Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
If you work as a therapist in a school…
Previous  1  2

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 3:49 pm
amother Burntblack wrote:
Well, here are my thoughts:

Give it up therapists! You ain't getting a MM from me! I am paying you $160/hour. That should do just fine. And if it don't, too freakin' bad.

Does the insanity ever end...

I’m a private pay OT but out of town. I make a better rate than through insurance but not as high as you quoted. I never expect MM because I’m already getting paid by the parents!

amother
Lightyellow

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 4:14 pm
Such a strange post
Do you realize how many kids a therapist has and how they work back to back? When should they call parents? Parents can talk for 45 minutes about their kid
Multiply that by a caseload and you can understand why your school based therapist isn’t calling you once a month. And they are not paid for it

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 4:20 pm
amother Lightyellow wrote:
Such a strange post
Do you realize how many kids a therapist has and how they work back to back? When should they call parents? Parents can talk for 45 minutes about their kid
Multiply that by a caseload and you can understand why your school based therapist isn’t calling you once a month. And they are not paid for it

I'm an ei therapist so maybe that's different. I see my clients back to back in daycare and playgroups. I make sure to send an update txt at least 1x a month but usually I send one after every session.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 5:31 pm
I hear your frustration and you're probably right (put mm aside, you want to hear how your daughter is doing).
Just a suggestion, pick up the phone and call her. I do it all the time to my kids teachers and rebbis. I really don't care if they like it or not.

"Hi this is Sruly's mother. Do you have a few minutes to talk now, it's not urgent. I just wanted to hear how sruly is doing? Great, so happy to hear bh. Anything I need to be worried about? Super. Thank you so much for your time and everything you do for Sruly. Pls feel free to call me if there is anything you want to discuss with me. Good night. "

And then I'm happy. I got to know how my kid is doing. Don't be hung up on who called who.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics