Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Sad letter from a 9 y/o girl

Orangehead

Post Wed, Feb 15 2023, 3:47 pm
There is a letter written by a 9y/o girl about nobody wants her in their school and writes her feelings about it..
"...I feel bored & tired and sometimes I even feel angry and sad. . ."

does anyone know the backstory?
I find it hard to believe that no school would accept her and her sister.

Also, everyone blames the schools. Do we blame the babysitters when there is no more space? Do you we blame the stores when they run out a certain item you wanted?

Lakewood's infostructure is busted at the seams.

amother
Honey

Post Wed, Feb 15 2023, 3:48 pm
She was in a school that closed but reopened under new management and a new name. Not sure why she isn’t in that school.

Orangehead

Post Wed, Feb 15 2023, 3:51 pm
I was speaking to a mother the other day and she told me that she still does not have a morah for her 4 y/o for next year. I started trying to help her, giving her ideas..
It came out, she has a morah, just does not like the location.
so she does have a morah but...

amother
Fern

Post Wed, Feb 15 2023, 4:57 pm
amother Honey wrote:
She was in a school that closed but reopened under new management and a new name. Not sure why she isn’t in that school.

I know them personally, she was in a school that was not the right place for her, it's a very good school for the right people, yes there's a very big need for a school like that in Lakewood and they are doing amazing things for the people that are there but it's a school where almost every girl in fourth grade has her own tablet or phone and most are from much more modern homes. They are not being picky at all with what school they get in to , they just want their girls ( there's also a seventh grader) to be in school like everyone else

amother
Sunflower

Post Wed, Feb 15 2023, 5:08 pm
Orangehead wrote:
I was speaking to a mother the other day and she told me that she still does not have a morah for her 4 y/o for next year. I started trying to help her, giving her ideas..
It came out, she has a morah, just does not like the location.
so she does have a morah but...

I am sending to a morah not in a convenient location, but with Lakewood traffic and managing all you other kid’s schedules it can be a problem.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Feb 15 2023, 5:12 pm
amother Honey wrote:

If you really knew what this school is like (I do), you wouldn’t consider it an option.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Feb 15 2023, 5:14 pm
So so sad that a jewish girl doesn't have an appropriate school to go to. Lakewood really needs to figure out their schooling situation

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Feb 15 2023, 5:15 pm
amother Fern wrote:
I know them personally, she was in a school that was not the right place for her, it's a very good school for the right people, yes there's a very big need for a school like that in Lakewood and they are doing amazing things for the people that are there but it's a school where almost every girl in fourth grade has her own tablet or phone and most are from much more modern homes. They are not being picky at all with what school they get in to , they just want their girls ( there's also a seventh grader) to be in school like everyone else

Did it change to this after a new management came?
These sisters aren't in school since this past September? Sad

amother
Fern

Post Wed, Feb 15 2023, 5:31 pm
amother Olive wrote:
Did it change to this after a new management came?
These sisters aren't in school since this past September? Sad

They tried for 2 years already to get into different schools unsuccessfully. They kept them in that school up until this past year. They tried all summer to get them into somewhere else and really didn't think it would take this long. There are only 3 girls in the 7th grade of that school. Yes they are home since September

amother
Molasses

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 9:26 pm
Orangehead wrote:
There is a letter written by a 9y/o girl about nobody wants her in their school and writes her feelings about it..
"...I feel bored & tired and sometimes I even feel angry and sad. . ."

does anyone know the backstory?
I find it hard to believe that no school would accept her and her sister.

Also, everyone blames the schools. Do we blame the babysitters when there is no more space? Do you we blame the stores when they run out a certain item you wanted?

Lakewood's infostructure is busted at the seams.

Where was this letter written? I know one.of the families in the school. A very fine family. I don't know why the parents insist on keeping the kids in the school. I feel it's not fare for the kids. They are better than that. I just think the parents don't want to be In this situation. Funny part is I know one of another family that was the perfect fit for this school and managed to get In somewhere else.

If your not lakewood school first choice and you don't degrade yourself on your hands and knees you end up in this place.

Side note I always wish school's would take families that are looking to grow. Over families with money. Some of these families end up giving schools such a hard time. But everyone bottom to top looks the other way when their hands are tied with dollar bills

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 10:35 pm
amother Fern wrote:
They tried for 2 years already to get into different schools unsuccessfully. They kept them in that school up until this past year. They tried all summer to get them into somewhere else and really didn't think it would take this long. There are only 3 girls in the 7th grade of that school. Yes they are home since September

So sad. Where was the Vaad? Quiet cause theoretically they had a school?

amother
Honey

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 10:36 pm
amother Olive wrote:
So sad. Where was the Vaad? Quiet cause theoretically they had a school?

The vaad doesn’t help with switching schools. They only help with primary and 9th grade.

amother
Offwhite

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 10:40 pm
amother Fern wrote:

They actually had a school but refused to send their dds there? Better to sit home alone?

amother
Lightblue

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 11:09 pm
I grew up in Lakewood and attended a Lakewood school. Then my family moved out of town and my younger sisters attended a school that was a real mix. Lots of girls had their own tablets and smartphones, watched tv etc. I turned out ok but so did my sisters.

This is not a public school. It’s a frum school with frum teachers and a frum curriculum, and frum classmates. If more yeshivish or chassidish families would send it would be a more ideal class makeup. Even so. To act like this school is off the table the same way public school is, is something I don’t understand.

It’s not true that no school wanted this girl. This school does.

When people point to other communities and say, Lakewood needs to place every girl like they do, well in those communities would they insist this type of school is off the table? No, they wouldn’t. Often it’s the only option.

amother
Obsidian

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 11:24 pm
amother Lightblue wrote:
I grew up in Lakewood and attended a Lakewood school. Then my family moved out of town and my younger sisters attended a school that was a real mix. Lots of girls had their own tablets and smartphones, watched tv etc. I turned out ok but so did my sisters.

This is not a public school. It’s a frum school with frum teachers and a frum curriculum, and frum classmates. If more yeshivish or chassidish families would send it would be a more ideal class makeup. Even so. To act like this school is off the table the same way public school is, is something I don’t understand.

When people point to other communities and say, Lakewood needs to place every girl like they do, well in those communities would they insist this type of school is off the table? No, they wouldn’t. Often it’s the only option.

Love your post. I’m familiar with the school - they have so much potential. The principal is a doll.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 10:59 am
amother Offwhite wrote:
They actually had a school but refused to send their dds there? Better to sit home alone?

And better to stay in Lakewood at this point at all? Or not to bus to Deal or another school farther away? People do it. Something is wrong here, and it's not just the city or the schools there. Don't be stubborn and make your kid sit at home and feel these feelings. It's a real trauma. The parents can fix this problem for their kid. She's the korban here and it's not necessary.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 11:11 am
If a 7th grader's only option is to go to a school where there are only 3 other 7th graders....while the rest of Lakewood attends school with classrooms of 25+ girls minimum....she is being deprived of the full school experience, and I tend to agree with the parents and say that is not a school.
(can't be compared to living OOT where that's the only option)

Chayalle

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 11:12 am
amother Lightblue wrote:

Yes, IF. If more families send, it would be more ideal. When that happens there's something to discuss. Until then, saying this girl has a school is a farce.

amother
Sunflower

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 11:15 am
Chayalle wrote:
If a 7th grader's only option is to go to a school where there are only 3 other 7th graders....while the rest of Lakewood attends school with classrooms of 25+ girls minimum....she is being deprived of the full school experience, and I tend to agree with the parents and say that is not a school.
(can't be compared to living OOT where that's the only option)

100% agree with this!!

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 1:23 pm
amother Lightblue wrote:

It’s more complicated than this. You clearly are not in the know, and that’s ok, but please check your judgment.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries