Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Chaim Medical and Refuah Helpline

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 09 2023, 7:17 pm
Have people had firsthand assistance from them - if so, if could elaborate.
What are the differences between these organizations or are they basically doing the same thing?
If the same, has anyone's experience been that one is better than the other at specific things.

In regards to case management, looks like chai lifeline also offers this...Are there other such organizations that haven't heard of yet?

If can share.

Thanks

amother
Trillium

Post Thu, Feb 09 2023, 10:21 pm
Chaim medical and refuah helpline do the same thing - basically medical referrals. Their offices are set up differently but the goal is the same. They refer you to drs. I've used both and both their referrals are ok - sometimes great, sometimes so so.

If you already made an appointment with a Dr, chaim medical is usually able to get you an earlier date easier than refuah.

Chai lifeline does case mgmt meaning your case manager will discuss with you what the child's needs are and will then decide whether you should receive transportation, food, programs for siblings, volunteers to entertain your child.....

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 11 2023, 4:51 pm
Thank you!

amother
Plum

Post Sat, Feb 11 2023, 5:00 pm
I only have experience with Refuah Helpline. They helped us transfer to a better hospital and found us a Dr to take on our case. We had a very positive experience with them.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Sat, Feb 11 2023, 5:03 pm
amother Trillium wrote:
Chaim medical and refuah helpline do the same thing - basically medical referrals. Their offices are set up differently but the goal is the same. They refer you to drs. I've used both and both their referrals are ok - sometimes great, sometimes so so.

If you already made an appointment with a Dr, chaim medical is usually able to get you an earlier date easier than refuah.

Chai lifeline does case mgmt meaning your case manager will discuss with you what the child's needs are and will then decide whether you should receive transportation, food, programs for siblings, volunteers to entertain your child.....

I think Chana Briendel is better with getting things moving when needing a transport from a hospital or getting a cancer patient's care rolling.

Personal experience with her.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sat, Feb 11 2023, 5:09 pm
I had very good experience with both. When my mother was very sick with cancer, Refuah Helpline was very involved and had her scans sent to numerous drs to see who would still be willing to accept her case etc. Ultimately we did not end up transferring hospitals. Doctors since the risk of transfer was too great. However Refuah was very helpful.

With Chaim Medical I had a great experience when my daughter was diagnosed with epilepsy recently. They referred us to a great neurologist BH.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sat, Feb 11 2023, 5:19 pm
Chai lifeline is great for providing services. The others are great for medical referral.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 11 2023, 6:18 pm
Thanks all
Chana Breindel is which one?

Einikel

Post Sat, Feb 11 2023, 6:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks all
Chana Breindel is which one?

Refuah

amother
Trillium

Post Sat, Feb 11 2023, 6:37 pm
Chana breindel landau is the head of refuah helpline. Shevy kahan is the head of chaim medical.

You should be aware that both have a large staff and you'll be dealing with the staff. The heads step in when there's a dire emergency...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 14 2023, 5:08 pm
Thanks for anyone who replied with info. Mi Kamcha Yisroel that such organizations even exist in our communities. Should have besuros tovos and yeshuos for all cholei yisroel

amother
NeonPink

Post Tue, Feb 14 2023, 5:16 pm
Isn’t there another Refuah?

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Feb 14 2023, 5:36 pm
In my case, refuah told me that because my case isn't an emergency they can't rush things. We were dealing with a Mt Sinai dr. Dh ended up talking to rabbi Hager and he got my appointment scheduled in 1.5 minutes literally. It wasn't an emergency per se but it was very important. The patient in question was an unborn so technically it wasn't an emergency but the fear of the unknown.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 14 2023, 5:42 pm
Who is Rabbi Hager - is that a separate org or was he from Chaim Medical?

If its a situation where people are looking into options and ideas or leads to pursue to figure out things medically (vs. where there is a specific diagnosis already made or they need a specific procedure done etc..) would both organizations be helpful or if someone already asked for input from Chaim Medical than Refuah Helpline wouldn't really want to get involved and vice versa.

Again - not talking about trying to push a specific provider for earlier access or appt but when in the research stage.

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Feb 14 2023, 5:44 pm
amother OP wrote:

If its a situation where people are looking into options and ideas or leads to pursue to figure out things medically (vs. where there is a specific diagnosis already made or they need a specific procedure done etc..) would both organizations be helpful or if someone already asked for input from Chaim Medical than Refuah Helpline wouldn't really want to get involved and vice versa.

Again - not talking about trying to push a specific provider for earlier access or appt but when in the research stage.

I was dealing with both and let them know I'm dealing with both. Rabbi Hager is the lasion in Mt. Sinai. He's a tzadik. He's helped us another time since, when I was dealing with a breast lump scare.

amother
Sunflower

Post Tue, Feb 14 2023, 5:45 pm
amother OP wrote:

R' Lazer Hager is separate, works as an individual as a patient liason with certain hospitals and does some referals, getting quick appointments, etc.

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Feb 14 2023, 5:47 pm
amother Sunflower wrote:
R' Lazer Hager is separate, works as an individual as a patient liason with certain hospitals and does some referals, getting quick appointments, etc.

I pretty sure he's only in Mt. Sinai

amother
Canary

Post Tue, Feb 14 2023, 5:48 pm
amother NeonPink wrote:
Isn’t there another Refuah?

Yes. Refuah resources rabbi shuki Berman
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics