Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Babysitters and internet in your house
Previous  1  2

chaylizi

Post Thu, Jun 19 2008, 2:53 pm
I don't let them especially if they are still in school as both high schools here forbid use of the internet for their students.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Jun 19 2008, 3:08 pm
I turn my computer off whenever I have a babysitter, be it a girl or married -I dont need them poking into MY history either! I do provide them with a dvd player and kosher dvds though, so theyre not bored.

abismommy

Post Thu, Jun 19 2008, 3:35 pm
I have had a mother ask me if I had the internet and that if I did, her daughter was not allowed to babysit. and this is a fine, eidel, well-respected family...of mechanchim, that have seen what happens when the curiosity of an innocent child (after all, they are still children, even at 16, 17 or 18) gets the better of them, and that's not something they want to expose their children to.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 19 2008, 3:51 pm
When I was a teenager I once babysat by a family and one of the kids there had his own dvd that he was watching on the family computer in the living room. I happened to have a dvd in my bag so when the kids fell asleep I didnt think it would be a big deal if I watched it on their computer. (It was rated PG). When the parents came home and saw me watching my dvd on their computer they were furious! That was the first and last time I babysat for them.

Raisin

Post Thu, Jun 19 2008, 5:57 pm
I don't think you need to worry that your babysitters will be bored. I always used to bring books or homework with.

shoppingmom

Post Thu, Jul 03 2008, 1:35 am
My friend called a high school girl to babysit she said she needs 3 things: 1)phone (ok) 2) nosh (huh?) and 3) a computer! Hello?? What kind of world do we live in?

Zus

Post Thu, Jul 03 2008, 2:41 am
I don't think that it's my responsibility at all! I allow my teenage babysitters access to my computer and the internet, they usually ask if they can use it. And I don't check their tracks, it's none of my business! As long as they only use the computer after the kids are in bed, I don't mind. I am not their parents, I won't tell them what they can or cannot do in that regard.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics