Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
How is the fox on the stairs?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 10:57 am
My sister is having a baby soon she wants to get the bugaboo fox. She's undecided because she lives up two flights of stairs with no elevator. She definitely wants a full size stroller. Does anyone have experience with the fox or can anyone recommend a good full size stroller that bumps up and down stairs nicely?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 1:34 pm
Bump

Bubbles77

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 1:45 pm
Don't have personal experience but I think the lynx is lighter weight than the fox, therefore easier to bump on stairs.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 1:51 pm
The fox is stronger than the lynx.

If your sister is tall, then I would advise the fox which I have. If she is small, I think the lynx is more managable.

I bump my fox all the time and is quite easy but I don't like to manuever between two flights of stairs and turn the corner because it hardly fits so the lynx would be more managable.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 1:58 pm
Thanks
She thought that maybe the extra suspension in the wheels makes it bouncier and less comfortable on the stairs. Do you think so?

hiitsme

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 2:07 pm
Big wheels are way easier than small ones (I find it much easier to bump my mountain buggy up the stairs than my bee even though the first one is heavier and with 2 kids instead of one!). The fox has big wheels so should be easy on the stairs.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 9:29 pm
Ok
I'll give over the info.

motheroftoo

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 10:30 pm
I love my fox

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 10:32 pm
I lived on the second floor and bumped the fox up all the time. It’s a great stroller!

amother
Petunia

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 11:55 pm
The larger the wheels, the easier it will roll over the stairs. But be warned, it will reduce the life of the stroller as it puts stress on the frame.
I know a lot of people with the fox and they're all happy with it.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Mon, Mar 06 2023, 5:36 am
The fox is a great stroller, they're coming out with a new one now. But, no stroller is made to be bumped up and down stairs on a regular basis. I pick up my stroller and carry it upstairs. If it's bumped on a regular basis, she can expect it not to last so long. It gets very abused.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 06 2023, 5:46 am
Thabks everyone for your replies.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics