Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Trigger warning. "Our unique family" in jail—non-Jews
  Previous  1  2  3  4 11  12  13  Next

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 8:24 pm
ra_mom wrote:
What did the mishpacha article say?

he was never written up in mishpacha or ami.

He was written up in Aish and the Jewish press.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 8:25 pm
Highstrung wrote:
I just checked it out on you tube . The entire thing is so creepy. How could they have not been suspicious from day one?

Which people put these children in this guys hands ? Was it the parents themselves? Are they even Jewish ?

CPS.
There's a huge lack of foster families in texas and CPS didnt think it was strange that a single male was adopting them. He adopted older boys and sibling groups, from group homes, who had nowhere else to go. He cut them off from their families. He homeschooled them. Did everything he could so that they had nowhere else to go. The kid who blew the whistle was shaking and crying when he called the podcast. It was 45 minutes of pure shock, to hear the things he put them through.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 8:26 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
As many of you (whoever's on whatsapp) know , I am unhealthily obsessed with this story, since Ive been following them on social media from day 1. It smelled fishy from the start. I kept saying that this is a pedo den. No one in the world knew this man, I asked around all over the place. It wasnt possible that he was Jewish -- NO ONE knows him. In Houston he was a pariah and none of the shuls had anything to do with him. THe red flags are massive. The kids are such amazing, resilient kids, I am in awe of the one that blew the whistle. I hope they get to heal and that "hayim nissimm' aka Jeffrey Vejil ROTS FOREVER. P.S. I'm sure there will be a movie or series made about this story as it's so bizarre it feels like fiction.

This is just so horrific. No words.
I'm also following them for years, I just thought they're very weird.
Which whatsapp group are you talking about?

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 9:10 pm
not a specific group per se. Ive been talking about this family for a long time, on my status, since covid when I started following them. Now when this story broke Ive been obsessed with it and following all kinds of leads and uncovering so much more garbage that my mind is blown.

Kumphort

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 9:17 pm
Wow. If this brought mama bear out of hibernation it must be serious. I have seen this family on social media before and thought something seemed off but was never invested enough to see how bad it was. So sad for these innocent children.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 9:18 pm
HH613 wrote:
I remember once reading an article either in mishpacha or ami about a single chassidish guy who adopted a bunch of boys. Is this the same one?

Yea, I was going to say (without having clicked the link, just from reading comments here) that this sounds familiar and is not a new story.

pinkpeonies

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 9:28 pm
How was this not caught earlier? I never saw this until now, but taking one look at the family, they look as fake as fake could be! Like how the media presents chassidim, really off. I would think that any frum person would take one look at this “family” and alert the authorities

missknowitall

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 9:32 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
CPS.
There's a huge lack of foster families in texas and CPS didnt think it was strange that a single male was adopting them. He adopted older boys and sibling groups, from group homes, who had nowhere else to go. He cut them off from their families. He homeschooled them. Did everything he could so that they had nowhere else to go. The kid who blew the whistle was shaking and crying when he called the podcast. It was 45 minutes of pure shock, to hear the things he put them through.

Is there a way to listen to it?

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 9:33 pm
pinkpeonies wrote:
How was this not caught earlier? I never saw this until now, but taking one look at the family, they look as fake as fake could be! Like how the media presents chassidim, really off. I would think that any frum person would take one look at this “family” and alert the authorities

The authorities were contacted numerous times. However the boys were scared stiff of the father and denied eveyrthing and anything, and since they looked healthy, happy and wholesome, the authorities had nothing to go on.

Even when someone from inside the house would call CPS the cases would get dismissed bc everyone denied that this was going on and they had no evidence.

cookier

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 10:09 pm
This man seemed off from the get-go. What kind of chassidishe man moves to Houston and adopts a bunch of kids with no wife? It’s just too weird. And as though these poor kids hadn’t been through enough before being placed.

It seems like his legal name is Hayim Nissim Cohen, changed at some point. How do we know he didn’t convert or convert the kids?

This is the second time he’s been accused of SA. He was charged with felony indecency against an exchange student and was sued by the student and his family. He’s probably playing terminally Ill to avoid having to pay when that case is decided.

OceanChimes

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 10:16 pm
I remember Zaaka posting about this a while ago and one of the kids actually replied that it's all a libel, they must've been so frightened and brainwashed into defending this man... Just horrible.

Do the kids all admit it now?

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 10:23 pm
cookier wrote:
This man seemed off from the get-go. What kind of chassidishe man moves to Houston and adopts a bunch of kids with no wife? It’s just too weird. And as though these poor kids hadn’t been through enough before being placed.

It seems like his legal name is Hayim Nissim Cohen, changed at some point. How do we know he didn’t convert or convert the kids?

This is the second time he’s been accused of SA. He was charged with felony indecency against an exchange student and was sued by the student and his family. He’s probably playing terminally Ill to avoid having to pay when that case is decided.

THere is no record in any bais din of him having a conversion.
None of the kids go to any yeshiva of any kind.
They don't go to shul, ever. Not even on Yom Kippur.
None of the kids have had a bar mitzvah . THey never put on tefillin.
If theyr'e Jewish, no one knows about it. Those are not their original names.

https://casetext.com/case/in-re-zzc

This is the termination court case of the oldest two. THeir names are certainly not Avichai and Avshalom.
Note that the mother still wanted to have contact with the boys and 'cohen' adamantly convinced the court to terminate her rights.
Unless she was absolutely abusive, a mother should still have the rights to visit and be in touch with their kid.
This guy has a criminal mind. He preyed on the most vulnerable, isolated them from the world, and then did his terrible deeds and manipulated them into denying it.
Sick sick psychopath.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 10:25 pm
OceanChimes wrote:
I remember Zaaka posting about this a while ago and one of the kids actually replied that it's all a libel, they must've been so frightened and brainwashed into defending this man... Just horrible.

THe younger six have been removed from the home. THe older 3 have not updated their social media accounts since Feb 9. So we have no idea what they're saying or thinking.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 10:26 pm
OceanChimes wrote:

where did the kids reply that it's a libel?

missknowitall

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 10:32 pm
Found this article about the podcaster. https://abc13.com/17-year-old-.....0209/

OceanChimes

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 10:32 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
where did the kids reply that it's a libel?

it was a year ago on Asher Lovy's Facebook page when there was an allegation that came out, I just went to search it and found it but I'm not sure how to post a link

fraimal

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 10:37 pm
I see them all the time on TikTok and it always freaked me out how is the kids were

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 10:38 pm
I saw that blog entry when it came out. didnt see any of the kids replying to it. I'll check again.

Missknowitall: Yes, that link is how I was able to eventually find the podcast. It's so random that he chose that of all places to blow the whistle at.

4thebooks

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 10:40 pm
OH EM GEE!! I found his account a few years ago and I was saying something is off, they looked so fishy! I kept thinking poor kids without a mother and how weird a single guy adopting that many boys.
They made TikTok’s and their dance moves never looked Jewish. I’m so sad for these poor kids. I’m having the creeps thinking of what this animal has done to them! And he’s not even sick?! One of the older boys were taking such good care of him. So he manipulated the drs to keep him in the hospital? Did the kids know he wasn’t really sick??!

OceanChimes

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 10:43 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I saw that blog entry when it came out. didnt see any of the kids replying to it. I'll check again.

Missknowitall: Yes, that link is how I was able to eventually find the podcast. It's so random that he chose that of all places to blow the whistle at.

it's on his facebook on a post jan 20/22

here's a part of the comment

Page 3 of 13   Previous  1  2  3  4 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics