Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
S/O MM tip teachers

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 01 2023, 9:18 pm
Hi! Teacher here Smile

Purim is a crazy busy time. There is so much to keep track of. I get to see all of my friends, family, deliver MM, while keeping tabs on all my kids, while cooking and setting up the purim meal.

I have 26 students that come by, dressed up to deliver MM. I appreciate that they came by and I got to see them in their costume.

On Shushan Purim I go through the mounds of MM. throw out all the homemade, keep anything nice and hide the nosh. I put all the tips in one place and thank Hashem that it usually helped cover some of the purim expenses.

I go back to school the next day.
There’s a child Davening beautifully. I don’t know or care what her mother gave - I compliment her Davening and appreciate that she’s doing what she’s supposed to.
There’s another girl who disturbing the class. Do you think I check my notes on what kind of MM she gave or what the tip was?

It makes me sad that children don’t get to see morahs on purim because parents are embarrassed about how much they can give. Please don’t deprive your child from the beautiful experience of seeing her morah on purim.
If you want to give a tip it’ll help the morah and definitely make her feel appreciated. But if you don’t she will appreciate that your child came to stop by on the busy day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics