Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Anyone up for a shopping challenge?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 12:55 am
I need new lightweight/summery shirts. I can’t spend much, so I want to get from cheaper sites like shein. The problem is those clothes are often cheap looking and you have to sift through them and find the good ones, but I don’t have a knack for it. Anyone want to help me out and post some links of things that seem to fit nicely and not cheaply? For an XL, never lost her baby weight woman:)

amother
Lightgray

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 2:30 am
I dont have specific links but I find shopping for long sleeve high neck shirts is the easiest at the end of the winter/spring season, so good for you for looking now! For that size (were in the same boat with the baby weight Wink) I find old navy and H&M can have a good selection. Also old navy always has sales! Sometimes Amazon can have good basics too. One season I also had luck with Loft (random I know) but I haven't looked recently. Good luck!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 2:33 am
Thank you. I’m nursing so I’m not an easy size on top, and I don’t wear tight shirts in general, so I usually have a hard time. I’ll look at those stores you mentioned but happy for cheap links from anyone!

amother
Outerspace

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 3:40 am
Just beware that most tshirts from shein are not cotton so willl be super sweaty in summer. Why don’t you look at last seasons sale on Jewish sites?
I can try to search for you. What’s considered cheap, 10$ or 30$ per shirt?

amother
DarkCyan

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 3:45 am
I'm not op but does anyone have links for a knee length black stretchy skirt please?
I have one now but it's faded and fit for the bin. I wear it a couple of times a week.
Tia

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 9:59 am
amother Outerspace wrote:
Just beware that most tshirts from shein are not cotton so willl be super sweaty in summer. Why don’t you look at last seasons sale on Jewish sites?
I can try to search for you. What’s considered cheap, 10$ or 30$ per shirt?

The problem is that sale items aren’t returnable usually and I’m a hard fit. I’m happy to spend either of the amounts you posted, but if it doesn’t fit well I don’t want to waste the money.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 10:05 am
Just was a warning Shein tops are polyester and they make you sweat and smell. Not lightweight at all.

mamaleh

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 10:29 am
OP, do you want prints/designs or would you be ok with solid colors?

amother
Cappuccino

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 10:31 am
papaya amother- thank you! the last link is supposedly no longer available. if you have any other ideas

amother
Charcoal

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 10:57 am
I personally bought this it’s soft and comfortable From shein https://api-shein.shein.com/h5.....5616.

amother
Charcoal

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 11:10 am
Zip Front Rib-knit Tee
I discovered amazing products on SHEIN.com, come check them out!
https://api-shein.shein.com/h5.....69472

seeker

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 12:43 pm
I know it's annoying but I had the best luck in that category at Marshall's and Burlington. You do need to go in person but then you can see right away what's working with none of the online guesswork.

amother
Peony

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 12:56 pm
Do you wear a shell under these types of tshirts?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 1:31 pm
Thank you all. For some reason the shein links aren’t opening on my phone, I’ll have to look them up on my computer later. And yes, makes sense that I’d need breathable ones.
Thank you for the other links, but a lot of them are very casual/t shirt type. I don’t need fancy things but I teach so I need to look relatively out together and a lot are the type I’d wear at home with my black slinky skirt but not the type I’d wear in school.
Keep the ideas coming!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics