Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Did you gain weight back on phentermine

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 4:03 pm
I've been trying to lose weight for months unsuccessfully. I eat low calories healthy high protein meals. I don't eat junk food or takeout. I exercise daily. I worked with a health coach. I lost no weight.
Doctor ran every test - thyroid, hormones and other metabolic tests. All came back normal.
My doctor doesn't know why I'm not able to lose weight and suggested phentermine.

PLEASE ONLY ANSWER IF YOU TOOK PHENTERMINE. DO NOT COMMENT IF YOU PERSONALLY DIDN'T TAKE IT.

Did you gain all your weight back after stopping? Would you recommend?

Thanks

amother
Stone

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 4:37 pm
I tried phentermine 2x.

First time, I took it for a week and had to stop because I had some weird symptoms and wasn't sure if it was because of the medication. I had lost 10 pounds and gained it all back.

Second time, I took it for 2 weeks and stopped because it was making me go bonkers. I was jittery, jumpy, shaky and distracted. My heart was always racing. So I stopped. I hadn't lost any weight this time.

I recommend Mounjaro or Wegovy. I have taken both successfully.

amother
Outerspace

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 6:33 pm
I took ozempic and Mounjaro with no real weight loss. I wasn't hungry but I didn't loose weight. My metabolism has just stopped. My doctor gave me Phentermine and a thyroid medicine. I am not sure yet if it is working for weight loss. But it has helped my energy and focus.

amother
Lotus

Post Sat, Feb 18 2023, 9:06 pm
I was very thin in high school and gained about 30 pounds my first year of college. Took phentermine a few months and lost it all. Been thin ever since. This was almost 20 years ago now.

amother
Trillium

Post Sat, Feb 18 2023, 9:09 pm
amother Stone wrote:
I tried phentermine 2x.

First time, I took it for a week and had to stop because I had some weird symptoms and wasn't sure if it was because of the medication. I had lost 10 pounds and gained it all back.

Am I reading this right? You lost ten pounds in one week?

amother
Amethyst

Post Sat, Feb 18 2023, 9:13 pm
amother Trillium wrote:

I've never taken this drug but why is this hard to believe?
I've lost 10 pounds during the first week of weight loss just by following a very strict food plan.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sat, Feb 18 2023, 9:26 pm
My two brothers took it and they both stopped as soon as they reached the correct dosage because like any stimulant it makes you have all those jittery and heart racing side effects.

They are both back to the same weight than before they started.

I wanted to try it but I was on Wellbutrin before and I loved the appetite suppressing part of it but it caused me to have high blood pressure so I had to get off.

I am afraid Phentermine will cause the same.

amother
Stone

Post Sat, Feb 18 2023, 9:38 pm
amother Trillium wrote:

When you start off weighing over 300 pounds, 10 is a drop in the bucket.

amother
Lime

Post Sat, Feb 18 2023, 11:51 pm
I took phentermine few times over the years. I would take half dose or one every second day because it made me so awake and jittery but I did lose weight. It was also a great way to go on very little sleep if you had lots of schoolwork or a baby. But like everything out there, other than changing your eating habits. Of course you gain it back!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 3:56 am
OP here. So I have been taking it the last 2 weeks and lost 8 pounds. I only take half the dose or it's to hard to sleep.

It does affect blood pressure, which is why it's only safe to take for 3 months.

My doctor was adamant that I don't take it without lifestyle changes.

I eat very healthy and have been eating healthy for a long time. I wasn't losing weight no matter what I tried before this.

I know it's risky to gain it back but I figure I am not worse off than now. There's a chance I can keep it off. If not I'll be back to where I started, but either way I'm not going to get skinnier without it. I have tried everything and changed my lifestyle to exercising daily and cooking healthy meals and nothing worked.

The motivation to stay on this course will improve drastically after I lose the first 20-30 pounds from being on phentermine. I believe that looking and feeling better from losing that weight will keep me inspired to continue my weight loss journey after I get off.

If I remember I'll try to update a few months after I finish taking it to let you know if I kept the weight off

mom of many kih

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 8:40 am
amother OP wrote:
OP here. So I have been taking it the last 2 weeks and lost 8 pounds. I only take half the dose or it's to hard to sleep.

It does affect blood pressure, which is why it's only safe to take for 3 months.

My doctor was adamant that I don't take it without lifestyle changes.

I eat very healthy and have been eating healthy for a long time. I wasn't losing weight no matter what I tried before this.

I know it's risky to gain it back but I figure I am not worse off than now. There's a chance I can keep it off. If not I'll be back to where I started, but either way I'm not going to get skinnier without it. I have tried everything and changed my lifestyle to exercising daily and cooking healthy meals and nothing worked.

The motivation to stay on this course will improve drastically after I lose the first 20-30 pounds from being on phentermine. I believe that looking and feeling better from losing that weight will keep me inspired to continue my weight loss journey after I get off.

If I remember I'll try to update a few months after I finish taking it to let you know if I kept the weight off

What dose are you taking?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 16 2023, 8:53 am
mom of many kih wrote:
What dose are you taking?

I took 37.5 for a few days but couldn't sleep all night. I take half the amount now and cut the tablets in half.

It's been amazing!! I am doing this simultaneously with the fast metabolism diet so I'm eating only natural foods and the weight is coming off so so so easily for the first time in my life!!

I always ate healthy and exercised and never had this before. I'm so happy

amother
Almond

Post Tue, Apr 18 2023, 1:55 pm
My dr recommended I try this now. Is it only supposed to be taken for 3 months? How are you doing now?

amother
Canary

Post Tue, Apr 18 2023, 2:30 pm
I lost about 10 pounds on phentermine and kept it off

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 10:49 am
I lost over 30 pounds in 2 months
but since then I didn't loose anything
im eating the same, its just not working anymore
its 2 weeks and nothing
should I stop taking it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise