Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Dd rejected from all seminaries she applied to?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

MindOverMatter

Post Sun, Feb 12 2023, 10:23 pm
amother Bluebonnet wrote:
Oh my. What's going on with Kesser Chaya?

3 girls applied from my daughter's class. I think they're really looking for a certain type this year. The interview was half an hour long! Mostly, I'm guessing, they do not want girls to think that Keser Chaya is not going to expect them to work! They will take girls who don't have all A's . . . But they still need to have an all around good work ethic.

amother
Mimosa

Post Sun, Feb 12 2023, 10:41 pm
amother Poinsettia wrote:
Why do people post unhelpful responses? She wants to go to seminary and doesn’t care that people didn’t go, it’s not relevant.

I would apply to the places the principal suggested because she likely has pull there.

removed

MindOverMatter

Post Sun, Feb 12 2023, 10:54 pm
[quote="amother Mimosa[/quote]

This thread was very clear from the beginning that it was from a concerned mother who wanted support talking to other mothers who are in similar parsha. You do not have to open the thread or participate in the thread if it doesn't fit your bill.
What is absolutely not okay is to make a comment that ridicules. That is bullying.
Nobody spoke of the end of the world. We're supporting other yidden who are experiencing real feelings of worry for their kids. Those feelings are real.

Last edited by MindOverMatter on Sun, Feb 12 2023, 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Feb 12 2023, 10:57 pm
amother Mimosa wrote:

removed

What a disgusting thing to say. Wonder if you had family that actually went through the Holocaust if you can use your words to cheapen it that way. And mock people for caring about things that don’t matter to you.

amother
Mimosa

Post Sun, Feb 12 2023, 10:57 pm
MindOverMatter wrote:
This thread was very clear from the beginning that it was from a concerned mother who wanted support talking to other mothers who are in similar parsha. You absolutely do not have to open the thread or participate in the thread if it doesn't fit your bill.
What is absolutely not okay is to make a comment that ridicules. That is bullying.

I wasn't bullying or ridiculing. I was defending the mother who was was accused of offering an "unhelpful response." It is disturbing to see people SO upset about something that is not earth shattering. It is unhealthy, and for people who are facing MAJOR problems in their life, it is upsetting to read.

amother
Mimosa

Post Sun, Feb 12 2023, 10:59 pm
removed

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sun, Feb 12 2023, 11:01 pm
MindOverMatter wrote:
3 girls applied from my daughter's class. I think they're really looking for a certain type this year. The interview was half an hour long! Mostly, I'm guessing, they do not want girls to think that Keser Chaya is not going to expect them to work! They will take girls who don't have all A's . . . But they still need to have an all around good work ethic.

It all sounds great for my daughter and she applied, but how is this different from their prior years?
My daughter's interview was pretty short. Oy, is that a bad sign?

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sun, Feb 12 2023, 11:04 pm
amother Mimosa wrote:

removed

What in the world?!!

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sun, Feb 12 2023, 11:07 pm
amother Mimosa wrote:

removed

Everyone should be allowed to write about their worries without being compared to bigger issues. This needs to stop already.

MindOverMatter

Post Sun, Feb 12 2023, 11:15 pm
amother Bluebonnet wrote:
It all sounds great for my daughter and she applied, but how is this different from their prior years?
My daughter's interview was pretty short. Oy, is that a bad sign?

Not a bad sign at all! Often has to do with how many girls are lined up to interview at the same time as your daughter.
The difference is, it seems, they're "soft rebranding." Keser Chaya is a great sem with great girls. They do not want to attract girls that think its a free ride with no work! To make sure that comes across, they seem to be emphasizing academics more now then in other years. Still fantastic hashkafic-heavy classes, but maybe a bit more of a workload than in the past.

amother
Raspberry

Post Sun, Feb 12 2023, 11:22 pm
Idk what seminaries you applied to so I'm not sure what hashkafa you're looking for but if it's the more yeshivishe type then I'd look into the newer seminaries like Bnos Shoshana or Shiras Miriam.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sun, Feb 12 2023, 11:25 pm
MindOverMatter wrote:
Not a bad sign at all! Often has to do with how many girls are lined up to interview at the same time as your daughter.
The difference is, it seems, they're "soft rebranding." Keser Chaya is a great sem with great girls. They do not want to attract girls that think its a free ride with no work! To make sure that comes across, they seem to be emphasizing academics more now then in other years. Still fantastic hashkafic-heavy classes, but maybe a bit more of a workload than in the past.

Yes, that's what we heard about it and why my daughter applied. She's definitely a hard worker and isn't looking for a party school, but not BJJ/Bnos Sarah academics, either.
Whatever will be, will be.

MindOverMatter

Post Sun, Feb 12 2023, 11:27 pm
amother Raspberry wrote:
Idk what seminaries you applied to so I'm not sure what hashkafa you're looking for but if it's the more yeshivishe type then I'd look into the newer seminaries like Bnos Shoshana or Shiras Miriam.

What is Shiras Miriam? I love hearing names that I haven't heard of yet! So many great places, ladies.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Mon, Feb 13 2023, 2:09 pm
MindOverMatter wrote:
What is Shiras Miriam? I love hearing names that I haven't heard of yet! So many great places, ladies.

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....52230

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Feb 13 2023, 2:17 pm
amother Mimosa wrote:
Sorry you take it that way.
Yes. I sure did.
I didn't say it didn't matter to me.
It is upsetting for people who are facing life and death issues to read about the panic people feel in these situations.

Maybe YOU should be a little more understanding.

I got rejected from sem and 6 weeks later my 12 year old brother suddenly died.
The sem issue was still very real and painful. (I was accepted soon after.)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 6:16 am
Wow. I came back intending to update and saw all the stuff people wrote mocking me for being concerned about my dd not getting into seminary. Unbelievable. If you only knew the other stuff going on in my life you would shrivel up in shame.

Never mind about updating, I won’t be posting again. What complete nastiness.

amother
Electricblue

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 6:24 am
amother OP wrote:
Wow. I came back intending to update and saw all the stuff people wrote mocking me for being concerned about my dd not getting into seminary. Unbelievable. If you only knew the other stuff going on in my life you would shrivel up in shame.

OP, I'm sorry for the way you were treated. I hope you also saw the many posts defending you and calling out the nasty posts.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 7:41 am
amother OP wrote:

Seems like it was mainly one poster who was critical and most other posters defending your right to be concerned. Definitely continue updating and reaching out.

Sorry about all the stuff going in in your life Hug.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 7:43 am
amother OP wrote:
Help please! My dd has good grades, good middos, and is well liked. We’re a regular Lakewood yeshivish family, and she’s a regular Bais Yaakov girl. She applied to 3 seminaries that are her type, but her principal just called and said none of them are planning to accept her because they have so many applicants this year. Where should my dd apply now, behind the scenes, before letters go out, that will be a good regular seminary with good girls that actually has room for her?

Her principal was shocked they aren’t taking her and had several suggestions, but I wanted to hear what imamothers had to say. We’re happy to apply to several places if it might help.

It's hard because we don't know your daughter and we don't know your choices.
It's good when principals help. They really manage to pull strings. Look into the options. Even brand new seminaries can be a great option if they're being run by someone with experience, have a clear vision, and are accepting really good solid girls who might just not have the highest GPA. Hatzlacha!

OP, sorry, I just saw the date. I'd love to hear your update and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

MindOverMatter

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 11:49 am
amother OP wrote:

Oh no! I keep checking here to see what ended up happening.
We are, literally, 99% on here just like you . . . and REALLY want to know your updates.(and many are in the same parsha) I'm new here and also find the pockets of negativity incredibly confusing.
Come back, bc we're thinking of you and your daughter and continue to send tefillas your way!
But whatever is best and healthiest for you.
Sending warmth, concern and enough genuine love to (hopefully) balance out the shtus!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info