Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Professional hair and makeup prices

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 17 2023, 1:10 pm
Does anyone know the approximate going rate for “top” insta famous hair and makeup artists for weddings? Would love to get an idea before I start reaching out to artists.

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Feb 17 2023, 2:14 pm
Makeup between 1500-2k for 4 faces usually including travel with an extra fee for additional faces and staying after chuppah.

Hair, 1800-2500 not sure how many heads I think 5. Some include staying till after chuppah, some have extra fee.

amother
DarkGray

Post Fri, Feb 17 2023, 2:17 pm
OP,

You know there are so many talented ladies who are not Insta-famous and charge 1/4 of the price of the above. I think someone should start a spin-off and give these well- deserved ladies parnasa

amother
Sand

Post Fri, Feb 17 2023, 2:18 pm
amother DarkGray wrote:
OP,

You know there are so many talented ladies who are not Insta-famous and charge 1/4 of the price of the above. I think someone should start a spin-off and give these well- deserved ladies parnasa

yes please do! id love to save their info.
maybe we can post location as well?

I cant believe the prices they charge. ridiculous

amother
Dahlia

Post Fri, Feb 17 2023, 3:24 pm
amother Brunette wrote:
Makeup between 1500-2k for 4 faces usually including travel with an extra fee for additional faces and staying after chuppah.

Hair, 1800-2500 not sure how many heads I think 5. Some include staying till after chuppah, some have extra fee.

Someone I know used one of the "top" makeup artists- cost 5k for 4 faces (including the bride). And I don't believe that included travel. And honestly, I honestly don't think it was worth the money. Makeup looked beautiful but nothing outstanding IMHO.

mushkamothers

Post Fri, Feb 17 2023, 3:25 pm
This is super location dependent. Like difference in between neighboring communities. Flatbush is not the same as 5 towns, crown heights or Boro Park.

bsy

Post Fri, Feb 17 2023, 3:53 pm
Shout out to Esther Levy who does a fantastic job on makeup and is so so reasonable and a pleasure to have

amother
Scarlet

Post Sat, Feb 18 2023, 6:37 pm
Are these prices for real? I live in the UK. The most expensive MUA I've come across was under £100 a face. And she's considered 'top' and most expensive around. Other amazing ones charge £65/£75.

For a wedding in Manchester, we brought in someone 'top' from London for Hair and Makeup and we paid her a fraction of the above prices and that included her travel fee (4 hours each way)

amother
Brunette

Post Sat, Feb 18 2023, 8:37 pm
amother DarkGray wrote:
OP,

Definitely agree! Op asked specifically about the popular ones, but there are many many great ones for cheaper if she is interested

amother
Dill

Post Sat, Feb 18 2023, 8:44 pm
Can you link the insta of the ones who charge these outrageous prices-I'm so curious to see their work!

amother
Sand

Post Sat, Feb 18 2023, 8:50 pm
amother Dill wrote:
Can you link the insta of the ones who charge these outrageous prices-I'm so curious to see their work!

hairbypen, sarah shipper, hairbyshan
gitty berger, makeupbygoldie, tzivikluger...
my friends used all of the above

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sat, Feb 18 2023, 8:59 pm
Don’t want to be a party crusher, but pls be careful with LH, this thread feels like it can go down a slippery slope very quickly.

OP asked a simple question and for her answer.
Starting to ask who and then bash…is un-necessary and dangerous

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 12:04 am
amother Pumpkin wrote:
Don’t want to be a party crusher, but pls be careful with LH, this thread feels like it can go down a slippery slope very quickly.

OP asked a simple question and for her answer.
Starting to ask who and then bash…is un-necessary and dangerous

100% pls be careful with LH. I was just wondering pricing because I reached out to a popular hairstylist and was told 5k! So before I start waisting more of my time I’m curious if this is over the top or the unfortunately “new normal” for a very good artist. NY area for reference.

amother
Offwhite

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 1:29 am
LH about who? The makeup artists/hair stylists or the people crazy enough to pay those insane prices??

amother
Bellflower

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 5:33 am
amother Brunette wrote:

Where are you finding top makeup artist for so cheap? The top ones are $3500 plus other fees if you want them to stay later and that is only for four faces.

The same with hair. The pricing is
Insane and they know they can get it so they basically upped the market for the little ones Ronaldo charge a lot.

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 8:53 am
In the olden days when I got married, we went to the make up artist before going to the hall. I am sure it was much cheaper.

I taught myself how to do professional make up on myself and people compliment and ask

Who did your make up?

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 9:55 am
We don't all live in New York area. When you ask for a recommendation, it's only fair to specify a location. (I know someone great in Jerusalem.)

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 10:55 pm
amother Mauve wrote:
We don't all live in New York area. When you ask for a recommendation, it's only fair to specify a location. (I know someone great in Jerusalem.)

The top insta artists travel 😆
For a fee of course 😆
Yes, even to Jerusalem!

reallakewoodmom

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 10:27 pm
I think makeup artists have a right to charge any price they want. You don't have to use top/ expensive artists if you don't want
There are so many makeup artists so it's not like they're leaving u with no choice but to use them
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics