Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Best way to order books in America to ship to Israel?

wiki

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 3:51 pm
I'm looking to send presents to my Israeli nephews and nieces.

What companies that sell American/English books would ship to a somewhat remote yishuv in Israel?

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 3:58 pm
bookdepository.com has free shipping

wiki

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 4:02 pm
Looks like they have the titles that I'm looking for. Have you used them to ship to far-out places in Israel before?

essie14

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 11:18 pm
Amazon will ship many books.

Whatever site you use, put the recipient's phone number on address line 2 so that the delivery person can call them and they'll also get SMS messages about the package.
(Tell them you're going to be shipping books so they won't think the messages are spam)

wiki

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 11:23 pm
Amazon claimed that they wouldn't send the titles I was looking for, but bookdepository.com did it. Thanks!

essie14

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 11:25 pm
Ok, great. Book depository is very good but you definitely must include a phone number. I've had shipments from them get lost.

Rappel

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 11:29 pm
wiki wrote:
Amazon claimed that they wouldn't send the titles I was looking for, but bookdepository.com did it. Thanks!

I'm glad!

We stopped ordering from them because their new shipping provider won't send directly to itamar. Very disappointing.

If anyone knows of a similar resource, please let me know!

SG18

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 3:30 am
Eva's Used Books is really good, my husband just ordered a few books from there. Local, within Israel, but site is in English.

mollie21

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 6:41 am
SG18 wrote:
Eva's Used Books is really good, my husband just ordered a few books from there. Local, within Israel, but site is in English.

thank you soooo much for this website. I'm not the OP, but my husband and I have been in Israel for years and its sooo hard to find english books for decent prices, and even then the variety is limited. I'm so happy to have learned about this site!

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 6:46 am
Not for gifts, but betterworldbooks sells used books and ships free worldwide. I get a lot of books from them. They take longer than Amazon or Book Depository, but if you are looking to save money, they are a great option.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 6:48 am
Rappel wrote:
I'm glad!

We stopped ordering from them because their new shipping provider won't send directly to itamar. Very disappointing.

If anyone knows of a similar resource, please let me know!

When Book Depository starting subcontracting to buzzr, we also found that they were delivering to inconvenient places. I wrote to Book Depository, explained that I was a loyal customer having trouble with the new delivery company, and they changed carriers. Definitely worth an email.

LisaS

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 6:08 am
I used to like Book depository until they started using a different provider for deliveries. It became too big of a hassle. Amazon more convenient.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions