Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Pet Peeves: What Are Yours??
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

tweety1

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 12:40 am
princess2468 wrote:
When people have a driveway and don't use it! Especially in Brooklyn where parking spots are so hard to find!

Omg! I have a neighbor that officially does this. He's been called out on it more times than I can count. He couldn't care less.

NechaMom

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 12:43 am
tweety1 wrote:
Omg! I have a neighbor that officially does this. He's been called out on it more times than I can count. He couldn't care less.

Can you ask him if he minds if you use his driveway if you have no other parking and he’s parked on the street?

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 4:12 am
amother Offwhite wrote:
This post doesn’t make me love humanity very much… give people a little grace… none of us is perfect…
My pet peeve once we are showing the intolerant side is ppl who call my husband after 11 at night for school related reasons. Unless the building is on fire it can wait till morning

You may want to change the settings on your phone to be silent during certain hours. You can still have phone calls from relatives coming through.

hello3

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 4:15 am
When someone picks their nose- it’s so gross I can’t.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 5:00 am
amother DarkPurple wrote:
When people don’t put their shopping carts back and leave them in the parking spot.

Just want to say. This used to irk me to no end. I was always taught to be responsible and it was only proper to return it. But then I went shopping with a baby and realized I gotta choose, keep my baby out longer in the cold and return the cart or just push it to the side.
And btw, sometimes someone may push it to the side and it blows back right into the parking spot

amother
Tulip

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 5:07 am
When business associates send voice notes, so unprofessional, please email or text. And when men message me when they can just as well message my husband.

Chickensoupprof

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 5:23 am
People coming too late without telling me that they will be later. Seriously, you can't do that to a yekke. If you come at 10:00 you come at 10:00 not 10:15 .

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 5:49 am
When a guy or couple says we’re pregnant, only a woman can be pregnant, you can’t be pregnant if you’re a guy.
Yiddish speaking guys say ‘ehr hut geboren a baby’ which literally means ‘he gave birth to a baby’!!! Quite impossible and disrespectful to the woman who actually gave birth.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 5:51 am
amother Aqua wrote:
people who do not use blinkers

When people call pregnant, preg. As in did you hear sarah is preg?

Men who adjust themselves down there. In public

Being touched while I am busy with a task. Like my husband groping my butt while I am cooking. I do not appreciate that

People who have mani or a pedi.
It's manicure and pedicure.
Makes you think some people are being charged for spelling or saying the word correctly.

unnamed

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 5:54 am
amother Daylily wrote:
When people *especially educated individuals misspell your/ you're, there/they're/their
Where/were
To/too/two
A lot (people think it's one word).

When people write in "regards" to instead of in regard to.
When people don't thank me or acknowledge that I held the door open for them.
Loud chewing.
When people touch or kick my chair while I'm sitting.

Both 'regards' and 'regard' are correct and can be used interchangeably.

unnamed

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 5:59 am
unnamed wrote:
Both 'regards' and 'regard' are correct and can be used interchangeably.

Unlike 'anyways'

amother
Arcticblue

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 6:22 am
unnamed wrote:
Unlike 'anyways'

I was going to write this.

amother
Anemone

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 6:32 am
When women whatsapp my husband on their husbands behalf because the husband is too frum to have whatsapp. And its frummer for your wife to be whatsapping my husband!?

amother
Ballota

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 6:41 am
We used to live near a relative who was 'too frum to have internet' in the house. We once helped them out with updating things on their computer so they now had our password. They would then park in our driveway and check email and internet things. As soon as I discovered that we changed the password.

You either use or don't use the internet for frumkeit reasons.

Seriously, don't be a hypocrite at my expense.

Raisin

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 7:15 am
voicenotes. I hate them. I know they are convenient for people but I really dislike listening to them, having to listen back to them to pick out the important info (I am coming at 5pm), being worried to listen to them in case they contain private information and I am in a public place.

amother
Bluebell

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 7:35 am
When people share a go fund me to a cause that is special to them, but they didn’t give. Not talking please give to bonei Olam , but rather please give to my friends aunt who is sick or go my nieces bais yaakov in a city you’ve never been to. If it’s such an important cause that I as a stranger should give, why didn’t you give $18? Certainly oftentimes these peolle cannot afford to but it just happens so often and it is my pet peeve not something I actually think is horrendous

amother
Bluebell

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 7:38 am
I have no issue with voice notes that take the place of phone calls- I have friends where we send long notes to each other all the time. My friend sent me a 12 min note the other day! 😆

What I really hate is two other types of voice notes
1. One that says something like “Great!” Or “ok” . You really can’t type that? I have to put my phone to my ear wirh all my loud kids to hear you say “thanks “ ?
2. Things that are too hard for you to type, so you send a voice note and then I have to type it. Like “please get these 6 things at the store “ or “my address is 1838 west fifth street” or “Yaakov’s number is 878-878-8787”. Then I’m sitting there playing the note multiple times to type out the number.

singleagain

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 8:29 am
amother Seafoam wrote:
Just want to say. This used to irk me to no end. I was always taught to be responsible and it was only proper to return it. But then I went shopping with a baby and realized I gotta choose, keep my baby out longer in the cold and return the cart or just push it to the side.
And btw, sometimes someone may push it to the side and it blows back right into the parking spot

Park next to the cart return. Problem solved.

amother
Bluebell

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 8:33 am
singleagain wrote:
Park next to the cart return. Problem solved.

That spot is rarely available. I personally always try for it. But if it’s freezing or raining and I have two babies with me I’m not going to carry one in each arm back from the return or leave the kids in the car unattended. Lakewood has huge parking lots and you can’t even see the car from the return oftentimes

amother
Bone

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 9:20 am
And I always hope there is a stranded shopping cart around. When you're carrying a heavy baby on your hip, and wrestling anothert kid with your other hand (because a parking lot seems like the best place to run), sometimes the carts are so far!
Page 5 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette