Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Seminary registration first come first serve
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Lightcoral

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 3:20 pm
amother Maroon wrote:
This is not accurate- spots open as girls turn them down and there is a very good chance of getting one before the deadline if you are on top of the list. The sems are not going to wait until round 2 and possibly lose the top of the listers because they’ve already accepted elsewhere.

Yep. Someone in dd's class got in on Thursday.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 5:46 pm
Last year they also said you have 5 days or whatever. But a few schools over accepted and when girls sent back 3-4 days later they were told they no longer have a spot. Hopefully they corrected the over acceptance problem for this year but just in case I wouldn’t wait extra days just make a decision.‘by the time acceptances come you really should know already where you wanna go.

amother
Eggshell

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 5:57 pm
I sent everything back but didn't have my daughter's medical filled out as the Dr wasn't in Fri or sun. They emailed me that my slot isn't reserved. I think that's a little crazy. I sent them the immunization records but they said it's not enough...so I have to try to squeeze her in tomorrow morning and get her back to school on time for her chagiga breakout. She's head

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 10:08 pm
amother Eggshell wrote:
I sent everything back but didn't have my daughter's medical filled out as the Dr wasn't in Fri or sun. They emailed me that my slot isn't reserved. I think that's a little crazy. I sent them the immunization records but they said it's not enough...so I have to try to squeeze her in tomorrow morning and get her back to school on time for her chagiga breakout. She's head

Wow my dd seminary only asked for the money and signatures

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 10:32 pm
I'm trying to understand this.
A seminary has 300 applicants for 100 spots.
120 are told they get in (because probably some will say no), 30 are wait-listed, and 150 are rejected.
But number 107 all of a sudden gets a no because she was number 101 to turn in the deposit (6 turned it down let's say)?
And now someone who was accepted is out of a seminary?

Something really needs fixing in this system.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 11:42 pm
amother OP wrote:
Wow my dd seminary only asked for the money and signatures

Yes, ours, too. Gosh, if they asked us now for the medical form, it takes a week or more to get an appt for the forms at the pediatrician

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 11:48 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I'm trying to understand this.
A seminary has 300 applicants for 100 spots.
120 are told they get in (because probably some will say no), 30 are wait-listed, and 150 are rejected.
But number 107 all of a sudden gets a no because she was number 101 to turn in the deposit (6 turned it down let's say)?
And now someone who was accepted is out of a seminary?

Something really needs fixing in this system.

Beyond crazy, no?

amother
Dahlia

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 9:59 am
This must be something new. My youngest was in seminary three years ago and the understanding was that if you were accepted and you sent in the money and the initial registration sheet in the time they gave you you were in.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 10:05 am
amother Dahlia wrote:
This must be something new. My youngest was in seminary three years ago and the understanding was that if you were accepted and you sent in the money and the initial registration sheet in the time they gave you you were in.

Same with my daughter this year- the sem was surprised that I was worried as it was still in thr deadline. One of her other sems said that there was some sort of vaad this year that decided not to close our spots until the deadline

amother
Midnight

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 11:36 am
amother Eggshell wrote:

That’s crazy my daughters seminary didn’t ask
For any medical forms they basically asked for a deposit and to sign we are attending and to sing that she is medically healthy and able to attend.

I’m
Sure later on they will ask for these forms. But for the immediate response it should be only basic forms you have at home.

amother
Midnight

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 11:38 am
amother Dahlia wrote:

The reason is that as soon as some girls get a no they come with pull and force their way in. I know a girl who did this she suddenly found big pull or suddenly
Parents offer a huge sum of money and now the seminary is forced to accept someone they rejected so now they have to many girls. The whole systme is messed up.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 11:39 am
amother Eggshell wrote:

is this mesoras rochel?

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 11:43 am
amother Midnight wrote:
The reason is that as soon as some girls get a no they come with pull and force their way in. I know a girl who did this she suddenly found big pull or suddenly
Parents offer a huge sum of money and now the seminary is forced to accept someone they rejected so now they have to many girls. The whole systme is messed up.

Then such places should underaccept to allow for pulls. They have a waitlist, anyway

amother
Mintgreen

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 1:31 pm
Omg this whole thing is crazy. Curious how much the deposit is.

amother
Midnight

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 1:40 pm
amother Mintgreen wrote:

Mine was $6500

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 1:43 pm
amother Mintgreen wrote:

$6K

amother
Ballota

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 1:52 pm

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 1:56 pm
amother Midnight wrote:
Mine was $6500

Wow which sems are over 5k? The neve sems my daughter applied to are 5k split into 4 payments over 4 months…

amother
Catmint

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 2:26 pm
amother Maroon wrote:
Wow which sems are over 5k? The neve sems my daughter applied to are 5k split into 4 payments over 4 months…

Is this the deposit only? So you pay 1,250 as the deposit (only) over 4 months, plus tuition?

(10th grade mommy here, trying to understand what the system is before I’m actually in the parsha!)

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 3:02 pm
amother Catmint wrote:
Is this the deposit only? So you pay 1,250 as the deposit (only) over 4 months, plus tuition?

(10th grade mommy here, trying to understand what the system is before I’m actually in the parsha!)

Yes. And then the balance of tuition is billed monthly July- March or april
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info