Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Did you see interesting purim costumes. Any favorites?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Daphne

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 8:54 am
BrisketBoss wrote:
I'm gonna guess something chocolatey. Very Happy

And maybe some Golden Flow? I can't see that brand name without thinking of urine. Sorry if I just ruined it for anyone.

You definitely did. I will never unsee that. Lol.

Mayflower

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 8:58 am
My unpopular opinion : these elaborate themes can be very original and I admire the time and effort put into them, but I really think most kids would prefer dressing up as something less original. What (young) kid wants to be a poop emoji? Or a battery ? Starbucks barista? I can't imagine one of my kids picking such an outfit. Let them be pirates, cops, princesses, ...

(and I'm not against themes - we do themes most years except when the kids cant agree on what theme they want)

bigsis144

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 9:06 am
Mayflower wrote:
My unpopular opinion : these elaborate themes can be very original and I admire the time and effort put into them, but I really think most kids would prefer dressing up as something less original. What (young) kid wants to be a poop emoji? Or a battery ? Starbucks barista? I can't imagine one of my kids picking such an outfit. Let them be pirates, cops, princesses, ...

(and I'm not against themes - we do themes most years except when the kids cant agree on what theme they want)

The costume that warmed my heart most (it felt like looking at baby bigsis) was a girl who looked about 10-11 years old in a spring green dress who had wrapped plastic ivy garlands around her arms and had flowers in her hair and silicone pointy elven ears.

I overheard someone ask her if she was a fairy, and she said, “no, just fae. I don’t have wings”. And it was just so sweet and nerdy - proud of what she’d made and knowledgeable about clarifying to others what her Vision was… I hope she keeps that forever.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 11:30 am
Quote:
I loved a family of 7 who were the days of Creation. All homemade costumes besides the animal one.

We did this one year.

I may be outing myself, but this year we did newspaper/newsboys. I found news print skirts for the girls and news print ties for the boys. Everyone was wearing old fashion newsboy hats. Costumes were so easy and cheap. Our MM was in a paper bag with newspaper print ads. We got so many compliments that it was an original idea.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 11:39 am
GLUE wrote:
Dad wearing a t-shirt that had an empty battery

Baby wearing a t-shirt that had a full battery

Toddler dressed up as Energy bunny

Along those lines I saw a couple wearing football shirts (jerseys? Don't know the word), father's said "tired" and the mother's said "more tired"! I didn't see the baby's costume.

The most creative I saw was a family of snowglobes with each person a different place. Looked handmade and amazing. Their poem was this, personal details removed: (no it's not mine lol I just saw it on a local group)

Trotting the globe
with our family
The Eiffel Tower, Big Ben,
770 and Lady Liberty
*Me’Arbah Kanfos Ha’Aretz*
the greatest *Hakhel* will be
In Yerushalayim
with Moshiach speedily!

A Freilichen Purim!
♡ *The ____ Snow Globes*

Edit: here's a link to some of them from a public website https://collive.com/wp-content.....8.jpg

Edit 2: I just saw that they're on Instagram on the onlysimchas costume contest. For whoever wants to see the whole family https://www.instagram.com/p/Cp.....2M2Y=

amother
DarkCyan

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 11:45 am
We saw a couple who dressed up as fisher man and their baby was a fish, They gave out poke bowls.

A family dressed up in pajamas

amother
Lightcoral

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 11:50 am
My teens dressed up as crossing guards, with accessories and all. It was so cute.

imasinger

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 12:26 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
The costume that warmed my heart most (it felt like looking at baby bigsis) was a girl who looked about 10-11 years old in a spring green dress who had wrapped plastic ivy garlands around her arms and had flowers in her hair and silicone pointy elven ears.

I overheard someone ask her if she was a fairy, and she said, “no, just fae. I don’t have wings”. And it was just so sweet and nerdy - proud of what she’d made and knowledgeable about clarifying to others what her Vision was… I hope she keeps that forever.

That's adorable!

amother
Oatmeal

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 12:50 pm
bigsis144 wrote:

Reminds me of last year my niece dressed up as a feeling. Not sure if it was “surprised” or something like it…..
I hope she keeps that uniqueness forever…

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 1:46 pm
I saw one family where the parents were farmers, the children were chickens, and the baby was an egg!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 2:35 pm
amother Oatmeal wrote:
Reminds me of last year my niece dressed up as a feeling. Not sure if it was “surprised” or something like it…..

Which feeling did she choose, and how did she dress up as it?

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 3:00 pm
amother Oatmeal wrote:

Was that based on the moive inside out?

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 3:15 pm
I saw a couple bathroom related ones also.. some people have no shame.

OceanRider

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 3:23 pm
amother Puce wrote:
My kids dressed up as sleeping beauties cute eye mask, neck pillow and wearable blanket
Make up was glitter and z’s as well as glitter eyelashes with a teddy bear tucked into the blanket. The babies were teddy bears
It came out really cute

So adorable!

amother
Clover

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 4:34 pm
I saw a family of 2 boys dressed up as British soldiers (gorgeous hand sewn costumes) and their baby sister was dressed as the late Queen of England. She had a pink wide brimmed hat, pearls, a diamond brooch pinned on her cute pink suit, tights and fancy shoes. Grey curley wig. it was neat and cute.

amother
Latte

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 4:53 pm
Our Rav and his family dressed up as Chamisha Chumshei Torah. They were each one of the Chumashim. Then they turned their living room into sections representing the Sefarim of Chumash. So they had Sara’s tent (a real tent) with candlesticks and challah and a cloud above it, and a Krias yam suf, and they had korbanos in their fireplace etc. they had pesukim for everything too. It was really cute but probably a lot of work.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 5:00 pm
amother Clover wrote:
I saw a family of 2 boys dressed up as British soldiers (gorgeous hand sewn costumes) and their baby sister was dressed as the late Queen of England. She had a pink wide brimmed hat, pearls, a diamond brooch pinned on her cute pink suit, tights and fancy shoes. Grey curley wig. it was neat and cute.

Omg my sil did this!

Oldest girl was the queen.

Next 2 kids were the guard.

The next girl was Big Ben and the baby was Paddington bear.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 5:04 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
Which feeling did she choose, and how did she dress up as it?

I just verified, She dressed up as “Euphoria”. Her interpretation was lots of blue organza and Jewelry…

amother
Bluebell

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 5:07 pm
Today was the day after Purim in Hertzliya, so few people were dressed up and I had my guard down (I'm don't live in Hertzliya, just visiting).

I saw a teenager in a Starbucks apron and got really excited for about 10 seconds, thinking Hertzliya must have opened a new Starbucks. Then I realized I'd been Purim'd 😂

nachi

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 5:09 pm
I saw a family dressed up as hiker's and the baby was a dog. Was so cute
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics