Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Out of town communities

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 8:40 pm
Cleveland
AND
Houston

We are really interested in both of these places and are hearing so much good things! If you live or know anyone who lives in either of these places, can you please provide me with some information?
Is the tuition expensive? Is the community growing? Is it warm? How is the real estate- affordable?
And lastly, are the kollels serouis and high leveled in these communities? I am totally open for other community suggestions. Thank you so so much!

amother
Lightcyan

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 8:47 pm
Houston -
A beautiful, warm, vibrant and growing community

The school has grown too fast and they are not managing too well with finding teachers or administrators to really run it well, but it sounds like this is the case in many schools nowadays. Tuition is high but they give generous scholarships. The real clincher is that Special ed services are basically non existent. If your child is struggling even an iota be ready to pay out of pocket for tutoring and therapy.

Housing - affordability doesn't really come into account right now. Within the main frum community I don't think there has been even one house up for sale in the past 4 months. A new development is being built but it is taking years and who knows what will be at that point

There is a Lakewood kollel that has really been the catalyst for the exponential growth of the community over the past few years. I know nothing about the level of learning, but the couples that have moved in over the years are all amazing and so special and almost all of them have stayed put even once their commitment to the kollel has been met

amother
Daisy

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 8:48 pm
I have posted a lot on previous Cleveland threads. There are a bunch from within the last year or so that are still accurate. I would search Cleveland and look at those!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 8:50 pm
amother Lightcyan wrote:
Houston -

The school has grown too fast and they are not managing too well with finding teachers or administrators to really run it well, but it sounds like this is the case in many schools nowadays. Special ed services are basically non existent. If your child is struggling even an iota be ready to pay out of pocket for tutoring and therapy.

Housing - affordability doesn't really come into account right now. Within the main frum community I don't think there has been even one house up for sale in the past 4 months. A new development is being built but it is taking years and who knows what will be at that point

Oh wow! Thanks! Is there neighboring neighborhoods were frum jews could move in? They are building a frum development?
Is the tuition expensive? And do you know anything about the kollel?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 8:51 pm
amother Daisy wrote:
I have posted a lot on previous Cleveland threads. There are a bunch from within the last year or so that are still accurate. I would search Cleveland and look at those!

Perfect, will do!

amother
Lightcyan

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 8:51 pm
Quote:
Oh wow! Thanks! Is there neighboring neighborhoods were frum jews could move in? They are building a frum development?
Is the tuition expensive? And do you know anything about the kollel?

I edited my original post to add more info

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 8:55 pm
amother Lightcyan wrote:
Houston -

The school has grown too fast and they are not managing too well with finding teachers or administrators to really run it well, but it sounds like this is the case in many schools nowadays. Tuition is high but they give generous scholarships. The real clincher is that Special ed services are basically non existent. If your child is struggling even an iota be ready to pay out of pocket for tutoring and therapy.

There is a Lakewood kollel that has really been the catalyst for the exponential growth of the community over the past few years. I know nothing about the level of learning, but the couples that have moved in over the years are all amazing and so special and almost all of them have stayed put even once their commitment to the kollel has been met

Just what I wanted to hear! Thank you so so much!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating