Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
How many pairs of shoes for son?
1  2  3  Next

Mommy007

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 11:11 am
Hi...I would like some peoples advice on shoes please!!

My son is k"nh 18 months. I will be in the country for the summer and I was wondering how many pairs of shoes he needs. Heres what I calculated...

Sandals-nice enough to wear maybe shabbos...shabbos afternoon... and during the week with shorts (since shoes and socks look kinda nerdy) and it will be hot.

Crocs-for the pool, slippers...ect.

sneakers-for running around, park, walking...

I dont know what to do about shabbos...I dont think he needs "shabbos shoes" but what about when he wears socks with his outfit...what shoes do I put him in? I love loafers but I doubt he will keep them on and they are also like close to 100 bux a pair!!!

What does everyone do? thanks

GAMZu

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 11:21 am
Firstly, shoes and socks look nerdy? What

What I do- I get my kids 2 pairs of sandals, one in brownish tones and one in navy so they match with their outfits. Then they have shabbos shoes.

They also have cosed in canvas sneakers that they don't really use, but they were 99 cents on sale (Children's Place) so I got them as a backup.

dilego

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 11:23 am
I think a nice pair of sandals,that he can wear on shabbos too &maybe he could wear crocs for the sand,pool &when u'r worried that he'll ruin the sandals,should be enough for a small kid.keep the loafers for when he'll know the diffrence,Ithink it's a waste of money unless u have a simche &he just has to look really put together.

Tefila

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 11:28 am
What should I do I have twins one boy one girl, so he must wear coordinating shoes to go with hers ... I mena what will others say.
It's like this he owns a green short set pale blue (now don't get confused with a dark blue ), Yellow too. should I buy him cheap matching shoes for everyday or will it truly matter if he owns just three basic pairs like shabbos weekday and crocks/ slippers. This is my dilemma Question

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 11:33 am
at 18 months I was told ds should only have one pair. By the shoe seller no less. One pair of very well supported SHOES. Not sandals, not crocs, just one pair of shoes. But that's me.

GAMZu

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 11:36 am
Oh, right- I forgot water shoes. Yes, my kids have 2 pairs, just in case I can't find one so I don't have to make myself go crazy.

Raisin

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 12:00 pm
I would think 2 is fine. one pair of sandals that is also ok for shabbos, and water shoes (crocs or whatever)

jemappelle

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 10:39 pm
I'm with mimisinger- at 18 months one pair of shoes from one of the good shoe stores (like teschers), properly fitted and with proper support (highish around the ankles) . no crocs no slippers no sneakers no junk just to look cute. as it is at that age you will be buying shoes every 3-4 months as they outgrow them. at about 60-70 $ each time, one pair is fine!

Clarissa

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 11:06 pm
In summer, we get one pair of really good, fitted sandals from a children's shoe store. In the fall we get him a pair of sneakers or shoes. The sandals are worn with or without socks, depending on how he's dressed, and the weather. It's too expensive to get more than one pair per season, and we don't think it's necessary. If he already has a pair of shoes or sneakers in use, they can fill in.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 11:41 pm
My toddler has-

cute shoes for shabbos

sneakers for weekday-she climbs and falls all day. Sneakers is a must

Crocs(the imitation bec I can't find her size) as slippers

shalhevet

Post Mon, Jun 23 2008, 3:33 am
Raisin wrote:
I would think 2 is fine. one pair of sandals that is also ok for shabbos, and water shoes (crocs or whatever)

I agree.

Sorry, but I thought this thread was a joke. My 14 year old dd only has sandals, Shabbos shoes and imitation crocs. I don't buy Shabbos shoes at all until aged 3-4.

And then we get posts why we need the Israel forum to be hidden. Sigh.

mummy-bh

Post Mon, Jun 23 2008, 4:22 am
My kids have the same. And I'm not Israeli Wink (or maybe, I'm just not American!)

I buy one good pair of shoes, when they need it ie the previous pair no longer fits or fell apart.
I have a collection of welly boots and plastic shoes/jellies/fake crocs in a cupboard and the kids just go along and take whichever ones fit them at the time they need it. I only buy these things for the oldest child, or occasionally in the younger ones' sizes.

catonmylap

Post Mon, Jun 23 2008, 5:27 am
My son has 1 good pair of sandals that he wears every time he goes outside. He has the Robeez that still fit (I think) from before he was walking well. And he has 2 pairs of disney shoes that are still a little too big (they were $5 a pair or less); he wore them this past Friday night when I couldn't find his sandals.

I ordered a couple of cheap pairs of shoes from the states when I got amazing sales(less than $10/pair). They aren't here yet. I will work them into the wardrobe, depending on fit and when they get here. He might end up with an extra pair if I need to buy a new pair before they come etc. I had intended the sandals from the states to get here in time and they didn't, so he might end up with 2 pairs of sandals, but I think they are one size up, so we'll see.

He might end up with more shoes than average, but the most expensive so far has been the Israeli sandals which were 70 shekels. I could never spend $100 on a pair of kids shoes.

Pickle Lady

Post Mon, Jun 23 2008, 8:08 am
shalhevet wrote:
Raisin wrote:

I agree.

Sorry, but I thought this thread was a joke. My 14 year old dd only has sandals, Shabbos shoes and imitation crocs. I don't buy Shabbos shoes at all until aged 3-4.

I totally agree with this am I am super american. They are just a little kid. Especially an 18 month old. I am also really not one to put real shabbos clothes on kids until they are the age to go to shul.

Last edited by Pickle Lady on Mon, Jun 23 2008, 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total

mali

Post Mon, Jun 23 2008, 8:13 am
shalhevet wrote:
Raisin wrote:

I agree.

shalhevet, you're funny! Very Happy

I have a feeling that you'd be the same even if you'd live in the heart of boro-park Wink

Tamiri

Post Mon, Jun 23 2008, 8:18 am
I am glad everyone has so much money for children's shoes. And the time to worry about when they should wear what. shock

Marion

Post Mon, Jun 23 2008, 8:46 am
My 28 month old DS has two pairs of sandals...identical except one is brown and one is blue. When the brown ones die he'll wear the blue. Last winter I got him navy sneakers...when his grey "Shabbat" shoes fell apart, he just wore sneakers all the time.

Twizzlers

Post Mon, Jun 23 2008, 12:27 pm
shalhevet wrote:
Raisin wrote:

I agree.

u thought it was a joke? I was pretty astounded that someone would spend $70 x however many pairs of shoes their kid "needs"

my 21 month old ds has exactly one pair of shoes. and thats just fine. AND I DONT LIVE IN ISRAEL!!!! Rolling Eyes

chayitty

Post Mon, Jun 23 2008, 1:06 pm
my son got weekday shoes peasach time...thoguh they still fit I will probably buy him a second pair now..1.bec theyre starting to look ugh and 2. bec. he will start the school yr with them as well...next they bothe have shabbos shoes...getting them sneakers this week...they both also have crocs

GAMZu

Post Mon, Jun 23 2008, 1:15 pm
I pay an average of $12 for kids' shoes. That's a range from $5 to $20.

Water shoes are about $5-7
Sandals are about $15

For what some of you pay for one pair of shoes, I outfit both my kids with 2 pairs of sandals, 2 pairs of crocs/water shoes and one pair of shabbos shoes.

Plus we save shoes that are grown out of before they are worn out for the next kid.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries