Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Do u contribute to class MM and give your own?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 1:55 pm
Here is my dilemma. The PTA in my son's school collects money to give MM to each rebbi/teacher. I never contributed in the past, because I always gave my own. This year I want to contribute for 2 reasons-it's cheaper, and it saves me the headache of putting something nice together.
But I'm confused if most parents give to the PTA MM and also give their own. In past years, my son always came home the day before purim talking about how so many kids bought MM for rebbi/teacher. So I'm must wondering-doe no one contribute to the PTA MM? Or do they do both?

amother
DarkRed

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 1:56 pm
I only do pta collection. Never occurred to me to give teachers. I didn’t give my teachers when I was a kid

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 1:58 pm
Pta super easy

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 2:02 pm
amother Oak wrote:
Pta super easy

Right, I would love to do pta. but I don't want my son being the only one not bringing in something for his.l teachers. He's the type that would realize and feel bad.
Also I have a family member who is a teacher in the school who gets tons of individual MM from students. So I'm really wondering if anyone contributes to PTA, or if they just give twice!
Also I'm not tipping this year due to finances, but just wondering how it works with tipping if you contributed to pta

amother
Nasturtium

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 2:29 pm
I do my own. I do something simple, grape juice and chocolate, but I do give a small check. If my kid wants to go to their teacher on purim I would feel strange just giving nothing or an envelope.

amother
Aster

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 2:36 pm
Can you ask any other parents in the class? We have a mix in my kids classes. Most all join the class MM, and some will do individual as well, like a nice note with a bar of chocolate or something small but not major.
The school sometimes sends out times when the teachers are available and the kids love to visit, but I feel like you can't go empty handed.

justforfun87

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 2:48 pm
Well I give to the PTA for the schools that ask but often times the teachers send home a letter with "open hours" and then the kid wants to give in person so they can get a small treat.

watergirl

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 2:50 pm
I do, and to be honest it really annoys me when parents give to the class gift and on the side as well IF the class gift is meant to replace individual gifts. If it's either/and/or, then fine, but if the idea is to give this way and NOT on your own, then please just follow the system and not make the rest of us look bad.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics