Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
So upset

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 11:57 pm
I did not daven a single bit today!!
Purim is supposedly a special time to daven and usually I make a point of Davening mincha at least but not today:(
Not even brachos! I was up half the night with my newborn and then got up at 730 and didn’t stop for a second! With all my kids, prepping food, cleaning up, driving around and going to my parents and in laws seudos. I didn’t even remember about Davening!!!

amother
Dill

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 12:19 am
Like you took care of everyone else and put them first, Hashem should help you and take care of all your needs and wishes!

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 12:29 am
amother Dill wrote:
Like you took care of everyone else and put them first, Hashem should help you and take care of all your needs and wishes!

I love this answer! It really resonated with me.

ProudMommy3

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 12:47 am
amother Dill wrote:

Amen!! What a beautiful perspective!

camp123

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 12:58 am
It's OK you were doing your best taking care of others, but, next year if you can't daven mincha why not just daven while you are doing things. In English, it takes no time.
While you are changing the baby, just say thank you Hashem for giving me this baby, may it be your will that he/she is always healthy, and happy.
While you are preparing food, thank you Hashem we have food to eat, please give us a good parnassah for this year.
You really don't need time to daven, you just need to get used to talking to Hashem while you do things.
Davenning is talking to Hashem, thanking Him and asking him for what you need, there really is no reason why you can't do that on purim next year.

amother
Sage

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 1:00 am
You’re in a stage where Davening takes a spot on the back burner.
No guilt feelings.
Your kids will be at easier stages one day and you’ll Daven again!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 6:34 am
Thanks all! It’s not even like I told myself I’ll find time etc. it didn’t even come into my thought process:(

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 6:38 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks all! It’s not even like I told myself I’ll find time etc. it didn’t even come into my thought process:(

I really struggle with davening so on Purim I try to wake up for Netz, at least to hear Megilla with the Netz minyan and then I can daven after while it's still early.

amother
Ebony

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 6:39 am
I davened mincha during the seudah after serving. Everyone was busy eating. But I didn't think it would happen. Tried to keep things simple this year so I would have the head for it. Do not beat yourself up.

rachelli66

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 6:45 am
When you take care of the needs of your family, no matter what age, that is the best Tefilla that Hashem loves. He loves you and he loves your Family. Maybe you didn't open a Siddur, but you Davened.

BH Yom Yom

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 8:29 am
Shushan Purim also has a special koach hatefillah, so if you can, daven today. May Hashem answer all our tefillos l’tovah!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics