls from different clinics that I need to fill out this and this paperwork when I have no idea what’s going on.
The Chanukah packages and chol hamoed outings are nice but at this point feels like a bribe.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 11:15 am
amother Apple wrote:
Similar situation in Brooklyn
I was promised the world when I signed up
Lmaase most of the services dd is getting are second rate, come along with some sort of billing scam, or are unreliable.
While the therapy she actually needs hasn’t happened yet.
And they’re telling me if she doesn’t get therapy she’ll be disenrolled. At this point I’m like, let them disenroll her I guess. This is proving to be more trouble than it’s worth. I signed her up for guidance for myself and for streamlined services. Not for a buerocratic Nightmare and to get irate phone calls from different clinics that I need to fill out this and this paperwork when I have no idea what’s going on.
The Chanukah packages and chol hamoed outings are nice but at this point feels like a bribe.

This is a serious issue. I know which organization you’re talking about because I have friends that are in the same shoes.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)