Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Fake Lasagne?

saweetie

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 10:26 am
Can I make the between carpools’ method for fake ziti for lasagne too?

ila

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 10:36 am
I use a lasgna that says no boiling nedeed and prepare as I would if it would be ready and in the end pour half a cup or a little less of water by the sides of the pirex, just make it with a little more sauce than regular, and cover and bake

saweetie

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 10:39 am
ila wrote:
I use a lasgna that says no boiling nedeed and prepare as I would if it would be ready and in the end pour half a cup or a little less of water by the sides of the pirex, just make it with a little more sauce than regular, and cover and bake

But why can’t I use regular lasagna noodles? The baked ziti method is using regular noodles ?

new oldie

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 10:44 am
I never use no boil noodles. For milchig lasagna I don’t even use a recipe. I put a little bit of sauce in the pan, then one layer of noodles. On top of the noodles I put a cottage cheese, egg, spinach if I put it in, garlic powder and onion powder (I make a mixture of one pound of cottage cheese, one egg, about 15 ounces of spinach, drained and sprinkle some garlic powder and onion powder). On top of the cheese sometimes I sprinkle some shredded cheese or you can use American squares. Then put a layer of noodles on top (it’s usually three for one layer in a 9x13. On top of the noodles put some sauce. Repeat for 3-4 layers. In the top layer put tomato sauce and shredded cheese or American. Cover tight with foil and bake at 350 or higher for about an hour, until it’s done. You won’t use more than one jar of sauce.

SwissAlps

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 10:45 am
ila wrote:

I do it this way but with regular lasagna noodles. Never precook the pasta.

saweetie

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 10:55 am
Thanks all! Guna try it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics