Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
How many pairs of shoes for son?
Previous  1  2  3

chayitty

Post Tue, Jun 24 2008, 11:30 am
shoe fit is very imp.
ive heard a few stories of kids that got their first pair of shoes that didnt have a good fit and the kid stopped walking...maybe it was only a month...but I doubt any mother is intrested in going through that!
also lots of cheap shoes r made from plastic that people r allergic to...makes them have terriable feet oder and rashes....
I once bought a cute shoe from gap for my son...but he refused to wear them...the shoes r much less flexiable then his reg. shoes...I started feeling around shoes and find lots of gap and children place ect.. shoes to be less flexable and hard inside
I'm not saying u cant buy cheap shoes...just saying that when dealing with real shoes...(not robeez) u should look for really good quality...maybe shop on sale

GAMZu

Post Tue, Jun 24 2008, 11:30 am
The "expensive" Italian shoes I got on sales didn't last much longer than the Payless and Fabco and Children's Place shoes.

My older son had a pair of sandals and a pair of t-strap shoes for the summer when he was 2. They were both in good enough condition to pass down to my 2 year old now. But the Payless sandals are still holding up, while the expensive t-strap are scuffed, scratched, frayed by now. (I also got him a pair of new sandals and I rotate different pair every day.)

chayitty

Post Tue, Jun 24 2008, 11:32 am
actually the xheap shoes last...bec. they r so tuff....but a soft shoe is better for the foot
besides I wouldnt save shoes for a younger sibling...unless its a boot that they wear 3 times a seasson...

GAMZu

Post Tue, Jun 24 2008, 11:45 am
I don't buy tough shoes, I only buy soft and flexible for little kids.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jun 24 2008, 11:47 am
I don't pass down shoes. But I bought leather shoes from Walmart for $10, from some Economy store for $15, Stride Rites for $20. No more than that.
I once bought Italian shoes for $20 from a store that was closing down, and they looked more scuffed up than the American ones...
And my kids are also active and I have not found any pair to fall apart. (I also would much rather buy 2 $15 pairs than one $50 pair, but to each her own).

miriamnechama

Post Tue, Jun 24 2008, 11:59 am
both my boys have ONE pair of shoes each and that is it..... NO SHABBOS SHOES. that they'll get whne they are bar mitzva.

chayitty

Post Tue, Jun 24 2008, 12:15 pm
idk....I bought american shoes once for shabbos....and it was much tougher then the italian ones....I had both and compared..my son complained every time I put them on. I know they fit cuz I felt room and once they were on he didnnt complain. For me its not worth fighting with him in the morning. thats y id rather but 1 better shoe then 2-3 cheaper ones.
also it was paten leather and started peeling from day #2...
as for buying shabbos shoes...could be it depends on what ur used to. I would reallt hate putting my son on his nice shabbos clothing with his sporty weekday shoes. I also dont like the really classy looking shoes for weekday that people use for bot. to u it might be a waste to me it would really drive me crazzy...so as they say to each their own

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jun 24 2008, 12:23 pm
http://www.josmo.com/8994.jpg
These are the sandals I got in black for my son for $15.
He has been wearing them every day since Pesach and there is no wear or tear. Being black, with nicer socks, they look fine for shabbos, and with sportier socks, they're great for weekday.
Soles are extremely flexible. I could bend them from heel to toe in the store, before they were broken into.
Velcro buckle, and a cinch to put on.
Smile
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries