Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Anyone else can’t wear lace bec too hard to figure out
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 7:56 pm
How to get it to lay right?
I’m not the best with my hands… and I have one lace wig that never looks right no matter what I try. I see other people’s looking great, and when I’m sitting in the chair at the sheitel macher mine looks good but at home I cannot figure out how to make it look right!
So I prefer to wear my non lace front wigs, and will most likely not by another lace in the future. I feel like the only one though… am I?

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 8:00 pm
I don’t wear lace cuz I asked a shayla before getting this years shaitels. But I agree that if they aren’t put on right, they look awful…a few years ago when they first came out I saw someone wearing one and it looked like she had an awful skin disease with peeling…

amother
DarkPurple

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 8:04 pm
amother OP wrote:
How to get it to lay right?
I’m not the best with my hands… and I have one lace wig that never looks right no matter what I try. I see other people’s looking great, and when I’m sitting in the chair at the sheitel macher mine looks good but at home I cannot figure out how to make it look right!
So I prefer to wear my non lace front wigs, and will most likely not by another lace in the future. I feel like the only one though… am I?

I have a lace..there is no way for me to put in on wrong. I have ear pieces so they need to be on the side. I have extra lace in the front that is at the top of my forehead and a side part at the side. I put it on no differently then a regular wig.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 8:48 pm
I'm afraid of buying lace for this reason only, I have a hard time with my regular shaitel

cupcake123

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 8:50 pm
Same here. I actually got rid of my lace for this reason.

nelliesmellie

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 8:51 pm
Sounds like your lace is too loose at the front. Do you have a low hairline? Mine had to be tightened a couple of times at the first try on and I was told it will loosen and need to be tightened again faster than usual because it sits so low on my forehead (low hairline)

hodeez

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 8:51 pm
I have no idea how these wigs work. Ive seen videos of women putting them on and they hide the front with foundation? Is that what you have to do every time?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 8:52 pm
amother DarkPurple wrote:
I have a lace..there is no way for me to put in on wrong. I have ear pieces so they need to be on the side. I have extra lace in the front that is at the top of my forehead and a side part at the side. I put it on no differently then a regular wig.

My natural hairs just bunch up under the lace and you can see that… it looks really odd

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 8:53 pm
nelliesmellie wrote:
Sounds like your lace is too loose at the front. Do you have a low hairline? Mine had to be tightened a couple of times at the first try on and I was told it will loosen and need to be tightened again faster than usual because it sits so low on my forehead (low hairline)

Very high hairline. Could be loose… how much does it cost to tighten? Another reason why I doubt I’ll ever get a lace again. So expensive and high maintenance and annoying! Argh

cupcake123

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 8:53 pm
nelliesmellie wrote:

Yes same. But every half a year to tighten plus add baby hairs was too high maintenance for me. But you're probably right.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 8:55 pm
No
I am not good with my hands or Sheitels
However I wear a good lace front sheitel
Done right it is not an issue
I even travel with it thrown into a bag and it is fine B”H
Trick is to get a good piece from a good sheitel macher

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 8:57 pm
amother OP wrote:
My natural hairs just bunch up under the lace and you can see that… it looks really odd

Do you wear a band? It helps keep your hair down underneath

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 8:57 pm
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
No
I am not good with my hands or Sheitels
However I wear a good lace front sheitel
Done right it is not an issue
You travel with it to seed into a bag and it is fine B”H
Trick is to get a good piece from a good sheitel macher

The last part… is an expensive guessing game

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 8:58 pm
amother Powderblue wrote:
Do you wear a band? It helps keep your hair down underneath

No. Band doesn’t fit and also makes the wig slide off.

I have a large cap size. Maybe that’s the problem and maybe lace front isn’t meant for my cap size?

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 8:58 pm
Make sure to wear a wig grip lace band under the wig. Put the wig slightly too up front and then adjust it from there. No need to use foundation every time, people put it on periodically to lighten the part. I don't find it any different than putting on my regular wig and I'm pretty bad with hair in general.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 9:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
No. Band doesn’t fit and also makes the wig slide off.

I have a large cap size. Maybe that’s the problem and maybe lace front isn’t meant for my cap size?

If you're not wearing a band it will be very difficult to keep your own hair back flat, you can try a little hairspray maybe?

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 9:22 pm
What do you mean by saying the band doesn’t fit?

I use this Velcro one with lace all along the front. It really holds the wig in place. Best purchase I’ve made, I wouldn’t be able to wear my lacetop wig without it.

MILANO COLLECTION Lace Wig Grip Band Original Velvet Lace WiGrip Headband Holder for Lace Wigs and Frontals | Reinforced Swiss Lace by HAIRLINE and PART For Seamless Transition, Chocolate Brown, One Size https://a.co/d/f8xt9hd

amother
RosePink

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 9:51 pm
You are likely placing the band on incorrectly. There is a specific way each one lies so it is non slip. If yours is slipping, it's the wrong direction. Also, how does it not fit? They have velcro to make bigger and smaller

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 9:52 pm
amother RosePink wrote:
You are likely placing the band on incorrectly. There is a specific way each one lies so it is non slip. If yours is slipping, it's the wrong direction. Also, how does it not fit? They have velcro to make bigger and smaller

It slides off my head… causing the wig to slide off too…

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 10:07 pm
It all depends upon a good trustworthy sheitel macher who knows what she is doing and will make and get it right for you

Really sounds like yours does not fit right and you should go back to your SM or to whom ever you got it from

They should be able to fix it and make it fit you properly
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels