Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
My toddler is throwing up all day from antibiotics

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 12:18 pm
I finally finished the cycle but wondering what I should feed him for supper to help an upset stomach that can’t seem to keep anything down

amother
Celeste

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 12:23 pm
nebach poor thing and poor you. I would give pedialyte ices. If it seems he can keep things down, a few pretzels, then if he keeps those down can do toast...
Also, maybe worthwhile to get a good probiotic to help build him back up after what sounds like was a strong antibiotic once he can keep things down

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 12:41 pm
amother Celeste wrote:
nebach poor thing and poor you. I would give pedialyte ices. If it seems he can keep things down, a few pretzels, then if he keeps those down can do toast...
Also, maybe worthwhile to get a good probiotic to help build him back up after what sounds like was a strong antibiotic once he can keep things down

I appreciate the sympathy ❤️‍🩹
Where can I get such ices

tweety1

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 12:43 pm
Florastor kids works amazing. Buy it at any pharmacy. A nurse at my pediatricians office told me about it years ago

amother
Celeste

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 12:57 pm
amother OP wrote:
I appreciate the sympathy ❤️‍🩹
Where can I get such ices

You can usually find them at the pharmacy or walmart. Search pedialyte freezer pops. You can also get regular pedialyte but I find they are much more willing to have the ices. If you are near Jackson nj I actually have a gemach of them.

amother
Springgreen

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 1:02 pm
Maybe he is allergic to the medication. You need to check that out for next time.

amother
Celeste

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 1:05 pm
amother Springgreen wrote:
Maybe he is allergic to the medication. You need to check that out for next time.

true... I was thinking this is unusual. Kids will get loose stomach etc but I think throwing up is unusual. So either allergies or that or it was possibly too strong for them are definitely things that should be looked into.. I just assumed OP did not have a choice which one to give, but definitely important to follow up with pediatrician about that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics