Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Please advise on girls school

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 12:19 pm
I am having difficult time deciding on an appropriate school for my daughter. I am thinking about Masores, B.Y.A, Bnos Yisroel, and BY 18th Ave. I understand that Masores provides an excellent curriculum and has great teachers. However, the values of the general parent body may be somewhat at odds with the values we want to instill in our children. A good education is important to us though and the location is also more convenient than the other schools noted which are both big factors for us. Friends play a big role on factors like clothing labels, vacations, hashkafah, lifestyle, etc. and I would like her to have less of an emphasis on those things. I am not really familiar with B.Y.A, Bnos Yisroel, and BY 18th Ave. Any insights, comparisons, and highlights of each school would be appreciated.

Thank you!

amother
Bellflower

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 12:44 pm
Masores is more at the modern end and 18 av/bnos yisroel are at the more yeshivish end. Bya is prob somewhere in the middle
18 ave and bnos yisroel are harder to get into cuz they only have one class per grade with 30-35 kids per class. Bya and masores you shouldn't have a problem getting in
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics