Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> UK and Europe Related Inquiries
How was your half term?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 17 2023, 5:13 am
My whole body aches.
Can’t wait till Monday.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Feb 17 2023, 6:51 am
I send to a chassidish school so there was no half term. Must be hard having the kids home for a week and then they will have off again for Purim and pesach

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 17 2023, 7:01 am
amother Silver wrote:
I send to a chassidish school so there was no half term. Must be hard having the kids home for a week and then they will have off again for Purim and pesach

Not even for the girls?

Yes, it’s really difficult. I work from home. But they want to be entertained and fed all day. Don’t blame them.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Feb 17 2023, 7:13 am
amother OP wrote:
Not even for the girls?

Yes, it’s really difficult. I work from home. But they want to be entertained and fed all day. Don’t blame them.

No, girls did not have off. The chassish schools that had half term only had Monday off.

amother
Sand

Post Fri, Feb 17 2023, 7:52 am
Aww I know exactly how it feels.
In Mcr we had a long weekend, cant imagine a whole week.

Its challenging to say the least.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 17 2023, 8:00 am
amother Silver wrote:
No, girls did not have off. The chassish schools that had half term only had Monday off.

Wow. Maybe I should move to SH!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 17 2023, 8:02 am
amother Sand wrote:
Aww I know exactly how it feels.
In Mcr we had a long weekend, cant imagine a whole week.

Its challenging to say the least.

I don’t understand the schools here. The kids do not need a whole week off, they just had 2 weeks for winter break. Many kids went away in Dec and then again this week. My son kept asking me when we were going on the plane for the holiday (for the record he’s 6!).

No darling, in our family we do not go away in February to ski. Sorry child.

DreamerForever

Post Fri, Feb 17 2023, 8:48 am
amother OP wrote:
I don’t understand the schools here. The kids do not need a whole week off, they just had 2 weeks for winter break. Many kids went away in Dec and then again this week. My son kept asking me when we were going on the plane for the holiday (for the record he’s 6!).

No darling, in our family we do not go away in February to ski. Sorry child.

Totally Op. All this time off is insane! The kids don't need or want the time off-- esp. the under 8s. If teachers need a break, they should bring in substitutes. I only had one day of half term 'cos I'm in SH, and even that can be too much after the whole weekend off...

I feel you. Hope your kids are semi normal over shabbos!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 17 2023, 8:55 am
DreamerForever wrote:
Totally Op. All this time off is insane! The kids don't need or want the time off-- esp. the under 8s. If teachers need a break, they should bring in substitutes. I only had one day of half term 'cos I'm in SH, and even that can be too much after the whole weekend off...

I feel you. Hope your kids are semi normal over shabbos!

Thank you ❤️
They are still young so the whole on and off schedule is hard on them. They become wild without schedule and I begun to doubt my sanity and ability to be a mother.

amother
Quince

Post Fri, Feb 17 2023, 8:58 am
I feel bad for all of you who wish there was no half term.
I love having my children home from school for a few days. why have children if they are just a nuisance to you when they are home?
next holiday, try and take time to enjoy them . avoid leaving housework for when they are home if possible.
how on earth do you cope with summer holidays if you are complaining about just a short half term. ? im confused.
sorry if im coming across as being sharp. I just cant understand this mentality. sorry

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 17 2023, 9:16 am
amother Quince wrote:
I love having my children home from school for a few days. why have children if they are just a nuisance to you when they are home?
next holiday, try and take time to enjoy them . avoid leaving housework for when they are home if possible.
how on earth do you cope with summer holidays if you are complaining about just a short half term. ? im confused.
sorry if im coming across as being sharp. I just cant understand this mentality. sorry

Really no comment.

amother
Sand

Post Fri, Feb 17 2023, 9:44 am
amother Quince wrote:

How old are your kids?

Do you work?

Sorry I dont agree with you at all.

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Feb 17 2023, 9:52 am
amother Quince wrote:

They were just off for winter holidays! It's hard having them home so much, especially when mothers need to work as usual still.

DreamerForever

Post Fri, Feb 17 2023, 10:55 am
amother Quince wrote:

This is not about kids being a nuisance.

Do you know other people's lives? Their histories? their natures, and kids' natures? Perhaps sholom bayis, and pregnancies too?

I would suggest that you bow out of this thread politely if you don't understand.

amother
Geranium

Post Sat, Feb 18 2023, 3:07 pm
amother Quince wrote:

How old are your kids? I have relatively young kids who can't entertain themselves and get bored and fight easily. My life doesn't stop because my kids are home and I have to try and balance working from home with entertaining them. The weather is terrible for the kids being able to play outside in the yard and I have no desire to sit in a cold, wet and windy park to let them runaround.
And when do you expect me to do my housework? I'm barely home when my kids aren't on a regular day. We live day to day in survival mode.

amother
Viola

Post Sat, Feb 18 2023, 3:18 pm
amother Quince wrote:

So you expect her to put all housework on hold until they go back to school? Like seriously?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 18 2023, 3:20 pm
amother Geranium wrote:
How old are your kids? I have relatively young kids who can't entertain themselves and get bored and fight easily. My life doesn't stop because my kids are home and I have to try and balance working from home with entertaining them. The weather is terrible for the kids being able to play outside in the yard and I have no desire to sit in a cold, wet and windy park to let them runaround.
And when do you expect me to do my housework? I'm barely home when my kids aren't on a regular day. We live day to day in survival mode.

This my life.

I’m happy to see I’m not the only one who felt this way. To poster who said I shouldn’t have kids really happy she’s the perfect mum. Kudos.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 18 2023, 3:31 pm
Delete. Never mind.

bebrave

Post Sat, Feb 18 2023, 5:14 pm
Oh no op that sounds so hard!!! You didnt need to elaborate with all those reasons you posted, we all know half term is hard!! I think that some people are very very idealistic about having kids home but they will never actually admit it's hard. Like it's below them
Trying to understand... Otherwise can't understand that poster for what she said cus everyone struggles with so many days off!

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 18 2023, 5:50 pm
bebrave wrote:
Oh no op that sounds so hard!!! You didnt need to elaborate with all those reasons you posted, we all know half term is hard!! I think that some people are very very idealistic about having kids home but they will never actually admit it's hard. Like it's below them
Trying to understand... Otherwise can't understand that poster for what she said cus everyone struggles with so many days off!

Thanks. I deleted. I was just triggered but I feel better now. Not going to let her bother me.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> UK and Europe Related Inquiries