Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Vegetables for Mashloch Manos

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 8:13 am
I am iyh doing like a vegetable platter for Mashloch Manos, when is earliest I can buy them so will be fresh?
Was thinking to do cucumbers(small pershian if can find),cherry tomatoes, mini peppers and carrots.
Any thing else should add that makes sense to do.
I will also be adding a dressing and hopefully some Crackers
I don't want to sit and cut vegetable of don't have to, but if need to only like one or 2 easy ones. As well need to be easy to wash.

amother
Broom

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 9:55 am
I'm planning to do a veggie platter as well. I have 6 sections to fill. I plan to buy snack sized containers of Chummus or guacamole (whatever Costco has) so I don't have to make the dip because it will be less work and less messy. So far I plan to do baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, and Olives. Baby peppers are also a good idea though. Maybe baby corn as well?

amother
Fern

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 9:59 am
Hey im also doing a veggie platter!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1

cucumbers, celerey, mini carrots, cherry tomatoes...

amother
Opal

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 10:28 am
I did it one year. I did a four section container and a little container for dressing. I didn’t cut vegetables. I used baby carrots, grape tomatoes, little peppers, and baby corn. I glue gunned the dressing container to top of container put on a label and done. People love healthy vegs on purim. I think u can prepare Sunday and Monday and keep stacked in your fridge

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 10:55 am
When is earliest I can buy the stuff so fresh and will not go bad?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 11:09 am
If you'd like you can use veggies that don't need to be cut like grape tomatoes, baby carrots, mini peppers, snow peas, and baby corn from a can.
You can purchase the items before shabbos but don't open the carrot bag until day before in order to keep them fresh, and don't cut any veggies until day before (since they stay fresh longer when whole and separate).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics